PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow Members Help!

Bass J
06-04-2009, 13:22
Is there anyone out there near glasgow that could come to the southside of glasgow (clarkston to be exact) to setup my 5gtt engine?

Its all piped up ...just needs distributor gear lined up so that it runs properly. Also needs fueling setup and the boost setup.

I would do this myself but im scared i will bugger it up and cos me a whole lot of time and effort i have put into this engine conversion:laugh: (clio with 5gtt engine)

So if anyone with the correct tools ...wideband(think thats what its called LOL) could come out to me that would be great!

Cheers

ScottGT
12-04-2009, 09:50
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

BUMP......HI BOB!

RICHIE
12-04-2009, 12:05
mabe some of these members are near you or could point you in the right direction mate http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=4 Location Kilwinning
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=56

Located in Bo'ness ,Scotland

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=75

scottish borders

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=823

kilwinning

Bass J
12-04-2009, 13:30
LOL hi scot :laugh:

And cheers richie ...ive pm'd miller before and he didnt get back to me lol . I will give the others a pm..welll the folk that are nearer myself :)

Bass J
12-04-2009, 13:49
Ive pm'd a few folk you have listed ...Cheers Richie :smokin:

Mudslinger
12-04-2009, 19:05
where abouts in glasgow are you ?

what about BillyG ?
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=80
i know hes a busy guy these days but might be close to you to offer advice/assitance to get it running .

the guy at warpspeed in ayrshire
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=374
would prob be a worth a call aswell if hes close to where you are ,

Bass J
12-04-2009, 19:47
im in the southside of glasgow ..clarkston ...i will pm them two ..thanks :)

dgdogz
12-04-2009, 22:09
hello mate
i got a mate who can probably help with the boost fuelling prob i think
ill ask him if your interested
i wish i could help but im thick as mince
hes owned a 5 before and does all th work on mine so knows his way about
:)

Bass J
13-04-2009, 12:03
Hi daryl ...if its wully ive asked him ...i think he's busy with just starting a new job. He is trying to get over to me but he has been mega busy. I have been told to pm Miller off here by a fair few folk ...so ive contacted him about it :smokin:

Thanks for all your help folks :cool:

Bass J
18-04-2009, 20:34
Bump for this ...ive tried all above ...most either dont know and have passed me millers name on ... aint heard from him ..i guess he's a busy guy :crap:

Still after someone helping me out ..ive got it running ..its just running rough :scared:

finsta
18-04-2009, 23:09
Bump for this ...ive tried all above ...most either dont know and have passed me millers name on ... aint heard from him ..i guess he's a busy guy :crap:

Still after someone helping me out ..ive got it running ..its just running rough :scared:

give http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=82 a pm. hes a good lad and maby be able to help you out.

Bass J
19-04-2009, 19:27
Niceone finsta ..ive pm'd him :cool: Hopefully he will have good news for me ...its getting that bad im considering on take it to AVA tunning .......shall i empty my wallet now :laugh::laugh:

Billy-G
19-04-2009, 20:00
I'll have a look when I get back in the UK if I can mate. Should be around again in a pair of weeks hopefully before I go back to South America.:agree:

Dizzy gear line up we can do on here though, assuming the cam timing hasn't been touched.

Fuelling, again, we could do that remotely but it is a lot more work.

Bass J
19-04-2009, 20:10
ok cheers billy ...i have a mate who's a renault mechanic who's coming round to sort the timing issues ... The carb was checked/setup by rob@backyard racing before he said it was at 13-14psi carb top ..which im told is standard. At least i can use some standard boost untill youre able to check it out :)

dgdogz
19-04-2009, 20:26
i wouldnt take it to ava mate
done my car....was told my the chap there 5's need to run rich so i like a fud beleived it and was tanning a full tank in 4 days.
ridiculous.

Rob@Backyardracing
19-04-2009, 22:44
ok cheers billy ...i have a mate who's a renault mechanic who's coming round to sort the timing issues ... The carb was checked/setup by rob@backyard racing before he said it was at 13-14psi carb top ..which im told is standard. At least i can use some standard boost untill youre able to check it out :)

OK....I checked this carb with a T2 in place at 14psi carb top on wins old GT which had a different fuel pump etc... i havnt touched the jets in anyway on on his 5 as it was ok... you have a t25 bare in mind but i would have thought at 1 bar you should be ok if you have good fuel pressure and so on.. :confused:

Rusty
19-04-2009, 23:22
done my car....was told my the chap there 5's need to run rich so i like a fud beleived it and was tanning a full tank in 4 days.
ridiculous.

You sure it wasn't your right foot that was a bit rich! :laugh:

Bass J
20-04-2009, 17:25
OK....I checked this carb with a T2 in place at 14psi carb top on wins old GT which had a different fuel pump etc... i havnt touched the jets in anyway on on his 5 as it was ok... you have a t25 bare in mind but i would have thought at 1 bar you should be ok if you have good fuel pressure and so on.. :confused:

ah ok no probs ...these things i will get checked out before taking it a blast i recon :laugh: dont wanna spoil all the work ive put into this conversion :ashamed: :smokin:

Mudslinger
20-04-2009, 18:23
ridiculous.

did ava actually alter your fueling,or did you just book it in for a power run ?
who was the chap that made that statement ? id be very surprised if Alan would come away with a statement like that :laugh:

Not to go on the defensive for AVA but if you have or had an issue shouldnt you have contacted Alan and let him know your problem before slaughtering them on here ?

Bass J
09-05-2009, 19:28
Anyone up for helping me?

My Mot's up soon for the clio. Ive pm'd all that you have suggested ..most pointed me to miller ..but he hasnt got back to me at all.

If someone could help me out that would be great. All thats left to do is setting up the boost and the fuelling ...i would do it myself but i aint too clue'd up on it if im honest.

Cheers

Billy-G
09-05-2009, 20:26
Someone help the guy out. I'm 4 thousand f'kin miles away and I'm trying to help the bloke via PM, but there is a limit to what you can do.

C'mon lads, as a club we're better than leaving a member in the lurch. Or at least, we used to be.

Someone has a spare afternoon, surely?

Bass J
11-05-2009, 20:24
haha cheers billy.

Still had no offers :(

Can someone help me out at all?

Surely there must be somebody:confused:

RICHIE
11-05-2009, 20:49
what about mr miller. surley he is able to help you out or link you up with someone who is able to help you.

Rusty
12-05-2009, 01:01
Anyone up for helping me?

My Mot's up soon for the clio. Ive pm'd all that you have suggested ..most pointed me to miller ..but he hasnt got back to me at all.

If someone could help me out that would be great. All thats left to do is setting up the boost and the fuelling ...i would do it myself but i aint too clue'd up on it if im honest.

Cheers

If it's only the boost and fuelling that needs setup then i would recommend AVA. I don't have the tools or knowledge to undertake this work so i've recently been to AVA to have the boost and fuelling setup, it cost £60.00 and my 5 is running sweet no problems whatsoever. Give them a call and be specific to the work you would like them to undertake, then make a decision.

Bass J
12-05-2009, 18:41
what about mr miller. surley he is able to help you out or link you up with someone who is able to help you.
Ive pm'd miller countless of times and had no reply from him :confused:.

I was thinking ava also as its a 25min drive from me ...ideally tho i want it running proper before it leaving my garage :scared:

Barr's Irn-Bru
13-05-2009, 00:06
Ive pm'd miller countless of times and had no reply from him :confused:.

I was thinking ava also as its a 25min drive from me ...ideally tho i want it running proper before it leaving my garage :scared:

Ok m8 I've not been on this site for a while.

What's the issue's your having with your set-up ?Pinking. running rough on idle, hesitation under powered ? Boost Gauge readings @ manifold or Carb top ? OE is taken from carb top (standard boost on a T2). Manifold or Carb base is more accurate in my opinion and varies quite a bit from carb top .
How much boost are you wanting run on your rover T25 ?

The dizzy's non adjustable unless you mod the bracket ;) so plug and play as they say.

Do you have a down pipe that can take an oxygen sensor first things first as the lc-1 is not so good in the rear silencer in my opinion .

Or you can dissconnect the actuater(so you don't run any boost) and drive it over to ava for a setup session on the rollers as it's the nearest rolling road to you .

I could've set this up for you no prob's any other time but i'm snowed under with work myself .

If your still having no joy by the time i'm back on here & have some time too spare , i'll hopefully be able to drive by yer neck of the woods & sort yer Gremlins.

G

Bass J
13-05-2009, 00:10
Thanks for the reply barrs irn bru . I have recieved a pm from miller just about 10mins ago. Ive gave him my number ... so hopefully should have it sorted soon. Thanks folks :):)