PDA

View Full Version : Gona pull my finger out

Rob xcar
27-03-2009, 11:13
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I have finally decided that this is the year for me to pull my finger out and start to rebuild both of my 11 turbo's . the first will be put back to almost original condition I hope even down to the stereo and the second with be balls out with a full monte carlo kit and hopefully if I can get it at the right money a gordini engine.

below are acouple of pics from my 11 turbo addictions hope they prove of interest and I will post updates when I start.:scratch:

The blue car started life as a 1.4 gtl and was converted to full phase 2 turbo inc new front and rear panels. that was until it was rolled thanks to black ice and a country lane .:sad:

The red one I have had for about 16 years and has served me well so its time to rebuild again.

jack joy
04-04-2009, 11:08
Hi Rob,your red 11 turbo,looks great! I'm in the same situation with my 11s,so if there's any odd little bits you need along the way,let me know and i'll have a rummage;)

Andrew Cooke
04-04-2009, 11:35
there's a bit more space in the 11 for a Gordini engine, but I'd go for something more modern, 172 engine might fit under the standard bonnet? If not a valver or similar will.

Rob xcar
04-04-2009, 18:09

Well as far as engines go both thise suggestion sound good but I think I have a better idea.. Because its going to have the monte carlo kit I been toying with the idea of v6 turbo rear wheel drive ...

Hi jack. thanks for the offer of parts if I do I will give you a shout. How did you get on with the loom I sent mate.

Andrew Cooke
04-04-2009, 18:31

Well as far as engines go both thise suggestion sound good but I think I have a better idea.. Because its going to have the monte carlo kit I been toying with the idea of v6 turbo rear wheel drive ...

Hi jack. thanks for the offer of parts if I do I will give you a shout. How did you get on with the loom I sent mate.

I've been waiting for someone to put the front end of an R21T into the back of something..

Sparkie
04-04-2009, 20:51
i once went to see a real shed of a turbo 2, with bulkhead mods to fit the 21turbo engine in...