PDA

View Full Version : Brake Master Cyl Question

zinc
11-04-2009, 22:28
Howdy :)

My master cylinder appears to have decided it wants to go and live in the bin :scared:

Seems a fairly simple job to replace, i'd just like someone to confirm that the supply pipes from the resevoir just need to be yanked out?

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z309/silane/MasterCylinder.jpg

As far as I can see (the black pipes) just pull out? I don't want to damage anything so just thought i'd check first! :scratch:

Woznaldo
11-04-2009, 23:59
In a word, YES...... ........but they can be, no, they will be a biatch and even worse to put back in. The other thing you need to do is, make sure the pin coming from the pedal correctly locates in the sleeve of the master cylinder. You'll understand when you pull it off.

zinc
12-04-2009, 00:09
I see. I did give them a lilttle tug and they seemed to be sat in there quite tight which is why I thought i'd ask first!

It's going to be fun! :crap:

Os8472
12-04-2009, 10:39
Just did it on mine, the black pipes nearly fell out of the old 1 but took 2 of us to get them in the new 1

Alex
12-04-2009, 11:13
As said they just pull out. Try not to remove the other end of that pipe (from the rubber elbows) I had all manor of trouble with mine cracking/breaking! :rolleyes: