PDA

View Full Version : Everyone's a racer!

Sy5GTT
18-04-2009, 19:54
Just been to collect a chinese as I do most Saturday's.

Noticed a Citroen Berlingo racing up behind me quite agressive. No reason for this apart from the driver being upset about a 5 Gt Turbo being on the road in front of him :confused:. Left him at some lights but at the next roundabout he get's in the wrong lane and cuts me up :scratch: Now me being the mature driver, just get in behind him.

I gesture to ask what the fook his problem is and he waves an angry fist :confused:

I have no idea what just happened or why. To add to my confusion he had a disabled badge in the front window. :confused:

Why do people find these cars such a threat/insult or whatever? Seems alot of folks see red no matter what their driving.:scratch:

Is it just me?

Bod
18-04-2009, 19:57
Just the usual cock on the road had it everytime i took my pulsar out everyones up your arse and wanting a race.

RICHIE
18-04-2009, 19:58
Just been to collect a chinese as I do most Saturday's.

Noticed a Citroen Berlingo racing up behind me quite agressive. No reason for this apart from the driver being upset about a 5 Gt Turbo being on the road in front of him :confused:. Left him at some lights but at the next roundabout he get's in the wrong lane and cuts me up :scratch: Now me being the mature driver, just get in behind him.

I gesture to ask what the fook his problem is and he waves an angry fist :confused:

I have no idea what just happened or why. To add to my confusion he had a disabled badge in the front window. :confused:

Why do people find these cars such a threat/insult or whatever? Seems alot of folks see red no matter what their driving.:scratch:

Is it just me?

just unload on him mate by landing one bang on his adams apple he will be lost for words.

D4WNO
18-04-2009, 19:59
Had a similar experience the other week when out with Adam. A total random pikey-looking chap just started racing up behind us and trying to push us along the road, very aggressively. I questioned whether Adam had cut him up or something to annoy him, but this wasn't the case at all. It's not even like we were driving slowly, this is Adam for jeebus's sake, lol.

I was just confused, he gave us a proper dirty look when he pulled up next to us at the lights too :confused:

Blick
18-04-2009, 20:47
always get it in the 5 for some reason.... think every1 likes2 say they`ve blasted a 5 or some`et. i always end up takin the bait mind :p:wasntme::laugh:

R5GTTRaider
18-04-2009, 22:02
just ignore it mate!

i dont get people racing me realy. tho been offerd out but i dont like arranging a race coz its pointless, yes if ya driving along see a nother car giving it, just show them whos quicker for 300 yards and then leave them to it, there soon relise.

apart from a golf gti that was getting up my arse let him pass then he canned it pass so i pulled back out and gave it back to him,
tbh ppl that get on your arse cant drive, and is pointless

just give em a blash of the dump valve and there soon get the idea turbos genrealy win!:laugh::wasntme::D

R5GTTRaider
18-04-2009, 22:03
i always end up takin the bait mind :p:wasntme::laugh:

i have the same problem! i cant resit a quick blast with another person willing to give it some, tho i try to refrain :dearme:

JRP
18-04-2009, 22:07
Had a similar experience the other week when out with Adam. A total random pikey-looking chap just started racing up behind us and trying to push us along the road, very aggressively. I questioned whether Adam had cut him up or something to annoy him, but this wasn't the case at all. It's not even like we were driving slowly, this is Adam for jeebus's sake, lol.

I was just confused, he gave us a proper dirty look when he pulled up next to us at the lights too :confused:

he just looked and saw adam, that was enough to annoy him

R5GTTRaider
18-04-2009, 22:14
he just looked and saw adam, that was enough to annoy him
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh:

Deano
18-04-2009, 22:55
:agree:
just show them whos quicker for 300 yards and then leave them to it
Thats the way !!:laugh:

5alldaway
19-04-2009, 00:24
i just brake test the mofos, they soon back off

R5GTTRaider
19-04-2009, 00:35
lol talking of that, tonight went to orpington down st pauls cray. two cars! one was a done upstravan with a derv moto sticker on the back and another beeing a suzki swift :eek:

Blick
19-04-2009, 09:03
i have the same problem! i cant resit a quick blast with another person willing to give it some, tho i try to refrain :dearme:

yeah i try 2 refrain 4 a couple of 2nds then think f*** it..... drop a cog and hit the fast peddle!!!! :laugh::laugh: i`ll never grow up :cooter:

sphinX
19-04-2009, 09:48
i just brake test the mofos, they soon back off

Yea depending what car they are in, if its not 'up to scratch speed wise' then i will just brake if a clown is tailgaiting. Other than that, I test their acceleration with a drop of gear and pull, if they don't keep up then thats the fun over lol. Most of the time i just ignore it anyway, too many people like going over the speed limit in the 'slow' zones and i'm not up for that really

markey b
19-04-2009, 20:08
i dont get people racing me realy. tho been offerd out but i dont like arranging a race coz its pointless, yes if ya driving along see a nother car giving it, just show them whos quicker for 300 yards and then leave them to it, there soon relise.

same here.... i always rip ahead then pull back in and drive normally... they soon realise that its pointless

markey b
19-04-2009, 20:10
best was is the morons that try and push ya along... swerving about like they are going to overtake... as soon as i hit national speed limit wait for them to pull out to pass and pin it hard and leave them lookings silly, then carry on thru the next speed limit just below the actual limit, they soon realise after a couple of times and back off.. more fun than brake testing too :coffee:

The new Bill J
19-04-2009, 20:59
I had a great trick for dealing with tailgaters in my old XR2 days. They've got a separate washer bottle for the rear screen. I once stuck a splash of food colouring in the water, and angled the washer jet so it fired backwards. It worked quite well the couple of times I used it! I really wanted to try using brake fluid, but thought that was going a little bit too far :ashamed:

Of course, this was way back when I was young and stupid, and well before the days of every other person on the road wanting to take you out for breathing behind the wheel :scared:

sphinX
19-04-2009, 21:43
LOL

scratcher
19-04-2009, 21:46
I get it everytime I go on the road.
Just becase it says Sport or GT Turbo on the back, everyone feel the need to sit on ya bum.
I even had it in B&Q car park today at 5mph. I only wanted a tool box :scared:

J$£5GTT
19-04-2009, 22:51
try not to let it bother you otherwise every time you go out in the 5
for a drive you aint going to enjoy it,i usually just let them past an
laugh to myself....like the other night as some clown came booning by
an there was mr po po holding a speed gun....:laugh::D

Maka
21-04-2009, 20:08
i dont get anyone wanting to race me round where i live
i get a lot of thumbs up form mid aged guys and gawp faces from the saxos brigade.
bout it really.

however when i go out in the R19, i am suprised at how many tools in civic type rs and suburus want to blast you at the lights??? freaks, they must get off on knowing they will win against a shed with only 130 horses.

Blick
21-04-2009, 20:13
[quote=Maka;61929]i dont get anyone wanting to race me round where i live
i get a lot of thumbs up form mid aged guys and gawp faces from the saxos brigade.
bout it really.

ha` ha` funny you say that!!! i get that also..... so many people take note of the 5 gtt ;)

Duncan Grier
21-04-2009, 20:35
There are SOOOO many bad drivers on our roads, let alone the pikey gits with no insurance or tax etc :mad:

Don't get much hassle in the vx thankfully - had the usual dreamers and idiots but tent to let them get on their way (or in my old age really get pissed off and let them know it lol)

Always happy to exercise the vx but most times it is just a waste of fuel and let them past ESPECIALLY when they start driving like co*ks - nothing to prove and prefer to save it for the track ;)

Most of the fast stuff in Cov I know the owners or have been done over so dont get to play much anymore :O

Now in Neils clio cup with ring sticker is a DIFFERENT story eveyone all the time drive like idiots. Gets me sooo wound up lol

MORGAN165
21-04-2009, 20:38
i just hate it when you get something like a saxo 1.1 or some other insignificant vehicle pull up next 2 you on a duel carrage way in 3rd and keep joltin their car forwards and backwards whilst constantly staring you out:crap: i just kept it in 4th and let my turbo wind up and pull away :agree:

Maka
21-04-2009, 20:43
i often have to nod at people in the 5 to indicate a quick jostle from the lights.
a few peeps have gone for it, one in a 197, 182 and a ford rs focus.
o and a few wrx nails.

however i once had a female police officer in an astra nod me at the lights and rev her car. i didnt scream off the line but she did laugh as she pulled off.
That was wierd!

the car does seem to get a lot of love from motorbikers though, thumbs up, head nodding, checking it out at the lights etc.

MORGAN165
21-04-2009, 20:52
i often have to nod at people in the 5 to indicate a quick jostle from the lights.
a few peeps have gone for it, one in a 197, 182 and a ford rs focus.
o and a few wrx nails.

however i once had a female police officer in an astra nod me at the lights and rev her car. i didnt scream off the line but she did laugh as she pulled off.
That was wierd!

the car does seem to get a lot of love from motorbikers though, thumbs up, head nodding, checking it out at the lights etc.

kool never had that, non turbo scoobys are funny to overtake... theres a lad at my work who had an alfa 156 n offered me out on the duelcarrage way in telford (by donnington asda, sphinx shud no) and i just left it foe dead :)

Blick
21-04-2009, 21:07
this just made me chuckle 2 myself.... :laugh::laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL2mTBzP140&feature=related

Blick
21-04-2009, 21:10
in abit...... lol!

MORGAN165
21-04-2009, 21:16
lol funny:laugh:

mg zr is a fun thing to destroy on the road too, had a guy in a yellow 1 hastle me n so i just fu**ed him off

J$£5GTT
21-04-2009, 21:18
this just made me chuckle 2 myself.... :laugh::laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL2mTBzP140&feature=related

:laugh:..awesome

MORGAN165
21-04-2009, 21:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM1sGPwVSrU

gotta love turbos tho

Blick
21-04-2009, 21:27
:laugh:..awesome

makes me laugh the more i watch it.... hahaha :laugh:

Blick
21-04-2009, 21:28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM1sGPwVSrU

gotta love turbos tho

jesus!!!! that pulled away abit..... :p

MORGAN165
21-04-2009, 21:30
jesus!!!! that pulled away abit..... :p

love that video tho man, supras are just mental

royz
22-04-2009, 18:17
best was is the morons that try and push ya along... swerving about like they are going to overtake... as soon as i hit national speed limit wait for them to pull out to pass and pin it hard and leave them lookings silly, then carry on thru the next speed limit just below the actual limit, they soon realise after a couple of times and back off.. more fun than brake testing too :coffee:

it is a funny thing to do. done it a few times with a quick wave as i go for it.:laugh: