PDA

View Full Version : What parts for clio turbo conversion on 5GTT

V Man
03-04-2009, 11:48
Ok I’m starting a new thread as I want a shopping list of the things I am going to need. I haven’t spend many hours reading up yet so excuse some ignorance please.
Plan is to turbocharge the 1.8 f7p engine I will soon be getting (thanks Backyard Rob) I may be B@45tardising this with the f7r engine?
I want to get it running not looking at any world records yet…
I have a Renault 5 gt turbo with a C1J and cossie cooler 4x4 front mount
A manifold for clio
An f7p engine.
A T28 turbo
I know I am going to have to lower the compression but what other bits will I need?
Ignition and fuelling wise (aftermarket ECU)- Standard Injectors ?
Exhaust and fuel stuff? High pressure fuel pump?
Engine mounts –strengthening etc
Shall I use the Volvo clutch with the gt box I have already?
Will I need any sensors and stuff on the engine got a bit of a learning curve?

:eek:

Bigfoot
03-04-2009, 12:15
Can get some parts off a renault 21 turbo

Map sensor (2 bar sensor I think) and injectors - max 1 bar, not sure on what injectors can take.

You need a one way valve for the braking
Clutch depends on power same with gearbox

R-Tuner or aftermarket ECU - Ive gone adaptronic like a few on here

What was discussing though which I might be having a problem with, hoping that scoff can answer, was going to post on adaptronic forum, can the adaptronic run sequential firing with a f7p flywheel? as this might be the cause of poor idle control as currently running batch. Will it make that much difference with idle between batch and sequential and will I be able to use that or would I have to go the route of either a trigger wheel or change flywheel or weld/cut the notches.

V Man
03-04-2009, 12:38
Cheers Dale :)
I think I will probably go adaptronic route I'm sure Scoff will recommend one, the sequential firing is a little out of my knowledge range but it's like anything new, you learn a lot when you start fettling.

I will have to raid Ashy and Mat C's (Deathtrap comment noted) lock up's for bits:cooter:

Woznaldo
03-04-2009, 21:30
I'd say there should be little to no difference to your idle between sequential and batch fire. I'd be looking else where, like for air leaks etc.;)

Scoff
03-04-2009, 22:57
Hi guys,

Batch fire won't cause poor running, and actually most efi car's from the 80's and 90's run batch. Dale you need a cam angle sensor to run sequential, might just be a mapping or icv issue you've got ? Or manifold air leaks, as woz mentions :)