PDA

View Full Version : getting a r9 turbo... what to do now??

alister
19-04-2009, 23:31
Next week picking up a r9 turbo, what should i do to it??
its on the classifieds on here

R5GTTRaider
19-04-2009, 23:34
more to the qestion, is it cleean.. then also how deep are your pockets and what you wish to do to it, but simple things could be fmic. exhaust system, and so on:agree:

R5GTTRaider
19-04-2009, 23:35
just relised what car you on about, exellent car, looks good

still what have you in mind

Tiny Tim
20-04-2009, 08:28
more to the qestion, is it cleean.. then also how deep are your pockets and what you wish to do to it, but simple things could be fmic. exhaust system, and so on:agree:

HUSH YOUR GUMS.

You got ANY idea how rare they are over here?!

Alister, if you're a decent human being, get it mint and return it to OE spec. If you just want a cheap turbo'd renault to blat around in/do up then sell it on and buy a 5.

alister
20-04-2009, 17:15
ive already got an R5 turbo

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/aliaxgt/a74a_3.jpg

by the sounds of it the r9 is pretty crap bodywork wise..........

alister
20-04-2009, 18:07
i might do this to it, watch til the end!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CFycl7ios4&feature=related

Tiny Tim
20-04-2009, 18:24

Im more confused as to why its got a Peugeot sticker on it :scratch:

Schakal
20-04-2009, 20:15
Im more confused as to why its got a Peugeot sticker on it :scratch:

same reason , some men wear thongs i guess http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/zflag.gif

:wasntme:

alister
20-04-2009, 21:09
crazy french guys, renault/peugeot/interceptor
When I watched the video, kept thinking, last of the v8's!

R5GTTRaider
20-04-2009, 23:05
HUSH YOUR GUMS.

You got ANY idea how rare they are over here?!

Alister, if you're a decent human being, get it mint and return it to OE spec. If you just want a cheap turbo'd renault to blat around in/do up then sell it on and buy a 5.

just relised what car you on about, exellent car, looks good

still what have you in mind

lol u think your big by giving mouth read the next post

which is why i said "is it clean"

and he can do what he wants fmic and exhaust are hiden to some extent

and clean 5's are more than to blat around in

gosh what u from the hard nut estate. one of the bois

grow up roll ya neck in and watch ya mouth

R5GTTRaider
20-04-2009, 23:40
im not beeing dumb i know super charges need the tb before them, didnt know it worked on turbo;s must have missed that idea when learning about turbo

mightymanx
21-04-2009, 00:49
i like that 9 turbo looks cool tidy it up and leave it like it is i say

Tiny Tim
21-04-2009, 08:10
lol u think your big by giving mouth read the next post

which is why i said "is it clean"

and he can do what he wants fmic and exhaust are hiden to some extent

and clean 5's are more than to blat around in

gosh what u from the hard nut estate. one of the bois

grow up roll ya neck in and watch ya mouth

:laugh: Silly silly boy.

alister
21-04-2009, 16:34
I'm not one for having an oe mint car, they always end up tweeked in one way or another. I will put my current car total upto 4, my other 3 are road legal, taxed, mot'd and insured, black 325i e30, black r5 gt turbo, and my italian getting about car is a e34 525i, but thats sat in the poliza compound at the mo as it was nicked and have to wait til they sort the paperwork out, could be a month.... lazy gits!

I'm thinking i'll probably track the r9.

alister
28-04-2009, 14:19
Got my r9 yesterday, bodywork is shaby to say the least, not seen any major rust on the shell yet, one of the doors is rather rusty, the paintwork is very poo, hardly any interrior, engine seems ok, got a fuel leak at the back that needs sorting, bolt in the passenger seat and fit some seatbelts then I can go for a spin!

Yesterday I was wishing I hadnt bought the car as could of bought some 4 pots for my e30 instead(was in a post trackday high), but just sorted insurance and tax on the 9, fitted the rear light, checked all lights work, horn ect making sure its ready for a drive soon and I'm starting to like it, engine bay is much more roomier than my 5 thats for sure.

Tiny Tim
28-04-2009, 15:18
Nice one mate. Pre-warning about the tank, if its the same/similar to the 11, it'll be a metal tank.

alister
28-04-2009, 17:13
had a poke under, its where a rubber pipe joins a metal one just before the tank, so should be an easy fix, the brake pipes have seen better days so they need changing.
A friend come round and bullied me into fitting the passenger seat and a 'special' seatbelt then took it for a spin round the block, pulls ok, no smoke only going upto about 11psi, brakes arent the best in the world.

Got the week off work so going to have a play about tomorrow and see if I can get it in for an mot before i'm away again, its got one til aug but im interested in what mr mot man says.

paul-11turbo
28-04-2009, 18:03
[quote=alister;63661]had a poke under, its where a rubber pipe joins a metal one just before the tank, so should be an easy fix, quote]

I had the same on my 11, just took the metal pipe out and cleaned the rust off the ends and then re-fitted with a couple of jubilee clips :agree: