PDA

View Full Version : to swap or not?

markey b
01-04-2009, 14:44
been offered a straight swap on my cabriolet for a local raider...

what to do?!?

2 x 5's or the ginger beast and something that i can drive everyday and not get emotionally attatched too as well lol

Luke M
01-04-2009, 14:47
swap and sell me the raider then.lol:D

Bigfoot
01-04-2009, 14:54
How can you not get emotionally attached to the scab :laugh:

Big Steve - Raider
01-04-2009, 17:28
Which cabriolet is this? This the white one? :scratch:

BriC
01-04-2009, 17:32
Whatever you do.. Sell me your 'ginger' one for a tenner?

Bigfoot
01-04-2009, 17:34
Which cabriolet is this? This the white one? :scratch:

He has a blue 19 16v cab

markey b
01-04-2009, 18:28
How can you not get emotionally attached to the scab :laugh:

how can you? i have a love hate relationship with it. its reliable as anything, takes a thrashing to work every day, but is only cool when the sun comes out, and is slow as arseholes even tho its the 'fastest' version lol

after having lots of previous 5's i was also upset when it came to tax it... lol

markey b
01-04-2009, 18:29
Whatever you do.. Sell me your 'ginger' one for a tenner?

which wheelnut would you like oliver? lol

Bigfoot
01-04-2009, 19:15
I think its the same really. definately a love hate, think it loves me at the moment, gave it its first clean since owning the vehicle over 18 months ago. Then realised why i didn't clean it, paint work looks rubbish :( its my shove anything in the car and lets go. Great for carting renault 5 parts about, even to go to the skip in. I enjoyed the 19 chamade I had but the convertible handles so much better than that car. Plus power is not really essential still keeps up with lots of cars but its just a daily driver for me, which has more rattles and knocks than my 5 has ever had. Still wondering what the lastest knock is. Think its an engine mount going now as well, plus springs needs sorting out at front. The car has stopped me getting into the engine bay too look though, guess its going to be a get that bonnet up somehow :) not that im posting it, and fill up with oil really, getting lowish.

markey b
01-04-2009, 19:43
mine is just a cheap work hack too, awesome for putting parts in because with the roof down there is no height limit, had it stacked full of GTT parts including both bumpers and complete kit lol.

just got a years mot on it too, so its a solid car, but it isn't a 5 so thats why i'm stuck lol

Bigfoot
01-04-2009, 20:15
mine is just a cheap work hack too, awesome for putting parts in because with the roof down there is no height limit, had it stacked full of GTT parts including both bumpers and complete kit lol.

just got a years mot on it too, so its a solid car, but it isn't a 5 so thats why i'm stuck lol

I prefer the FOC term, doubt I would pay for one of those cars :laugh: well wouldn't mind a chamade or the hatch next time round though. Good performance but its mainly for the space as its rather crap in a 5 really. Ive managed a bonnet in the back before. and also got two renault 5 seats in there, they only just fit in.

markey b
01-04-2009, 20:29
I prefer the FOC term, doubt I would pay for one of those cars :laugh: well wouldn't mind a chamade or the hatch next time round though. Good performance but its mainly for the space as its rather crap in a 5 really. Ive managed a bonnet in the back before. and also got two renault 5 seats in there, they only just fit in.

i've had a c1j bottom end in the boot, and the scratches on the opening as a reminder lol

Bigfoot
01-04-2009, 20:36
i've had a c1j bottom end in the boot, and the scratches on the opening as a reminder lol

How the hell did you manage to squeeze that in there :eek: i just about managed to put a small luggage bag in there for when I went over to germany.

markey b
02-04-2009, 00:53
by some awesome angles lol.
gettin my sub in was another story, had to cut down my box so it sits under the roof compartment lol

J$£5GTT
02-04-2009, 17:54
swap it for the raider before dale gets his paws on it an cuts it up...
:cooter:

Bigfoot
02-04-2009, 17:59
swap it for the raider before dale gets his paws on it an cuts it up...
:cooter:

:laugh: You cut up 1 raider and you get blamed for cutting them all up :cry:

J$£5GTT
02-04-2009, 18:01
:laugh: You cut up 1 raider and you get blamed for cutting them all up :cry:

your just mean that car still had a pulse!!!!

:cry:

Bigfoot
02-04-2009, 18:20
your just mean that car still had a pulse!!!!

:cry:

It still has, just millions of smaller pulses. Im spreading the Raider love around to all :smokin: