PDA

View Full Version : Front Seat Stripping

Chris Hebden
29-03-2009, 19:38
How do you remove the back rest of the front seats? Got everything else off but cant get the back rest off? Any help appreciated?

J$£5GTT
29-03-2009, 20:32
How do you remove the back rest of the front seats? Got everything else off but cant get the back rest off? Any help appreciated?

you mean the headrest...or the main part of the seat material?
:scratch:

Chris Hebden
30-03-2009, 10:06
you mean the headrest...or the main part of the seat material?
:scratch:

No not the headrest buddy, the main part of the seat. The bit your back rests on

phase i 16 v turbo
30-03-2009, 10:36
I am about to strip my Raider seats down and make one good one so I will let you know if I can get out of the house!

Chris Hebden
30-03-2009, 13:09
I am about to strip my Raider seats down and make one good one so I will let you know if I can get out of the house!

Mike that would be handy mate, with some pics if you can ;)!

mr bean aka pete
30-03-2009, 13:48
heya chris

the seat is held together buy metal rings all over the seat turn the seat upside down and unclip the elastic for the back material :) i also found it easyier to remove the side boulsters , and i have ur brake clip thingy also mate :)

Chris Hebden
30-03-2009, 13:58
heya chris

the seat is held together buy metal rings all over the seat turn the seat upside down and unclip the elastic for the back material :) i also found it easyier to remove the side boulsters , and i have ur brake clip thingy also mate :)

How goes Pete! Thanks for the clip buddy, i'll drop that perc sensor back round yours soon!

As for the seat, the bolsters are off, the bum cushion is off just cant get my head around the back thingamajig

mr bean aka pete
30-03-2009, 14:10
if you want a hand with the seat pop it round we have a look together if you want :) dont forget to take the headrest mounts out also as the hole lot slides up and over the top of the seat like a t-shirt ;) but its held down with metal clips called hog rings all over the seat

phase i 16 v turbo
31-03-2009, 10:39
Didn't get a chance to start yesterday. Weather isn't looking too good. Will have to wait and see what happens. Keep posting if you get it done!