PDA

View Full Version : sandwich plate-block union

Nayls
05-04-2009, 11:25
what is the thread size of the above part?

Thanks

Nayls
05-04-2009, 16:59
Anybody?

Scoff
05-04-2009, 17:24
M20, same as the filter, aint it ?

markey b
05-04-2009, 18:48
yeah, we had issues on my mates on.. thread on the adaptor bit was buggered and it would leak past the block and sandwich plate :(

i'd have a spare but i've had to use it on his engine. this os8472 has one however

Nayls
05-04-2009, 19:03
yeah, we had issues on my mates on.. thread on the adaptor bit was buggered and it would leak past the block and sandwich plate :(

i'd have a spare but i've had to use it on his engine. this os8472 has one however

did the sandwich plate move away from the block on your mates? or stay tight to the block & leak?

if you do mine up it get's to a point where a little more tightening makes it go loose again.
we tightened it to the point before it loosens & tried it but it just pushed the sandwich plate away from the block :(

J$£5GTT
06-04-2009, 23:08
did the sandwich plate move away from the block on your mates? or stay tight to the block & leak?

if you do mine up it get's to a point where a little more tightening makes it go loose again.
we tightened it to the point before it loosens & tried it but it just pushed the sandwich plate away from the block :(

is it the sandwich plate thats threaded or the actual widget that it goes
into..into the block?