PDA

View Full Version : what should I do?

stu21t
30-03-2009, 20:07
I want to sell my convertible
Note the word WANT not need so don't pm me silly offers

Basically I don't use it anymore, itsbeen parked in my garage for about 2 1/2yrs now and only been out about 3 times,
So as I have tooooo many cars/projects on the go I think the 5 has to go

BUT how do I sell it?
As it is, an unfinished project for less money and some1 else takes the glory?

Finish to how I want it, cost a fair few quid but will be worth more than it would cost me to do and I will get the satisfaction of finishing, but that means spending more time and money on it and I have to wait ages for the money cos I don't have time to finish it this side of summer when the cars worth the most

Finish it to a cheaper spec just to get it done

Or put it back to a STD bodykit and then finish it, this is my favorite as it would look best and appeal to a wider audience but will take the longest and cost the most.

What do you think is the best option and y?

Or do I put it on ebay with a reserve I'm happy to take now and then finish it if it doesn't sell?

Andrew Cooke
30-03-2009, 21:00
I say cut your losses, you don't want it now, you don't want it when it's done, you don't want to spend money or time that could be spent on stuff you want to do. I'm sure someone like Jesus would rip your arm off :laugh:

Chris Hebden
30-03-2009, 21:12
If its not costing you to store the car, keep going with it i say! Tis a waste at the moment as a lovely car shouldnt be hidden BUT saving up the money and enjoy working on it for a bit of profit seems a no brainer to me!

Ashy
30-03-2009, 21:16
I agree with Andy, if you've made your mind up to sell just get it advertised and see if it sells for what you want! If you don't get your price then keep it!

gtmatt
30-03-2009, 21:30
i know you have other projects but , i would keep it ,its all payed for .and i am sure it is a very very rare car ,just leave it as it is ,it is such a nice car:) could do with staying in the club , but i am sure you will get what you want for it ,theres about 4 in the uk ??

Penfold aka The Dealer
30-03-2009, 21:59
Best thing would be to give it away to me.... :agree:

Chris Hebden
30-03-2009, 22:00
Best thing would be to give it away to me.... :agree:

With your dodgy spraying :cooter:

Penfold aka The Dealer
30-03-2009, 22:02
With your dodgy spraying :cooter:

Nah if i had a rare car i would restore it regardless of cost to a mint/oe condition...

Cup car is just for fun and track, its all about the cheap paint job. :D

stu21t
30-03-2009, 22:08
enjoy working on it??? Are you mad? LOL

I want the money to spend on new projects/house so obviously want the most I can get for it, I think I will earn back more than I will spend finishing it, and I want to see it through but just unsure if it's worth it?

I will get more money and it will b an easier sale to put it back to a STD bodykit but still don't know what's it's really worth or even if it will sell in these times

stu21t
30-03-2009, 22:10
Nah if i had a rare car i would restore it regardless of cost to a mint/oe condition...

Cup car is just for fun and track, its all about the cheap paint job. :D

What's your idea of a cheap spray job? I got 3 cars I want doing LOL

JRP
31-03-2009, 00:30
stu, did my gear box end up on the convertable?

I wouldnt sell up that car is a very tidy motor. I tell you what if you want space leave it at mine, i have room.... ile only drive it on the odd occasion :) offers open :)

jesus in the seat of a 5
31-03-2009, 05:56
I say cut your losses, you don't want it now, you don't want it when it's done, you don't want to spend money or time that could be spent on stuff you want to do. I'm sure someone like Jesus would rip your arm off :laugh:

:laugh:...well i was gonna say....:p..:agree: but theres no more room..:laugh:

5teve L
31-03-2009, 09:13
:laugh:...well i was gonna say....:p..:agree: but theres no more room..:laugh:

Sell me the ph 1 jeez ;):D

stu21t
31-03-2009, 09:47
stu, did my gear box end up on the convertable?

I wouldnt sell up that car is a very tidy motor. I tell you what if you want space leave it at mine, i have room.... ile only drive it on the odd occasion :) offers open :)

I don't remember m8, it's had about 3 or 4 boxes in it over the years LOL

I'm selling as I'd rather have a nice chunk of cash instead of another car parked up at my house not being used, there's already 5 of them LOL