PDA

View Full Version : How long.

Harrison01
24-03-2009, 16:15
How long do you have to declare your criminal record for when applying for house insurance etc.

Frix
24-03-2009, 16:24
When you are convicted of a crime, whatever your age, it is recorded on your legal records. You become obliged to declare this conviction when you’re applying for a job, a new home, insurance, or a credit card. After a certain amount of time (also called the ‘rehabilitation period’), you are no longer required to declare this conviction. The period depends on the type of sentence you were served; a jail period of more than two and a half years is never considered ‘spent’, but if you received a fine, community or probation order, this becomes ‘spent’ after five years.

Alastair
24-03-2009, 17:28
Google rehabilitation of offenders act:agree:

Harrison01
24-03-2009, 18:23
so when i was sentenced to 2 1/2 yrs and served 13 months when will this become 'spent'

When you are convicted of a crime, whatever your age, it is recorded on your legal records. You become obliged to declare this conviction when you’re applying for a job, a new home, insurance, or a credit card. After a certain amount of time (also called the ‘rehabilitation period’), you are no longer required to declare this conviction. The period depends on the type of sentence you were served; a jail period of more than two and a half years is never considered ‘spent’, but if you received a fine, community or probation order, this becomes ‘spent’ after five years.

phase i 16 v turbo
24-03-2009, 18:29
Some jobs require a CRB check (working with children etc) and this diggs up most things from the past.

Penfold aka The Dealer
24-03-2009, 18:35
Some jobs require a CRB check (working with children etc) and this diggs up most things from the past.

:agree: That is correct, i have 4 active CRB's atm, the 1st 1 even showed when i was pulled over by a police man at given a Driving Order thing.. kinda like an asbo.. if they saw my car driven in a unsafe manor/loud music etc etc they could take it away & crush it etc...