PDA

View Full Version : I'm a chimp!

TrixNFlix
23-03-2009, 09:01
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Well I am officially an idiot. While putting my engine back together managed to snap the banjo bolt that goes from the turbo oil feed into the bottom end. Then as if I hadn't learnt my lesson I snaped the pinking sensor in the head, with the thread staying in the head! Is this easy to extract? Any ideas were to find the banjo bolt? Is it a universal fitment?

Sparkie
23-03-2009, 09:42
leave the remanents of the pinking detector in there as reminder not to be such a Jonny Concrete. Just disconnect it from the AEI. next you'll be snapping off the one way valves in the back of the manifold....:laugh:
Less use of 'The Force' is needed...

the banjo bolt is exactly the same as the ones use on the turbo water feed....so if you have an old knackered turbo, you need that 19mm spanner... ;)

TrixNFlix
23-03-2009, 10:26

Cheers for the quick response sparkie! I will not be touching the one way valves:D will I be ok without the pinking sensor? Better get that old turbo out :)

Sparkie
23-03-2009, 10:47

will I be ok without the pinking sensor?

yes.

TrixNFlix
23-03-2009, 11:28
Cheers sparkie! :)

Trevhib
23-03-2009, 12:47
the banjo bolt is exactly the same as the ones use on the turbo water feed....so if you have an old knackered turbo, you need that 19mm spanner... ;)

Oooh, top stuff :agree: