PDA

View Full Version : wont start,no spark??

Mr 5
13-09-2008, 20:35
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

ok so i wired the wideband kit in today,started the car without the lambda plugged in,turned it off,let the exhaust cool,plumbed the lambda in,now it wont spark,

recently,as in less than 6months and 4ooomiles use,changed the coil pack and tdc,

changed the plugs today and even bought a new battery,still no go,its getting fuel ,

somebody shed some light on my predicament?? :(

Roach
13-09-2008, 20:58

If I was you start by checking all the obvious things like fuses and wiring.....

Check to see the coil pack is getting power.

Must be something silly if it was running.....

Roach
13-09-2008, 21:00

oh forgot to say unplug the lambda sensor and try.

Mr 5
13-09-2008, 22:42

its done this befor,just wouldnt start,assumed it as flooded or something then checked and no spark,

tried without the lamda in,still no fireworks,

how can i check the coil pack is getting power?

and also what fuse(s) and relay(s) should i be looking at??

looks like national day aint going to happen,only got tomorow to sort it,working all week :cry:

Rob@Backyardracing
14-09-2008, 01:46

i dout your wideband kit has out to do with the spark... can you check for voltage to the AEI or try sticking a plug in the king lead to see if there is a spark there...

Mr 5
14-09-2008, 08:42

unplugged probe and still nothing,i dont think it's related either,

as for putting a plug in,havent tried that,just put the king lead against a ground and tried to turn it over and it wouldnt spark,

all i can assume is that the AEI isnt geting juice or the TDC lead is acting up,

next,how can i check both are getting juice?

Mr 5
14-09-2008, 10:57

ok been out this morning, took all plugs off the AEI,removed it from the car,looked at.......put it back in the scuttle panel,plugged it in,punched it,and the car started and runs fine......

everything was plugged in properl etc befor removal,so what fixed it?

also noticed a oily liqued drip from the hose that plugs into the AEI,is that normal? please for the love of god say yes!

Roach
14-09-2008, 11:33

ok been out this morning, took all plugs off the AEI,removed it from the car,looked at.......put it back in the scuttle panel,plugged it in,punched it,and the car started and runs fine......

everything was plugged in properl etc befor removal,so what fixed it?

also noticed a oily liqued drip from the hose that plugs into the AEI,is that normal? please for the love of god say yes!

Obviously you have a doggie connection somewhere.......to the aei unit

Regarding the oilly liquid, the aei samples boost pressure to adjust timing (spark)

If its oilly I would say it means your boost hoses and breather system needs cleaning out.

As long as its not too bad should'nt cause too much of a problem but I would defo check the breather system and boost hoses....

Last thing if it is bad i.e everything is covered in a **** load of oil inside the boost hoses this "could" indicate that the bearing in your turbo is on its way out and it is passing oil....

anyway chill these little babies all have problems thats way we love'em so much..lol :smokin:

Mr 5
14-09-2008, 11:48
hmmm, so i guess the next step is fiddle with the wires and make sure there all well connected to the associated plug,

the oil thig,dont think its the turbo,fairly new, and looked through the boost hoses,the one that comes from the turbo is clen,as is the one that goes to the carb,so must have breasther issues,

as long as it runs il keep smiling :smokin: