PDA

View Full Version : starter relay

Junglist
26-03-2009, 18:26
Hi all ive got the old click click thing going on with my starter i read in a tread that if i change the relay and some wires and connectors it might sort it.
i have a new high output starter and new flywheel so ruled them out.

question is where is the relay on my phase 2.:confused:

also if anyone knows the part number for the front tow eye cover im gonna pop down renault this weekend see if they have any, doubt it like but might aswell cross Germany off the list.

Scoff
26-03-2009, 18:31
Hi, there is no relay for the starter solenoid, it is wired straight from the ignition barrell to the terminal on the starter (white wire).

Scoff
26-03-2009, 18:32
It is possible that there is a poor connection somewhere causing low volts on the solenoid - try taking 12v from the battery + straight to the spade connector on the starter and see if it cranks over.

Junglist
26-03-2009, 18:33
Hi, there is no relay for the starter solenoid, it is wired straight from the ignition barrell to the terminal on the starter (white wire).

thats prob why i cant find it then , cheers
; Dan:ashamed:

Junglist
26-03-2009, 18:45
It is possible that there is a poor connection somewhere causing low volts on the solenoid - try taking 12v from the battery + straight to the spade connector on the starter and see if it cranks over.

the guy befor me done away with the barrel n key and put in a switch starter so maybe summit to with that ,

the wizzard says it might have summit to with the starter heat sheild being missing /??

Junglist
26-03-2009, 19:04
i take it this is saying add a relay
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4724&highlight=click
anyone done this ?

Brigsy
26-03-2009, 19:09
I added a 30 amp 4 pin relay to cure duff wiring years ago on my gtt, worked fine:)