PDA

View Full Version : Video of my 5 GT Turbo

SPENCER
15-04-2009, 09:46
Just thought I'd share this with you and hopefully some of you will appreciate it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFp-DKPn7ic&fmt=18

Thought it would be nice to chuck a little video together to show the beasty in action since I've now owned her for over 5 years :p (also been a member of rtoc from about 2 months after buying the car ;) just havn't been around that much lately)

You'll have to excuse the bit of tappety'ness. Havn't got round to adjusting them for a few months.

Misky
15-04-2009, 10:01
Good video mate! Like the d&b mix of la roux! great choice! compliments the video. :agree:

Frix
15-04-2009, 10:03
looks nice mate, body work in some of those camera angles looks very shiney!! :)

BriC
15-04-2009, 10:08
Good video mate! Like the d&b mix of la roux! great choice! compliments the video. :agree:

Is it just me that's loving that La Roux track? Personally.. I can't wait for the album to come out

Misky
15-04-2009, 10:16
Is it just me that's loving that La Roux track? Personally.. I can't wait for the album to come out

Nope its a Banging tune! :cool2:

BriC
15-04-2009, 10:30
I'm talking about the original, but yeh.. the D'n'B mix is good too :)

SPENCER
15-04-2009, 10:39
Yeah, I quite like the original, This is the High Contrast re-edit of the Scream remix :scratch:

I heard it on radio one the other night.

Chris Hebden
15-04-2009, 10:47
Great stuff mate, did you mix that all together your self? Cracking choice of music :agree:

5alldaway
15-04-2009, 11:20
makes me want to go drive mine, good **** dude

what camera u using?

SPENCER
15-04-2009, 13:07
Great stuff mate, did you mix that all together your self? Cracking choice of music :agree:

yep its all done in sony vegas.

all the main footage is from a sony mini dv camera, and then the shots from the side of the car are from a bullet camera plugged into the sony.

wrightygtt
15-04-2009, 14:32
Good stuff Spencer, car looks, sounds the business.
:agree:

jesus in the seat of a 5
15-04-2009, 19:04
Nice car ...is that mallory or coombe, maybe its silverstone or brutingthorpe...im not sure...:laugh:

SPENCER
15-04-2009, 19:31
Nice car ...is that mallory or coombe, maybe its silverstone or brutingthorpe...im not sure...:laugh:

:eek:

A little bit Harsh jesus!, I was hardly gunning it around, only opened it up a little now and then! and kept it well within the speed limit for the roads that i was on :rolleyes: .

I wouldn't have uploaded it if I was driving like an arse ;)

I just love the 5 and like to do a bit of video stuff with different angles etc and thought it would be nice to do a little showcase of my beloved renault, because soon I will be having to get rid :cry:

jesus in the seat of a 5
15-04-2009, 20:07
:eek:

A little bit Harsh jesus!, I was hardly gunning it around, only opened it up a little now and then! and kept it well within the speed limit for the roads that i was on :rolleyes: .

I wouldn't have uploaded it if I was driving like an arse ;)

I just love the 5 and like to do a bit of video stuff with different angles etc and thought it would be nice to do a little showcase of my beloved renault, because soon I will be having to get rid :cry:

Fair doo`s bud..i did put a..:laugh: after it , i like the angles etc etc to be honest , sorry to hear you have to get shot buddy...:cry:, no hard feelin`s, aye...:gagged:

SPENCER
16-04-2009, 08:32
aye, no worrys :niceone:

Kenobi
16-04-2009, 14:28
aye, no worrys :niceone:

:agree: good stuff mate. sell to me.

SPENCER
16-04-2009, 15:07
:agree: good stuff mate. sell to me.

:p you've got enough bits to build 3 cars anyway !! and there just the bits buried in your front garden :laugh:

Tillax
16-04-2009, 15:16
I watched this vid, nice car, but the thing that struck me most, even on youtube was the impressive sound that that the car makes when accelerating, you just know theres plenty of power there.

How did you get it to sound like that? Is it deafening?

BriC
16-04-2009, 15:20
I watched this vid, nice car, but the thing that struck me most, even on youtube was the impressive sound that that the car makes when accelerating, you just know theres plenty of power there.

How did you get it to sound like that? Is it deafening?

It just sounds like a GTT with a sidey :confused:

Tillax
16-04-2009, 15:23
It just sounds like a GTT with a sidey :confused:

Ah, well maybe thats all it is, I've never heard any car with a side exit exhaust... excuse me, I don't get out much.

BriC
16-04-2009, 15:24
:laugh:

SPENCER
16-04-2009, 15:52
In fact the cameras dont pick up the sound very well really they just seem to distort and things like wind noise being picked up cancel out some of the exhaust sound.

It's really nice in person and lovely on boost but its got a certain sound between 3000-4000rpm that I can only describe as a harley or long stroked bike engine which i've only noticed since I fitted the higher lift cam...I don't think its just the wastegate opening as it's just so much different with the new cam and the noise actually dissapears higher up the rev's.

Oh and don't forget the size of the turbo has an effect on loudness because the turbine and wastegate holes are a fair bit bigger on the T25.

The worst thing is I can't sneak around to anyones house without them knowing 2/3 mins earlier that I'm on my way! :laugh:

sphinX
16-04-2009, 16:19
It's really nice in person and lovely on boost but its got a certain sound between 3000-4000rpm that I can only describe as a harley or long stroked bike engine which i've only noticed since I fitted the higher lift cam...I don't think its just the wastegate opening as it's just so much different with the new cam and the noise actually dissapears higher up the rev's.

:laugh:

Thats exactly the same as mine, just under 3000 rpm upto about 3700pm is the harley sound your on about, i love it haha. And yea it goes away further up the rev range, more of a roar after that

Big Steve - Raider
16-04-2009, 17:11
:goodJob:

sphinX
16-04-2009, 20:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkMJZKhVFFY

such a track!

jay28
19-04-2009, 09:56
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Very nice mate! Im starting to get back into mine now its mot next week!!! Vids like this make you realise how mint they sound!