PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake pads

Bigfoot
18-04-2009, 11:40
Noticed that one of my rear brake pads is deciding to slide itself out. I have the slider bar there, the little retaining clip. no rattle clips though (does that matter?) however the bar is not sitting still and slides about, nearly fell out of the caliper. Other side is good, am I going to have to get a better retaining clip to stop it sliding about or has anyone got any ideas on how to solve this problem.

Purple_rob
18-04-2009, 14:23
Can I just add to this and see if its similar mate. My pads move around in the carriers and sounds terrible. I put new clips in which only lasted about a month and they started rattling again.

The pads are new and I was thinking of getting some o.e but the fitting kit is the best part of £30 :(.

I was going to ask if you had any nice condition carrier spare mate?

Bigfoot
18-04-2009, 14:47
Got spare front and rear calipers so sure we can sort something out there. Got a fitting kit in the end, which seems to solve the problem, the pads are pushing a lot harder on the slider bar so shouldn't slide out, but still dont think its that secure in there and can slide out going towards the centre of the car.

Ricardo
18-04-2009, 16:57
I remember a rear pad falling out giving the Clio some death while on the Nurburgring, it's not nice. The piston just pushed itself onto the discs, there is a kit you can buy (sliding bar, clips etc) as they don't come with the pads. £23 ish queen quids seems to ring a bell, maybe it's on Dialogys