PDA

View Full Version : general dicks on the roads

djinuk
07-04-2009, 11:28
I cant believe how many dicks seem to be on the road now. My rant begins with being in the car with my mrs saturday around 5:00. She enters a roundabout when a toyota somthing or other comes flying onto it pressing his horn and flashing his lights. Now i dont think it quite classes as cutting up when the car was doing easilly double the speed limit, but anyhow , this car then decides to follow her and then overtake her around a bend and attempt to force her off the road (quite litrally). After failing to do so he pulls up and out he jumps out (playing the big hard man) he soon got back in the car and drove off when 3 lads piled out of a Ford Ka (mrs was taking me to get some oil for the R5). Its just i wonder why folks are in such a hurry to cause problems when they are on the road. Im not saying im a saint and dont lose my temper maybe swear when somebody cuts me up but i certainly dont try to run them off the road.

Im just noticing this behavior more and more, sometimes i miss the days of walking everywhere to taking my bike through the woods.

scratcher
07-04-2009, 16:39
Did you get the guys number plate? You could put in a report for dangerous driving.
There are loads of knobs on the roads... I work with most of them.
I get moaned at for doing the speed limit, not cutting people up and not under-taking.

Someone tried running me off the road before after i turned through a filter light and he wanted to race someone else. Done the usual getting out being the hard man. Lucky we were coming back from the driving range. He soon shut up when we got out with a couple of golf rackets :laugh:

djinuk
07-04-2009, 17:36
we got the start of it, mainly to keep a eye out for the car again, as it happened in the local area and maybe worth keeping tabs on him. No point reporting i dont think, the police will just tippy tappy it into the computer and thats that.

wrightygtt
07-04-2009, 21:57
I agree also mate, why are people always in such a hurry? If you left a few minutes earlier you wouuldn't need to rush around, ****tards. I also hate ignorant people where you let them out of a junction or give way for them and they don't even acknowledge your act of goodwill, women are the worst tbh.... Thats not being sexist, just keeping it real...

TNT Tricky Nicky
07-04-2009, 22:32
I drive for a living so I see a lot of said people on the road, it does seem to be the amount of them is increasing. The thing that really annoys me is when a bloke starts on a woman driver even though it's their own driving that was the cause of the problem. I have noticed it seems to be young women who are the main offenders when it comes to tailgating but I think it's just ignorance which we are all guilty of on the road and it's danger

5alldaway
08-04-2009, 01:14
im a dick on the road, but only if the cars ahead do the speed limit and not something 10mph or 15mph less cause that just infuriates me

and then theres the people who constantly ride the brake pedal at all times

Penfold aka The Dealer
08-04-2009, 07:49
I hate tosser's like this on the road...

Ever since i have started to teach people to drive i have noticed people attitude on the roads, and i am shocked.

The amount of times i get people sitting up my arse when teaching or even when i drive the car myself... i am doing f*cking 30mph in a 30mph zone and what gives them the right to sit 2" of my rear bumper... they dont like my speed then over take and f*ck off.

What really gets me is people that over take on bends and cut in, or over take me and then slow down WTF is that all about.

The amount of people that overtake my pupils at round abouts just because they are a little bit slower really gets me, they alway go the wrong way around mini round abouts just to get 1 car ahead...

I love pointing out to them that they have been caught on camera by stating that the local police have fitted "proffesional driving school" car with front and rear video camera's and that there driving will be reported.

Also you will be suprised how easily it is to find a car again some you know the colour and reg... so just keep an eye out and repay the favour one time.

Rob1980
08-04-2009, 08:14
I hate tosser's like this on the road...

Ever since i have started to teach people to drive i have noticed people attitude on the roads, and i am shocked.

The amount of times i get people sitting up my arse when teaching or even when i drive the car myself... i am doing f*cking 30mph in a 30mph zone and what gives them the right to sit 2" of my rear bumper... they dont like my speed then over take and f*ck off.

What really gets me is people that over take on bends and cut in, or over take me and then slow down WTF is that all about.

The amount of people that overtake my pupils at round abouts just because they are a little bit slower really gets me, they alway go the wrong way around mini round abouts just to get 1 car ahead...

I love pointing out to them that they have been caught on camera by stating that the local police have fitted "proffesional driving school" car with front and rear video camera's and that there driving will be reported.

Also you will be suprised how easily it is to find a car again some you know the colour and reg... so just keep an eye out and repay the favour one time.

Penfold i'm sure that you will agree the the roundabout at Junction 10 is a nightmare! I get cut up on that all the time by drivers who do not have a clue what lane to be in even though it is written in 3 foot big letters on the floor!! They then proceed to wave their fist at me as if I am in the wrong when I am in the right lane!!

Another grip I have is tits who get in the right hand land at a roundabout when you are in the left hand lane and they go straight over and cut you up! Right hand lane is to go right, left hand lane is to go left or straight over unless otherwise stated. Again they give me abuse for almost hitting them as they think its my fault. I do wind down the window and point out politely how a roundabout works. :rolleyes:

Bigfoot
08-04-2009, 08:23
Can we all join in for complaints. people who go straight away in the outside lane of a dual carriage way when the inside lane is clear :mad:

Tiny Tim
08-04-2009, 08:34
Can we all join in for complaints. people who go straight away in the outside lane of a dual carriage way when the inside lane is clear :mad:

LOL so you're familiar with the spur road in Bournemouth then?!

Driving is VERY different down here to how it was in Hertfordshire. Overall there's less aggressive drivers, but style is different. No-one indicates going round a roundabout here, just when they're pulling off (most of the time).

The biggest danger here is the old people who seem COMPLETELY oblivious to other road users. I forget the amount of times i've been cut up/almost rammed off the road.

Penfold aka The Dealer
08-04-2009, 08:43
Penfold i'm sure that you will agree the the roundabout at Junction 10 is a nightmare! I get cut up on that all the time by drivers who do not have a clue what lane to be in even though it is written in 3 foot big letters on the floor!! They then proceed to wave their fist at me as if I am in the wrong when I am in the right lane!!

Another grip I have is tits who get in the right hand land at a roundabout when you are in the left hand lane and they go straight over and cut you up! Right hand lane is to go right, left hand lane is to go left or straight over unless otherwise stated. Again they give me abuse for almost hitting them as they think its my fault. I do wind down the window and point out politely how a roundabout works. :rolleyes:

Rob, you hit the nail on the head with both point's there mate :agree:

Bigfoot
08-04-2009, 08:44

Driving is VERY different down here to how it was in Hertfordshire. Overall there's less aggressive drivers, but style is different. No-one indicates going round a roundabout here, just when they're pulling off (most of the time).

The biggest danger here is the old people who seem COMPLETELY oblivious to other road users. I forget the amount of times i've been cut up/almost rammed off the road.

I noticed that as well :laugh: bit like in Europe when driving. But I think its most drivers who do that rather than the old. Think its something in the air that does it :crap:

wrightygtt
08-04-2009, 18:59

Lol, it must be the sea air, it was like that down in Newquay when I lived there, sooo relaxed it was boardering on dangerous in its own right, i.e not indicating then sort of pulling out at roundabouts when its your right of way, leaving it to the last minute... Driving about 1 mile an hour in clapped out shed mobiles, with no tax or insurance, it seems like people do whatever the fcuk they want by the coast, maybe the lack of police down that side