PDA

View Full Version : whats different on a 5 prima

tom t
16-04-2009, 23:02
just got my self another project 5 its a prima. solid shell.

was just woundering whats differnt suspension wise and things. just trying to weigh up what to do with it really.

cheers

Nick k
16-04-2009, 23:34
Different suspension, brakes, drives shafts and gearbox, radiator. Rear beam, fuel tank, O/S inner wing( no perc fan hole) Fuel pipes. Might not have a compensator on rear brakes, wiring. sh*t horn, need i go on!! :crap:

Frix
17-04-2009, 10:20
just got my self another project 5 its a prima. solid shell.

was just woundering whats differnt suspension wise and things. just trying to weigh up what to do with it really.

cheers

get some pics up dude!!

tom t
17-04-2009, 15:30
didnt no the suspension was different. can i bolt up gt stuff to it?
also cani use the fuel tank to run it as a gtt?
is the rear beam that much different to worry about?

as the shell is alot better then my gtt im thinking of swapping all my bits over to it.
or decide if i should build up to gtt`s

sorry for all the questions. but youre help would be much appreciated. as ive got someone coming round later to see how much its going to cost to get it sprayed.

as ill be stripping the whole lot down to get it sprayed. dash out the lot.
how much roughly do you think it should cost for a respray if it was all stripped and ready?

as im thinking it will be better to get this shell sprayed then mine you see. and probally be alot cheaper

will get some pics later as the cars at me girlfriends.

also what an essay....... sorry :agree:

tom t
17-04-2009, 16:07
also would a valeo clutch of a gtt go in there for the time being? cheers

Nick k
18-04-2009, 10:27
I had a 1.1 campus with a very good shell, and i have done basically what you are planning to do with yours. I basically stripped the campus and bolted the GT parts to it apart from the engine. Im talking full install - all wiring, rear beam, aux/main fuel tanks, Fuel pumps/lines, sub frame, suspension, gearbox, AEI, radiator, elec windows, locking :agree:

It was running the 1.1 engine with a GT flywheel and clutch for a while which was ok just slow!! ;)

The rear beam is stronger/bigger i believe and its got disc's as you know. The prima fuel tank won't have a baffle in it so when you are getting low on fuel and you rag it around a island and up the road it sucks aload of air up :( and sputters.

I have been working on mine now for 6 months on and off. Now what plate is your prima?. My campus is a J plate so no problems in regards to emissions for MOT purposes. you may have to prove the GT engine is older than a K/L/M/N reg prima engine if the MOT man is being a git due to that year of vehicle running a cat.

Another Essay for you :D

tom t
18-04-2009, 19:04
lol about the essay :laugh:

i had the bloke come around yesterday to see about getting it sprayed and just as he turned up i had found out its going to need a new front windscreen panel bugger!

they had fillered it up w**kers. this is the only place i didnt check as the rest of the car was spotless and i wouldnt have thought that would of went as the rest of it was fine. and it being alot newer then most gt`s. got a price of £69 from renault so not that bad as the shell is alot better then mine.

what do you mean by slow with the gt clutch? (just because it wasnt a turbo?)

shame about the fuel tank as mine looks like a bugger to get off. might have to source one elsewhere then.

also its a m reg 95 i think. my mot man should be ok with it hopefully his usually really good. be a bugger if not, will have to leave campus exhaust for mot.

also the wireing on my 5 isnt all that gr8 i was going to try and get away with using the campuses. and add bits to it.

ive gutted the interior today dash the lot. think im going to try and give it ago at preping the inside of the car and maybe spraying the inside. then prep the outside for a garage to spray.

would also like to get hold of a 172 lump lol so many ideas. all with a little one due in 3 mounths aswell bugger :cry:

thinking of selling mine and putting the money into this one. but then id need to source the other parts like rear beam and things and could be a pain and more expense.

thanks bud for reading another book:agree: