PDA

View Full Version : Front door speakers

Rob@Backyardracing
26-03-2009, 22:21
Ok, i havnt a clue on this stuff, but whats a good allround front door speaker for the GT with decent sound and volume? without having them tweeters all over dash etc...

MR TURBO
26-03-2009, 22:32
Ok, i havnt a clue on this stuff, but whats a good allround front door speaker for the GT with decent sound and volume? without having them tweeters all over dash etc...

Same thing i'm looking at as i have no rears it has to be 3 ways but don't know which ones fit under the standard speaker covers:scratch:

phase i 16 v turbo
27-03-2009, 11:51
Not sure if these will help, but took them out of a car I brought recently. Custom made door cards.

MR TURBO
27-03-2009, 12:02
How much u want for them?? I want some speakers too

Chris Hebden
27-03-2009, 12:29
I use 16.5mm components all around, fronts are mounted with home made mounts and the rears are mounted on a stealth shelf

GTphil
27-03-2009, 13:05
I have audiobarn door speakers in the front of my five the standard grill still fits over and they are quality!:cool: bit pricy tho! i think i paid about £200 quid for both can't remember exactly as it was a long time ago.

Regards
Phil

My Driving School (http://www.philwale.co.uk)

BluntyR5GTT
05-12-2010, 16:25
im after some good front door speakers for my gtt want them to sit where standard ones went, pref be good for mid and bass as its a bit tinny atm

GT TURBO BEN
21-02-2012, 11:17
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Not sure if these will help, but took them out of a car I brought recently. Custom made door cards.

these used to be my door pods they took me ages to get right yay i found my old car loving it are they still around being used by anyone

linni
03-03-2012, 10:19
iirc standard front speakers are about 16cm
may have to make up some mounting rings for them though due to windows fouling the magnets and stopping them going all the way down:agree:

also dont forget you will only see the output power of the headunit from the speakers probably about 50w
unless you get a 2channel component amp or similar to power them