PDA

View Full Version : Setting Car Stereo Sound levels

Chris Hebden
13-09-2008, 17:07
What do all these different options mean? I cant seem to adjust the sound levels quite right at the min to get the best quality! Any ideas?

Bozl1n
14-09-2008, 07:50
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Turn down to zero all gains and input leval adjusters on all signal prossesors and source units.

Useing a high quality recording (a bass mekanik disc works well) increase the volume on the head unit intill you begin to hear distortion. Reduce the volume 1 setting below that distortion.

Typicaly you then wind up the gain on the amp till the same again happens, which u then set at just under that distortion.

If you have signal prossesors you work from the head unit along the line in order.

Typicaly with a line driver you should easily achive max volume with the amp gain on 0.

Just remember no matter how tempted, a gain control IS NOT a volume control

tonesGTT
14-09-2008, 09:35
Easy. Loudness 'On' Bass at '4' and Treble at '6'

;) :p :D

Spooky
15-09-2008, 09:50
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Depends on the type of music you like lol

Grunge
15-09-2008, 11:47
Make sure you have ran in the speakers/subs first you dont wanna be doing this from new. Also when its set up when you firs get in the car have the music down low and let it all warm up b4 you give it all =]

BriC
15-09-2008, 11:53
Bedding in? Warming up? They're speakers.. Not an engine!

Grunge
15-09-2008, 12:33
=] you still dont wanna blow them up. My boot build owes me more than my car =D.. When its in

BriC
15-09-2008, 12:35
Lol, Vibe whore.

Chris Hebden
15-09-2008, 14:01
Thanks for the responses! I have changed all the speakers, put in a sub and an amp. I tried the turn everything down and then up untill i get distorsion but i never managed to reach this level!

What volume setting should i have this on to do this correctly? Cheers

Grunge
15-09-2008, 14:42
Lol, Vibe whore.

=D

Thanks for the responses! I have changed all the speakers, put in a sub and an amp. I tried the turn everything down and then up untill i get distorsion but i never managed to reach this level!

Erm i wouldnt no to be honest i get other people to do it for me.

DaveAVT
15-09-2008, 17:34

You might not have a head unit that audibly clips, or the signal on the disc your playing isnt high enough to induce clip.

Just set the amps to 75% gain, and work from there.