PDA

View Full Version : Over fueling at idle.

Nick k
21-03-2009, 08:24
I have a problem where the carb is overfueling when at idle. (Solex 32 DIS) Its been stripped and i have found anything to cause it. Its boosts fine but not happy at idle. The mixture screw is ok, idle jet is ok. All diaphams are in one piece, I have no history on this carb so dont know whats been do to it in the past! What sets the amount of air/fuel at idle in the carb? is it just the mixture screw and idle jet?? If you apply choke when its cold is pretty much floods the engine when half way out. :( Idea's please.

Andrew Cooke
21-03-2009, 08:29
sounds like you need to check for leaks. Remove the carb elbow and with the engine idling look down into the carb - you may need a torch. Look for fuel coming from anywhere (most likely from where the pump jet nozzle attaches to the body, or from the centre of the aux venturi). At idle you shouldn't be able to see fuel as it enters through a small port down by the butterfly.

Nick k
21-03-2009, 08:39
Cheers Andy. I'll have a nose later. :agree:

Mart
21-03-2009, 09:48
As Andy says, if you do see fuel dripping onto the throttle plate, suspect the needle valve, fibre/rubber seal on the accelerator pump jet, or something skew whiff in the enrichment block.

Nick k
21-03-2009, 18:55
Washer with the hole in that lives behind the enrichment spring was missing, hence no tension on enrichment diapham :( Did wonder why it used 3/4 of a tank of fuel in 120 miles :D Sorted now :agree: Cheers.

Sparkie
21-03-2009, 18:55
make sure no one has drilled out the idle jet to a 50....

oops beat me too it!