PDA

View Full Version : sparking

Junglist
25-03-2009, 19:03
Just found out why it says in the the haynes manual before almost every section "disconect positive termenal"

i was unbolting the downpipe from top through the bay with a long ratchet extension when pop and big sparks lol s#it myself :eek:

ps changing the exhaust sounds easy but add some rust a couple of seized nuts and the peices not coming apart also not having the proper tools. it makes me f#ckin flip i was raging today.
Then the two pieces of the sidey i was putting on wouldnt go together, so ill sleep on it and try again tomorrow, before i get the hammer out :mad:

Big Steve - Raider
25-03-2009, 19:07
Welcome to the club!!!

Same thing happened to me a few years ago!! :laugh: :laugh: :wasntme:

Sure do get a good quality spark from it!! :laugh: :sad:

Gttnutter
25-03-2009, 19:13
yep i deep fryed the starter wire knocking the downpipe on it on my old tungy

LESSION LEARNT :laugh:

Junglist
25-03-2009, 19:29
Actually it was in the stater area ,not tryed to start it since, think ill have a look in the morning :confused:

Gttnutter
25-03-2009, 19:42
Actually it was in the stater area ,not tryed to start it since, think ill have a look in the morning :confused:

just check the wires down there before you crank it over

i melted the conection on the battery terminal so check them too

Junglist
25-03-2009, 20:10
cheers

Junglist
25-03-2009, 20:31
Quick one

sure someone will know this ,

the springs on the two bolts that connect the down pipe are these supposed to be done up tight like with the springs compressed ? or do i need to leave a bit of spring in them?
cheers

MR TURBO
25-03-2009, 20:32
Quick one

sure someone will know this ,

the springs on the two bolts that connect the down pipe are these supposed to be done up tight like with the springs compressed ? or do i need to leave a bit of spring in them?
cheers

I'd leave a little spring but make sure joins are sealed

Junglist
25-03-2009, 20:36
[quote=MR TURBO;55155]I'd leave a little spring but make sure joins are sealed[/quote

ok thanks
when i took my old exhaust off there was an O ring like a seal or gasket at the down pipe should i whack it back in when i fit my sidey