PDA

View Full Version : body prep

tom t
20-04-2009, 14:30
im thinking of stripping my gt and putting all of the stuff onto a campus shell ive just brought.

i want to start doing some body work to it just preping it for the spray shop. i want to start with the interior and then if it comes out any good maybe do the outside too.

what should i be using to prep the inside of the car? i.e. what grade wet & dry etc. any tips pointers would be much appreciated cheers

R5GTTRaider
20-04-2009, 18:17
what are you trying to achive?

your stripping the gtt to use n track?

JRP
20-04-2009, 19:04
what are you trying to achive?

your stripping the gtt to use n track?

Does the fact of track use or road use change the type of material used to prep a car?

please ohhhh holy one help us

markey b
20-04-2009, 19:10
if ya doing it yaself, and paint is ok (no dents scratches etc) then use scotchbrite to key it up

tom t
20-04-2009, 22:07
sorry i should have made it clearer. i want to start getting the campus shell ready for a respray and then put my gtt parts etc onto it. as the shell is way better then my gts.

also the gt shell might hang about as a track car though.

ill get some pics up of the campus shell.

cheers

djinuk
21-04-2009, 07:26
go get your self some red scotch pads mate, (bout £15 for a box of 20 i think) use them to key up all of the good paint surface, obviosuly repair jobs will be a diffrent case, any surface rust stick a wire brush attachment on brush and get it back to good metal and throw some etch primer on for the time being,.

tom t
27-04-2009, 19:02
i suppouse i should ask for some advie really about the car i forgot to post the other day. when i had someone to come and look at the car about a paint job

a minute before he came i found that the bloody windscreen surround is rusty and needs replacing.

the only place that i didnt check as the rest of the car was mint. i should have really as i noticed the t-piece in the middle of the rubber surround was missing, but i didnt plonka!

so im just woundering how much that would cost to get done properly roughly?

had a quote from renault for £70 for the panel.

havent even got round to scotch pads yet lol. need to get some pics of the car up really.

any help much appreciated :agree: