PDA

View Full Version : Brake problems

Saint AAI
06-04-2009, 08:17
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

When I came to bleeding the brakes a while back, I snapped a bleed nipple on one of the rear calipers. I attempted to get it out using an easy out and ended up shearing that off in the hole so decided to treat the car to some refurbed calipers. After fitting them I tried to bleed it again, but can't get anything to come out of the rear offside bleed nipple. Tried it using two people and using an easy bleed kit, but still nothing. With the nipple closed I can get a bit of pressure on the brake pedal and if I keep it pressed while undoing the nipple the pedal drops to the floor so I'm unsure why no fluid will come out. My rear bias valve looks like its seen better days, could this be the problem? Are these still available?

Any help greatly appreciated, Shane.

zinc
08-04-2009, 22:46
Have you jacked up the axle too, to simulate a load on the rear? I think some people use a cable tie to compress the spring.

I am having the same problem aswell - new caliper as the old one had a snapped nipple but now there is no fluid getting to the caliper brake line at all on that side, on the other side it's fine!

Saint AAI
09-04-2009, 06:37
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

No not tried that yet, will give it a go and see what happens. Think the bias valve may be stuck though, cars been stood for 4 years.

Alex
09-04-2009, 07:45
Cable tie the compensator to allow all the fluid to the rear callipers and keep bleeding.

When I changed all my callipers and master cylinder it did ages to get the rears bled up I must admit! :rolleyes: