PDA

View Full Version : Boris 1piece downpipe

raj
14-09-2008, 17:21
right!
ive been faffin about with this for too long.
my current exhaust which is a 2"diametre magnex system will Not mate up to the boris downpipe. the downpipe opening is simply too big for the magnex.

so im looking for a new exhaust to fit but id like to stay away from a side exit if possible but wont count them out as i know they mate up ok, also not keen on the scorpion[knocking].

so for all that have the boris downpipe fitted - what diametre systems have you got fitted? and how well do they mate up to the downpipe?

im just trying to work out what options i have.

Nayls
14-09-2008, 17:40
I have a 2.5" powerflow that mate's up perfectly.

tbh if you have forked out for the large downpipe,then you'd be wasting your time & money if you bought anything smaller than 2.5" for your exhaust.

Mr 5
14-09-2008, 20:27
ditto, im running a AAS system, full 2.5",fits the downpipe, i would say go custom,not that expensive,mine was only £250,no knocks or bangs either,dont ask how as there's NO room above the rear axle

raj
14-09-2008, 20:41
ditto, im running a AAS system, full 2.5",fits the downpipe, i would say go custom,not that expensive,mine was only £250,no knocks or bangs either,dont ask how as there's NO room above the rear axle

lol @ "not that expensive,mine was only £250":laugh:

thats waaaay out of my budget.:(

Mr 5
15-09-2008, 08:29
lol @ "not that expensive,mine was only £250":laugh:

thats waaaay out of my budget.:(

lol well its not much more than a full scorpion or magnex new is what i was getting at lol,worth it but it did take a while to save up the samolians

michael tierney
19-09-2008, 23:20
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

would borris not make u an adaptor??

raj
20-09-2008, 00:14
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

would borris not make u an adaptor??

this is all sorted now,
boris kindly sent me 3 adaptor peices for free, ive had a piece tig welded to my exhaust pipe and its now a perfect fit:).

again,thanks boris. much appreciated:agree:

ranj
22-09-2008, 23:47
First post!

Could do with one of them adaptors myself to mate the bms downpipe to my magnex exhaust ...... Will have to send him a pm , thanks for keeping us informed raj :)

Junglist
13-09-2009, 18:22
yo guys , thought id wright on this thread instead of opening a new one..

would there be a connector , gasket or reducer available to sort this out anywhere on the market ,ive searched ebay cant find anything ,dont realy know what im looking for.
i need to connect my scorpian exhaust onto a Boris bms one piece down pipe and it very hard to mate up without it blowing like a whore, i think i need some kind of reducer untill i can put the sidey back on .. :cry:

Junglist
13-09-2009, 19:12
no one know where i can get a suitable adapter from ?

JRP
13-09-2009, 19:24
okmy original post has vanished... i guess when i got got cut off briefly it didnt make the boards!

your best tou go to a place the makes up exhausts then they can work with your d/p and exhaust... and build somthing suitable.

id imagine it would be hard for boris to make an adaptor as he has not got your exhaust infront of him etc... just a guess though as they all have their differences

dave r5
14-09-2009, 17:06
you can buy an exhaust stepper, its about 10 inches long an steps up in size's

from 1 1/2"-- 3"

think demon tweeks do them
i used i to make my exhaust up

Junglist
14-09-2009, 19:17
i was after like a collor or gasket ,, boris is sorting me out now ,, cheers