PDA

View Full Version : Torque settings

Adam L
01-04-2009, 11:59
I'm just after a general setting for the flywheel bolts as I gave my Haynes manual away when I sold my last 5.

And, if someone has the crank pulley one too, I suppose you could let me know, otherwise i'll just nip it up.

clee
01-04-2009, 12:17
45n for the flywheel bolts .Crank nut 180n but then I have a proper MANS engine :cooter:

Sparkie
01-04-2009, 12:42
flywheel bolts for the 5 are 50Nm off the top of my head. must use thread lock though!

Clee, when your MANS engine starts punching its weight the lowly C1J will rise to the challenge ;)

clee
01-04-2009, 13:01
There's style and grace to factor in as well ...it's not all about POWER :cool:

But .....How about we organise another THOR RR day for end April/beginning May ???
I need some figures :coffee:

stuTHC
01-04-2009, 13:03
flywheel bolts for the 5 are 50Nm off the top of my head. must use thread lock though!

Clee, when your MANS engine starts punching its weight the lowly C1J will rise to the challenge ;)

I had a passenger ride in the MANS engined car on Friday at Cadwell, it's punching it's weight, and then some, awesome machine :cool:

Sparkie
01-04-2009, 13:52
the GTA is a lovely car...although to be honest i still prefer the A310. -Pass me my medallion!

a RR day is definately needed, but what is the turn out likely to be?

there was one at Weston Performance a few years ago that went well.
But obviously the Thor ones are the ones to go for!

clee
01-04-2009, 14:00
Wackachow !!!Flock me !

We should arrange it as Ashy did for the Northallerton bash :agree:That filled up and it was the middle of Winter .
Put virtual deposit tickets in the shop, then when we have enough confirm the day with THOR ??

Sparkie
01-04-2009, 14:10
sounds like a plan MAN ;)

Adam L
01-04-2009, 15:36
I've done the flywheel bolts up to 50nm, so if they come undone, i've got your turbo, Mark:D

Sparkie
01-04-2009, 16:21
did i mention i usually do em up abit more?

Tiny Tim
01-04-2009, 16:28
I've done the flywheel bolts up to 50nm, so if they come undone, i've got your turbo, Mark:D

Get back to the Shire, Bilbo Adams

markey b
01-04-2009, 19:46
i've had a flywheel come loose before after doing them up ratchet tight lol... wasn't fun taking the box off just to fix a schoolboy error!

all important bolts get my impact gun treatment now lol

Adam L
01-04-2009, 22:41
Well, the car's back up and running with my new funky elbow and downpipe. The flywheel didn't fall off on the test run, but I did run out of fuel.

JRP
01-04-2009, 22:43
Well, the car's back up and running with my new funky elbow and downpipe. The flywheel didn't fall off on the test run, but I did run out of fuel.

wonder how long till you blow this one up

Adam L
01-04-2009, 22:46
I don't intend on blowing things up, it just happens...

It'll be on a trailer at Pod in May, then some track days I guess. I'm hoping my bad car karma goes on holiday for a while.

JRP
01-04-2009, 22:50
I don't intend on blowing things up, it just happens...

It'll be on a trailer at Pod in May, then some track days I guess. I'm hoping my bad car karma goes on holiday for a while.

Bad car karma, well just make sure there is oil in the gear box ehh... if it blows at pod ile buy it off you, i fancy that raider... that and one other are the only 2 id ever wanna own, MARKS SELL UP TO MEEEEEE MEEEE I TELLL YOU...

Lets hope that old trustys spirit has magicly jumped into ur 5

Adam L
01-04-2009, 22:54
I actually thought about selling it earlier, just as I got it running:D. It's probably exactly how Mart used have it now with the full cage in it along with a couple of other bits. It's nice to drive though, it gets a bit lively on boost. I kept popping the carb top off but that seems to be sorted now.

D4WNO
01-04-2009, 22:55
Don't you dare sell it, you've spent so much money/time getting it back to it's former self. Now it's time to finally enjoy it :)

JRP
01-04-2009, 22:57
Don't you dare sell it, you've spent so much money/time getting it back to it's former self. Now it's time to finally enjoy it :)

Shut up dawn!!!! :( Adam those thoughts of selling.... instalments? that ok ??? ile be round in the morning

Mart
01-04-2009, 22:57

:agree:

Will bring back happy memories seeing that car in action again :)

And anyway, if you are thinking of selling, remember who's got first offer/refusal on it ;) :D

Adam L
01-04-2009, 23:08
I tell ya what, Mart, i'll even let you have a spin in it if you're at the Pod day:D. I've only got to fit the charge cooler, as it's using an aly replacment intercooler at the moment to get it running and take it out on the road.

Also, I thought you'd given up waiting for the first refusal and bought Phil's motor to cradle:D

Jon, i'll think about it;)

JRP
01-04-2009, 23:10
I tell ya what, Mart, i'll even let you have a spin in it if you're at the Pod day:D. I've only got to fit the charge cooler, as it's using an aly replacment intercooler at the moment to get it running and take it out on the road.

Also, I thought you'd given up waiting for the first refusal and bought Phil's motor to cradle:D

Jon, i'll think about it;)

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ile get betting again to fund it :)... hold on i never stopped DOUBLE efforts:smokin::wasntme::laugh:

Adam L
01-04-2009, 23:13
It's not that interesting, but I was quite chuffed with my elbow, when I got it in the mail today

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/Adam-Turbo-Dev/downpipe1.jpg

And I had the ring gear changed on the flywheel, so I didn't have to get another one machined

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/Adam-Turbo-Dev/flywheel.jpg

JRP
01-04-2009, 23:18
Those pictures make me want another 5:)

Tiny Tim
02-04-2009, 08:34
Those pictures make me happy I havnt got a car I need to get filthy with :)