PDA

View Full Version : Vernier pulley

c5 swh
08-04-2009, 19:57
First off is this worth getting if getting uprated cam?

Also im sure ive read somewhere that it can catch on the timing cover, (ive searched it on here but cant seem to find what i read:ashamed:)

Does this occur everytime or is it pot luck whether it happens or not?

How can you stop this from happening?

RICHIE
08-04-2009, 20:02
First off is this worth getting if getting uprated cam?

Also im sure ive read somewhere that it can catch on the timing cover, (ive searched it on here but cant seem to find what i read:ashamed:)

Does this occur everytime or is it pot luck whether it happens or not?

How can you stop this from happening?

ive never heard of them touching the cover maybe if the cover is dented it could possibly.

James5
08-04-2009, 20:13
ive never heard of them touching the cover maybe if the cover is dented it could possibly.

They catch if you using the washer, leave out and all will be fine

Rob@Backyardracing
08-04-2009, 22:36
Its worth getting if your swaping to an uprated cam, but id only swap to an uprated cam depending what you want from your engine and car... The Std cam is a good cam to a degree.

jure
09-04-2009, 07:36
Piper one sometimes catch cover but CatCams doesn't. Also it is slim and light comparing to Piper's :smokin:

With bigger turbo you will notice gains but with T2 and reasonable boost it is not worth opening engine and fitting it if headgasket isn't gone.

Markey Mark (BD)
09-04-2009, 10:35

Yeah they do mate especially when fitted with the Piper vernier, i've had 3 or 4 like it.

A slimmer washer will sort the problem out if you find it touchin

Brigsy
09-04-2009, 11:43
I had to use a slimmer washer/cork gasket so the bolt clears the cover with my vernier pulley, no idea what make it is though.