PDA

View Full Version : Fuel gauge

morg
17-04-2009, 23:13
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

My fuel gauge doesnt work in my 5 has anyone got any ideas what might be wrong with it. The light still comes on when low on fuel but the needle wont move.

Any ideas welcome

Thanks

J8TRO
18-04-2009, 20:56

My fuel gauge doesnt work in my 5 has anyone got any ideas what might be wrong with it. The light still comes on when low on fuel but the needle wont move.

Any ideas welcome

Thanks

Yeah, Its attached to a Renault :wasntme:

have you tried tapping it or thumping the dash?

R5GTTRaider
18-04-2009, 21:43
lift the seat up dissconnect the plug to the sender, give it a squirt with wd or electrical contact spray and a clean with a cotton bud or twisted tissue paper and your be suprized to see it work

my water temp sender was the same. took it off and gave it a clean, no problems since

the thing is its not renaults fault as such its just plug become grimy or the spade conector or male/female bullet conectors become loose over time

give it a go if not try a spare set of clocks or borrowed one, could well be your clocks!

Dan O'Neill
18-04-2009, 21:52

Ive got the same problem forgot to sort it out this afternoon but all I will be doing is cleaning the contacts and see where I am after that.

mr bean aka pete
19-04-2009, 19:32
lift the seat up dissconnect the plug to the sender, give it a squirt with wd or electrical contact spray and a clean with a cotton bud or twisted tissue paper and your be suprized to see it work

my water temp sender was the same. took it off and gave it a clean, no problems since

the thing is its not renaults fault as such its just plug become grimy or the spade conector or male/female bullet conectors become loose over time

give it a go if not try a spare set of clocks or borrowed one, could well be your clocks!

you can also while you have the back seats up bang the sender unit on top :)

morg
20-04-2009, 22:39

Tried the wd on the plug and banging everything including the clocks and still dont work.

Any one got any more ideas or the gauge just knackered??????????