View Full Version : Paypal - money on hold?

gttjames
15-04-2009, 22:32
Just opened up a new ebay account, but using my exsisting paypal address/account, sold my 1st item through my new ebay account, buyer sent payment through to the paypal account, but its just sitting there on the bottom saying status 'on hold - post now'.

I clicked on details about this and it says

Please post the item right away. We'll release the funds when one of the following occurs:

you receive positive feedback from the buyer
it's been 21 days since the payment date and you haven't received a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction being held.
So basically i have to post it at a gamble of geting my money? You know what some people are like on evil bay and allways find something to moan about etc etc (saying that my old ebay account had 100% positive feedback)

I can just see myself posting the item out and geting no money for it, anyone shed some light?

RICHIE
15-04-2009, 22:35
Just opened up a new ebay account, but using my exsisting paypal address/account, sold my 1st item through my new ebay account, buyer sent payment through to the paypal account, but its just sitting there on the bottom saying status 'on hold - post now'.

Please post the item right away. We'll release the funds when one of the following occurs:

it's been 21 days since the payment date and you haven't received a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction being held.
So basically i have to post it at a gamble of geting my money? You know what some people are like on evil bay and allways find something to moan about etc etc (saying that my old ebay account had 100% positive feedback)

I can just see myself posting the item out and geting no money for it, anyone shed some light?

i had this last month even though i had a good feedback 0f 50 or so. its part of a new system to help prevent money laundering. its crap really but i just mail the seller asking if there happy and can they leave a feedback as my money is on retention.

D4WNO
15-04-2009, 22:35
This usually happens on higher priced items, I had it once and the funds were released really quickly.

It's utter crap as PayPal is all about the buyer, rather than the seller

Mart
15-04-2009, 22:39
Maybe because it looks suspect that you've created & are now using a new Ebay account, rather than your old one?

If the amount of folding isn't substantial, and/or the item you're sending is legit, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

RICHIE
15-04-2009, 22:41

is that a edited version of there email. as mine went on to say it was to prevent fraud and money laundering

gttjames
15-04-2009, 22:46
Ok, looks pretty normal then, looks like im just going to have to go for it then

tiff_lee
16-04-2009, 16:30
It's not all bad I just bought a load of silicone hoses for my RS, the payment went on hold and initially the seller refused to send.

Eventually he sent the items and turns out there is a bloody great hole in one hose and with the payment being on hold he can't do the usual trick of withdraw all the money so should get my money back without trouble....