PDA

View Full Version : What's got an underslung rear gearbox mount?

Andrew Cooke
12-04-2009, 15:44
I'm sure I've see a J series gearbox with an rear mount that attaches to the bottom of the subframe. Not the dogbone stabiliser of the later clios, but an actual mount. I've been balancing the 172 engine in the Twingo bay, and the standard manifold goes straight through the rear mount. It looks like I could cut this mount off and use a standard 172 manifold and downpipe.

If you've got a picture, part number, or even a mount you fancy selling, shout up :)

Scoff
12-04-2009, 15:56
I've never seen one like that, but I once had to modify one of those clio dogbone mounts when a guy had fitted a C1J with 2 R5GTT type front mounts. The rear of the engine wanted to collapse ofcourse so I welded the dogbone mount solid with the gearbox bracket so that it didn't hinge anymore. It worked OK but the big rubber donut under the car was a bit weak for my liking, it wasn't happy with the extra weight. Maybe you could weld it up and then find a stiffer rubber do-nut.

Andrew Cooke
12-04-2009, 16:16
hmm, not so easy then. I've found the rear mount, they use it on the clio cup race cars.

Andrew Cooke
12-04-2009, 16:20
http://www.rtoc.org/files/Technical%20Files/Andrew%20Cooke%27s%20stuff/Twingo/cup%20mounts.JPG

TURBO'D CLIO
17-04-2009, 07:17
I need one of those epc's mate, did you get yours from flee bay??

It would help me out so much on my conversion...

Big Steve - Raider
17-04-2009, 07:42
I'm pretty sure that's the part number for the item highlighted in RED on the picture above.

Might be worth giving your local Renault Dealership a ring & see if you can get a price?

Andrew Cooke
17-04-2009, 09:45
what you want is "dialogys" it's on ebay etc, but, it's a bit of an arse to get working.

what's the model code for a clio rsi?