PDA

View Full Version : engine bay colour

Harrison01
13-04-2009, 19:54
Due to a slight mishap the engine had to come out of the 5. but as its out ive decided to treat the engine bay to a bit of an overhaul. Been able to do some outstanding welding repairs and cleaned the bay and primed it.

I just cant decide on what colour to do the bay in. the colour of the car is aston martin viper blue but i cant afford to get the paint mixed and put into aerosole cans. Does anyone have a colour chart and tell me what blue is available from halfords or shall i do it in a different colour. say silver?

Suggestions please...

J$£5GTT
13-04-2009, 19:58
id go for factory matt black finish,dead easy to do an very
easy to keep lookin half tidy,lots of cars came from the factory
with oe under the bonnet matt finish
:agree:

Harrison01
13-04-2009, 20:05
def worth a thought

Chris Hebden
13-04-2009, 20:06

That would have a nice contrast between the two colours

RICHIE
13-04-2009, 20:30
Due to a slight mishap the engine had to come out of the 5. but as its out ive decided to treat the engine bay to a bit of an overhaul. Been able to do some outstanding welding repairs and cleaned the bay and primed it.

I just cant decide on what colour to do the bay in. the colour of the car is aston martin viper blue but i cant afford to get the paint mixed and put into aerosole cans. Does anyone have a colour chart and tell me what blue is available from halfords or shall i do it in a different colour. say silver?

Suggestions please...

there is a place in bedford near me called nu agen they mix paints up there and then on the spot mate they also sell it in the aeroslol cans cheaper than halfords mate. drop me a pm if your stuck

Harrison01
13-04-2009, 21:08
Cheers ill look them up tomorrow...

there is a place in bedford near me called nu agen they mix paints up there and then on the spot mate they also sell it in the aeroslol cans cheaper than halfords mate. drop me a pm if your stuck