PDA

View Full Version : Re-Fitting the flywheel & Crank & Gear Box

IANMM
10-04-2009, 09:06
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi,

Ok all this has been off the car for a while the engine has been rebuilt but i got to put the flywheel crank and gearbox back on now i dont think the flywheel got marked when it was taken off so is there a way of getting it all on with the correct timing etc as its been a few years and i have forgotton more than i can remember....any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Ian

clee
10-04-2009, 09:25
It should only go on one way .The bolts will not be equally spaced :agree:One will be out by some degrees .

Brigsy
10-04-2009, 10:01
The flywheel only fits on one way, turn it until the bolt holes line up. Don't forget to thread lock/torque them up.

IANMM
11-04-2009, 09:38
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Thanks for the replys.......yeah got it all on ok all went on well apart from one gearbox bolt that i couldn't find had a double threaded one that looked the same don't know if that suppose to go somewhere else in the car lol....

will post more about the rebuild and pictures as i go along :)

Matt Cole
11-04-2009, 11:28
I wouldn't torque them up or ala the haynes torque setting which is incorrect. They snap easy unless your getting ht versions and replacing them. Just thread lock em like what has been suggested and do them up FT!

Andrew Cooke
11-04-2009, 11:40
I wouldn't torque them up or ala the haynes torque setting which is incorrect. They snap easy unless your getting ht versions and replacing them. Just thread lock em like what has been suggested and do them up FT!

those crappy capscrews are a liability, I swapped them for 12.9s early on - no more rounding off trying t get them out.

Adam L
11-04-2009, 12:49
The double ended bolt is the one that goes in the back of the box through the block. You're best double nutting it to wind it in. You need the starter off to get access to it unless you've got small hands and fancy doing it from underneath, which isn't the recomended choice.