PDA

View Full Version : starting problems

twinks16
31-03-2009, 18:00
im having problems starting R5 when i leave it standing for a few days, when i turn the key i can hear the starter motor clicking but no action. any ideas guys.

Junglist
31-03-2009, 19:15
Ive had same problem a few times been through 2 starter motors ,,bla bla

first thing check your battery or give it a good charge that may sort it /
check connections on your starter motor maybe replace the connectors.

on mine i beleave it clicks because of the ignition wires as the guy before me put in a switch start instead of the key and there are dodgy connectors ect in the dash/:sad2:

Markey Mark (BD)
31-03-2009, 19:18
Sounds like flat battery or dodgy starter to me, do you have to jump start the car to get it going?

tiff_lee
31-03-2009, 19:22
Sticky starter? you tried giving it a tap?

Junglist
31-03-2009, 19:27
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthrea...ighlight=click (http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthrea...ighlight=click)

this seams like an arse ache to me but worth a read

twinks16
31-03-2009, 22:07
cheers guys, well the guy who i bought mine off had a switch instead of the key so i will change it back and will charge or change the battery. as for the starter motor it is brand new. could the size of the stater motor cable make a difference because of the amount of current that is drawn form the battery. i do have to bump it first time but then it will start everytime.

RICHIE
31-03-2009, 22:52
cheers guys, well the guy who i bought mine off had a switch instead of the key so i will change it back and will charge or change the battery. as for the starter motor it is brand new. could the size of the stater motor cable make a difference because of the amount of current that is drawn form the battery. i do have to bump it first time but then it will start everytime.

it sounds more battery related. but also check the solonoid wire mate thats the spade end push fit connector a common one for failure

Adam L
01-04-2009, 00:35
Clicking sounds like the solenoid... An alternative could be to give the motor a good wack with a bar, however, it won't solve your problem,