PDA

View Full Version : My 5 still on the road, Get in there!

Judder
28-03-2009, 20:02
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi there,

My R5 GTT has just got its MOT, it needed both sills done and a ball joint. I have owned this car since 1998 and now have 188K on the clock. All I wanted to say is that over the years I have had an RS Focus, Focus ST, Clio 182 but nothing compares to the fun and games of my old GT turbo!

I keep looking out for standard minters because one day my 5 will pack in but I don't see many around. I did see one 6 month back on piston heads, a white one but he wanted over £5K for it.

There is one for sell at £7.5K, but I'm sure that is wishful thinking....

Please let me know if you see any standard mint 5's around.

Cheers

DaveMayGTT
28-03-2009, 22:15
Good job on the MOT mate and nice to see someone really cherish a 5 and not go through loads of them. Thats a nice list of cars you have had too, good to hear the 5 tops all of them.

michael tierney
28-03-2009, 22:20
have to agree,i've had mine since 1995 and still would'nt change it!but i have to say theres alot out there that would break their 5 if the sills were rotton:crap:

djinuk
28-03-2009, 22:47
have to agree,i've had mine since 1995 and still would'nt change it!but i have to say theres alot out there that would break their 5 if the sills were rotton:crap:

Seems common that folks are scared to get there hands dirty, if a car needs welding/painting , or a gearbox/headgasket it seems they often get broke. My problem is i feel if i break a car its another old cool car off the road, and out come another 10 modern corsas to take its place.