PDA

View Full Version : rear brake compensator

tom t
15-04-2009, 17:20
whilst ive got the car jacked up as the car just died on me due to a loose connection on the fuel pump.

how can i for now cable tie the rear brake compensator valve so to have more braking at the back of the car? as the fronts are doing all the work. been meaning to do this for agers

thanks

J$£5GTT
15-04-2009, 17:25
whilst ive got the car jacked up as the car just died on me due to a loose connection on the fuel pump.

how can i for now cable tie the rear brake compensator valve so to have more braking at the back of the car? as the fronts are doing all the work. been meaning to do this for agers

thanks

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR !!!

your brakes are very important like you dont know..
an for your safety etc....if your compensator is broken/
leaking then replace it or face the consequences :dearme:

tom t
15-04-2009, 17:28
yeah i know. it looks like the springs knackered to be honest. i will be replacing it very sooooonn

J$£5GTT
15-04-2009, 17:32
yeah i know. it looks like the springs knackered to be honest. i will be replacing it very sooooonn

if your sure its just the spring you could try say cgb an bob may have
one,your talking £130 + new for a compensator..
:agree:

tom t
15-04-2009, 17:52
yeah ive just seen them on there bit expensive really. (suppouse its not if my brakes will be safer) will have to see if his got one. might just try soaking the spring with wd40 and try it after that, and do the brake pipe connections to it aswell, incase i do have to change it.