PDA

View Full Version : lowering springs

Misky
15-04-2009, 19:13
Anyone bought them from gsf? Anygood?

R99400 LOWERING SPRING KIT R5 GT TURBO 40.15
I would be willing to swap for new standard ride height springs.

R5GTTRaider
15-04-2009, 21:52
whats wrong with what you have, id swap but kinda need them on mine to drive them:smokin: lol

J$£5GTT
15-04-2009, 22:05
Anyone bought them from gsf? Anygood?

R99400 LOWERING SPRING KIT R5 GT TURBO 40.15
I would be willing to swap for new standard ride height springs.

think a few folk have,there 35mm lower,how exact that is im not
sure,as they say how low you want to go..some info here-

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=5241&highlight=springs

:agree::)

Rob@Backyardracing
15-04-2009, 22:22
Im sure thats the part numbers on my springs i just removed of my ph1 as i want a 50 drop... If so doesnt look like a 35mm drop on my 5... Im sure ant of here bought some for his old silver GT and wasnt pleased by how little it dropped??? has anyone else used these?

J8TRO
15-04-2009, 22:33
Im sure thats the part numbers on my springs i just removed of my ph1 as i want a 50 drop... If so doesnt look like a 35mm drop on my 5... Im sure ant of here bought some for his old silver GT and wasnt pleased by how little it dropped??? has anyone else used these?

Yeah, I bought the -35mm as they were a cheap fix as when my car went for its mot I found the original springs had been cut by the pikey c*nt who owned it before me!

Its hardly dropped at all and I'm open to peoples suggestions on decent springs / dampers as mine looks arse heavy at the mo :sad2:

Misky
15-04-2009, 22:34
Argh so they are about a 35mm. Whats the standard ride height?
Just trying to picture what the 5 would look like, I have 15'' wheels with 45 profile tyres.
hard work this lol.

I want it too look something like this again:
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=284&pictureid=5699

You think that is a 50mm drop?

Rob@Backyardracing
15-04-2009, 22:40
My white GT on my profile ran apex 50 drop on 15s with 45 pro...

Misky
15-04-2009, 22:51
Yeh that looks like a similar drop to mine.
Looking like 50s then :crap:

R5GTTRaider
15-04-2009, 22:54
Argh so they are about a 35mm. Whats the standard ride height?
Just trying to picture what the 5 would look like, I have 15'' wheels with 45 profile tyres.
hard work this lol.

I want it too look something like this again:
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=284&pictureid=5699

You think that is a 50mm drop?

chuck up a decent side pic of your car and ill lower it to 50-60mm and any height you want. im good with photoshop u see:cooter:

gttjames
15-04-2009, 23:33
This is mine on standard 13's. -50mm apex springs at front, and torsion on rear is about 50mm to, wheels dont really sit in arches, 15's would though i reckon, wouldnt want to go any lower though with the front bumper
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/sr50james/3phonepictures169.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/sr50james/3phonepictures170.jpg

R5GTTRaider
15-04-2009, 23:47
so whats the easiest/ cheapest way of getting 40mm+ drop?

Rob@Backyardracing
16-04-2009, 07:55
i think spax do a 45 drop? cost around £60 from your local ripspeed. :scared: not like i go there.....

Misky
16-04-2009, 08:05
This is mine on standard 13's. -50mm apex springs at front, and torsion on rear is about 50mm to, wheels dont really sit in arches, 15's would though i reckon, wouldnt want to go any lower though with the front bumper

Well... the pic above in my album is a side pic, but that's what it used to be like and don't know what height springs where used.

It failed the mot on them as they said when the car was on the ramp they could do what ever they wanted with the springs (move them everywhere) but I would expect that to happen as there is no weight of the car to compress/take up the slack. So can I just re-use my old ones now its passed? as buying new springs will have the same affect but I will pointlessly out of pocket!

R5GTTRaider
16-04-2009, 10:44
Well... the pic above in my album is a side pic, but that's what it used to be like and don't know what height springs where used.

It failed the mot on them as they said when the car was on the ramp they could do what ever they wanted with the springs (move them everywhere) but I would expect that to happen as there is no weight of the car to compress/take up the slack. So can I just re-use my old ones now its passed? as buying new springs will have the same affect but I will pointlessly out of pocket!
why did they fail?

did the spring fall out the top or bottom cup?

Misky
16-04-2009, 12:42
why did they fail?

did the spring fall out the top or bottom cup?

Good question I dont know tbh.
Can they fall out the bottom cup or is that me being a noob? :ashamed:

J$£5GTT
16-04-2009, 13:55
im running minus 3 inch springs from abp
:cool:

Bigfoot
16-04-2009, 13:58
Good question I dont know tbh.
Can they fall out the bottom cup or is that me being a noob? :ashamed:

If they dont seat properly they will fail them. when going over a bump your struts will not hold the spring in place and the possibility of them twisting and possible causing damage.

Misky
16-04-2009, 14:34
If they dont seat properly they will fail them. when going over a bump your struts will not hold the spring in place and the possibility of them twisting and possible causing damage.

Cheers for that info mate! learn something every day. :agree:

gttjames
18-04-2009, 00:04

Sounds to me like your springs may have been cut?

Even when mines in the air with no weight on it the springs are rigid in place!