PDA

View Full Version : fag lighter wiring nightmare

djinuk
25-03-2009, 16:16
well my r5 has had butchered wiring from the very beginning. Now i could really do with my fag lighter working. Just wondering if somebody could run me through what wire's should go to it, if i remmber right it currently has two wires, one white and one white and black. These in turn connect onto a black/red wire. Any ideas what is going on here.

MR TURBO
25-03-2009, 16:36
well my r5 has had butchered wiring from the very beginning. Now i could really do with my fag lighter working. Just wondering if somebody could run me through what wire's should go to it, if i remmber right it currently has two wires, one white and one white and black. These in turn connect onto a black/red wire. Any ideas what is going on here.

Don't u have a haynes??

TNT Tricky Nicky
25-03-2009, 16:40
Don't u have a haynes??

probably won't help if someone has already butchered the wiring, it on the same fuse as a couple of other thing so if they're working it could just be a dodgy lighter plug which can be changed easily

MR TURBO
25-03-2009, 16:47
probably won't help if someone has already butchered the wiring, it on the same fuse as a couple of other thing so if they're working it could just be a dodgy lighter plug which can be changed easily

If i were you i'd grab a haynes and rewire back to how the factory had it....Obviously you'll have to be able to understand the wiring diagrams i'm at work now but maybe able to help ya a bit more when i get home ;)

MR TURBO
25-03-2009, 18:40
just looking in the manual and you are supposed to have three wire coming off the lighter 2 joined together and one on its own....in here they are supposed to be 2 black and a yellow...if i remember correctly there should be a plastic clip on the end that goes to a pin behind the lighter.....A multimeter might help you out also if you have one ;)

Junglist
25-03-2009, 18:48
when i put my fag lighter in it blows the wiper fuse and another ,, try not to use it now lol:scratch:

TNT Tricky Nicky
25-03-2009, 21:41
One of the three would be illumination so having just the two isn't a problem. Your best bet is to trace back the wiring which is there and make sure it's been done properly also try and find the original wiring and work out why it's not being used.

djinuk
25-03-2009, 22:20
sweet thanks folks, ill delve into this at the weekend and let you know my findings. The cars wiring is so butchured, i could do with it for the satnav you see.

Junglist
26-03-2009, 08:46
buy a map its alot easier

Trevhib
26-03-2009, 12:49
buy a map its alot easier

:agree: and usually a more effective tool for finding your way somewhere

Still, there's lots of other good uses for a working fag lighter socket. Incidentally, these don't include smoking.