PDA

View Full Version : measuring Afr's and what it actually means

djinuk
01-04-2009, 07:34
ok i ordered a Lm2 kit a while ago with the intention of being able to monitor my afr's etc and mostly for a learning tool for myself. My question is once i can see my afrs, what do i interpret to be good/bad what figures am i aiming for etc. Or is there information somewhere else on the web which would better satisfy my query.

Andrew Cooke
01-04-2009, 08:17
ok i ordered a Lm2 kit a while ago with the intention of being able to monitor my afr's etc and mostly for a learning tool for myself. My question is once i can see my afrs, what do i interpret to be good/bad what figures am i aiming for etc. Or is there information somewhere else on the web which would better satisfy my query.

plenty of info here, plus the inovate forum is full of good stuff.

djinuk
01-04-2009, 09:22
Ive something in the article section, however the link contained is dead :(

Scoff
01-04-2009, 19:32
It's maybe easier to imagine a 3D plot in your mind - X and Y axis being load (manifold pressure) vs. RPM. The Z axis being the desired AFR. Different RPM's with different ammounts of load will want different AFR's. Generally you want to see 12:1 at wide open throttle in your turbo motor, maybe 12.8:1 at wide open throttle in your NA motor. It'll want to be much leaner than that in all other states by varying ammounts.

djinuk
01-04-2009, 22:43
Sweet thanks scoff , that makes some sence, so the car should be running at its richest at wot. Ive signed up to the Innovate forums, i look forward to learning more about it. Starting to think a rpm logger might of been ideal to purchase aswell.