PDA

View Full Version : low temp rad switch

IANMM
20-04-2009, 18:18
Just wanted to know where to get this from....does GSF do them?

R5GTTRaider
20-04-2009, 18:41
rtoc shop do them for a fiver and £2.50 postage

and if ya lazy ive added the link

http://www.rtoc.org/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=84&zenid=7b3e018fe1d1655b5fbd3e36f78a9f07

:laugh:

dickiegtt
20-04-2009, 18:42
CGB motorsport?

Scoff
20-04-2009, 19:52
How did this thread end up in "Articles" ? (answers via PM please)

Chris :)

stuTHC
22-04-2009, 19:24
wtf? :confused:

moving to Technical discussion............

J8TRO
22-04-2009, 20:59
more like WTF I just paid nearly £20 for one delivered from CGB! didn't know the club did them................................booooooooooooo o:cry:

J8TRO
22-04-2009, 21:02
more like WTF I just paid nearly £20 for one delivered from CGB! didn't know the club did them................................booooooooooooo o:cry:

Hang on just checked.....the post is asking for the low temp switch which screws into the rad.....not thermostat which locates in the hose! You don't sell the switch in the shop. few! :coffee:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-5-GT-TURBO-LOW-TEMPERATURE-FAN-SWITCH-78-65-DEG_W0QQitemZ160248663253QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item160248663253&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-5-GT-TURBO-LOW-TEMPERATURE-FAN-SWITCH-78-65-DEG_W0QQitemZ160248663253QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item160248663253&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318)

dickiegtt
22-04-2009, 21:15
I thought that at first, and then i thought he might want the 75 degree thermostat which have sold out in the shop and then thought cgb! They might not be the cheapest but its definitely a good thing that theres people like bob from cgb in this world!!:)

Os8472
22-04-2009, 22:30
Why do you need a low rad fan switch, if your engine is getting mega hot theres somit wrong and curing the symptom isn't gunna be good long term. There is a reason did the stat and fan switch at those temp ranges you know

J8TRO
22-04-2009, 22:58
Why do you need a low rad fan switch, if your engine is getting mega hot theres somit wrong and curing the symptom isn't gunna be good long term. There is a reason did the stat and fan switch at those temp ranges you know

Your last sentance does not make sense. Did you mean "there is a reason the fan switches at those temp ranges you know"?

If so what are the reasons?

3 different members have witnessed my fan not kicking in until the second bar on the temp gauge. Most people will probably reply that that's not a problem as "thats what theirs do".

When its running on the road it sits nicely on the first bar, even under hard driving. Just in traffic it rises to the second bar before the fan starts and return it to half way between bars 1 and 2. All 3 members say their fans kick in around half way between bar 1 and 2. Hence me getting the lower temp switch to see if mine will kick in lower too.

I also have an override switch on the fan which if left to run means the temp doesn't wonder over the first bar. If anything i'm doing this for no other reason than to make sure the car is as cool as possible, I don't have an over heating probelm. I just dont know why my fan doesnt kick in when theirs do.........answer.....they have lower temp sensors on their rads......i guess the mechanical switches are not all calibrated to work exactly the same.......mine is one towards the top end of the temp scale.:confused::confused::confused:

Let me know your opinion? Am I being paranoid about nothing?

Mart
22-04-2009, 23:24
In a word, yes.

Do people still think the 2nd line represents engine meltdown or something? ;) :D

For the 2nd time of posting this today, you do NOT require low temp' this & that on a gtt cooling system. The o.e setup (radiator, fan, thermostat, rad fan switch, etc) is perfectly adequate, even when being gunning it on track.

Likewise, you don't need any manual over-ride switches.

If there's a problem with the cooling system, fix it; don't mask it with low temp' operating components/sh1te.

J8TRO
22-04-2009, 23:30
In a word, yes.

Do people still think the 2nd line represents engine meltdown or something? ;) :D

For the 2nd time of posting this today, you do NOT require low temp' this & that on a gtt cooling system. The o.e setup (radiator, fan, thermostat, rad fan switch, etc) is perfectly adequate, even when being gunning it on track.

Likewise, you don't need any manual over-ride switches.

If there's a problem with the cooling system, fix it; don't mask it with low temp' operating components/sh1te.

:tuttut::tuttut::tuttut:

Thanks........rad fan switch was on it when i bought it......please don't look down on me!:innocent:

Mart
22-04-2009, 23:37
The fix it/mask it comment was said in general, not aimed specifically at you.

If you want to run low temp' components, that's fine, I'm merely pointing out they aren't required.

IANMM
23-04-2009, 08:37
Your last sentance does not make sense. Did you mean "there is a reason the fan switches at those temp ranges you know"?

If so what are the reasons?

3 different members have witnessed my fan not kicking in until the second bar on the temp gauge. Most people will probably reply that that's not a problem as "thats what theirs do".

When its running on the road it sits nicely on the first bar, even under hard driving. Just in traffic it rises to the second bar before the fan starts and return it to half way between bars 1 and 2. All 3 members say their fans kick in around half way between bar 1 and 2. Hence me getting the lower temp switch to see if mine will kick in lower too.

I also have an override switch on the fan which if left to run means the temp doesn't wonder over the first bar. If anything i'm doing this for no other reason than to make sure the car is as cool as possible, I don't have an over heating probelm. I just dont know why my fan doesnt kick in when theirs do.........answer.....they have lower temp sensors on their rads......i guess the mechanical switches are not all calibrated to work exactly the same.......mine is one towards the top end of the temp scale.:confused::confused::confused:

Let me know your opinion? Am I being paranoid about nothing?

thats assuming everyone temp gauge is calibrated exactly the same....im sure there are a few out there that are a little higher and a little lower if you get what im trying to say :)

IANMM
23-04-2009, 08:38
just picked mine up from GSF part number R93476 £9.20+VAT

djinuk
23-04-2009, 09:25
out of interest, what kinda temp should a r5 gt be able to get to in traffic conditions, (not which bar on the o/e gauge, reason im asking is i have a aftermarket temp gauge which reads in degrees. The car seems to get very warm in traffic, but ive never had a problem ... yet, just gets warm.

IANMM
23-04-2009, 10:22
http://www.renault5gtturbo.com/maintenance.htm

just some basic info :)