PDA

View Full Version : group A carb

Mike_R5GTT
28-03-2009, 13:03
just a quick question im going to be getting my car rolling roaded in a week and was just woundering if the mixture is adjustable on the group a carb as i got it set up before, the bloke who is gonna do it this time is unsure if it adjustable with out re jeting it, any one got any ideas:)

Markey Mark (BD)
28-03-2009, 13:14
just a quick question im going to be getting my car rolling roaded in a week and was just woundering if the mixture is adjustable on the group a carb as i got it set up before, the bloke who is gonna do it this time is unsure if it adjustable with out re jeting it, any one got any ideas:)

The only way to adjust the fueling on the carb is to re-jet it, grp A or standard, the mixture screw is there to adjust the mixture on idle.

Mike_R5GTT
28-03-2009, 13:19
ok then, coz when i got it rolling roaded before i had it at 14psi and he checked the fuel and said he adjusted it

Markey Mark (BD)
28-03-2009, 13:30
How much boost you wanting to run now? 14psi doesn't require much done to the carb to fuel it correctly, really doesn't need a large venturi carb either.

Mike_R5GTT
28-03-2009, 13:40
im wanting to run it at 17psi

Markey Mark (BD)
28-03-2009, 13:48
If it was set for 14pi before it will need alittle fiddling with to run 17psi safely

Mike_R5GTT
28-03-2009, 13:55
ok then i will have to wait and see when i gt it r and r

Blick
28-03-2009, 13:59
while your on the subject..... ;)
just this 2nd taken my carb of to check the size of the jets etc and service my carb, when i bought my car a few yrs back i was told it had a group a carb and have a bill for ep motorsport doin the work. back then it had a t2, now it has a t25 and i want to atleast run 18-20 psi :agree:

am i right in thinkin i will need a 90 air corrector + 150 main jet maybe???
how do i know what has been changed or modded on my carb???
taken my jet out and that says solex 120 so guess that is standard?
is the venturi the bored out part on the top of my pic? :scratch:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/blick_001/DSC00628.jpg

Markey Mark (BD)
28-03-2009, 14:05
while your on the subject..... ;)
just this 2nd taken my carb of to check the size of the jets etc and service my carb, when i bought my car a few yrs back i was told it had a group a carb and have a bill for ep motorsport doin the work. back then it had a t2, now it has a t25 and i want to atleast run 18-20 psi :agree:

am i right in thinkin i will need a 90 air corrector + 150 main jet maybe???
how do i know what has been changed or modded on my carb???
taken my jet out and that says solex 120 so guess that is standard?
is the venturi the bored out part on the top of my pic? :scratch:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/blick_001/DSC00628.jpg

150 main jet and a 0.9 air corrector is not the way to go mate, you don't want anything bigger than a 130 main jet and thats even if you need that.
The main jet will have 120 stamped on it as it prob is a standard jet drilled out, what you want to be checking also is if the 2nd enrichment jet has been drilled out to fuel for more boost.

There's a good article on here showing you where everything is and what is does, is worth a read before you start changing jets ;)

Blick
28-03-2009, 14:16
150 main jet and a 0.9 air corrector is not the way to go mate, you don't want anything bigger than a 130 main jet and thats even if you need that.
The main jet will have 120 stamped on it as it prob is a standard jet drilled out, what you want to be checking also is if the 2nd enrichment jet has been drilled out to fuel for more boost.

There's a good article on here showing you where everything is and what is does, is worth a read before you start changing jets ;)

yeah ive been having a quick look.... really dunno what to do 4 the best now. :laugh:
i`ll have a good read and see if i can work it out. :agree:

Markey Mark (BD)
28-03-2009, 14:19
Its easier to start with a standard venturi carb then play with the larger venturi one, either find another carb or replace the one in your existing carb so it turns it back to standard.