PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust leak

Dan O'Neill
18-04-2009, 21:26
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Ive got a T2 turbo and a standard elbow but im using a K-Tec enlarged downpipe and this is where the leak is turbo elbow to downpipe, can anyone give me any ideas on how to seal this. Thanks

Kris M
19-04-2009, 01:35
It shouldent leak at the join from the elbow to the downpipe ?, is it lined up correctly ?

Junglist
19-04-2009, 08:51
ive got an o ring seal / gasket in mine no leaks

Adey aka Ewok
19-04-2009, 18:20
id be intrested in one of these gaskets, soes anyone know of one that will fit between a gt tuning dp and a ktec sidey? mines blowing a little

Dan O'Neill
20-04-2009, 21:51

It shouldent leak at the join from the elbow to the downpipe ?, is it lined up correctly ?

I will take it off and reseal it hopefully that is all it is, Yhanks for your replies. :agree:

dangerous dave
20-04-2009, 22:38
mine was always good, a touch of exhaust paste might sort out a poor surface, but maybe the flange isnt what it should be.. has it taken a knock?

i forgot the center console the otherday:rolleyes: i'll pick it up when im out next:)

Dan O'Neill
21-04-2009, 21:17

mine was always good, a touch of exhaust paste might sort out a poor surface, but maybe the flange isnt what it should be.. has it taken a knock?

i forgot the center console the otherday:rolleyes: i'll pick it up when im out next:)

I will check the surface of the flange and put a smear off paste on it, dont worry about it not in a major rush for it, whenever your next over that way.