PDA

View Full Version : Clutch pedal worn through carpet

gttjames
19-03-2009, 20:03
I no this is common on the 5's, whats everyones fix? other than replacing the whole carpet, iv got a floor matt over it but even that is wearing through to the point where the pedal is sticking in the whole, there must be some sort of fix that i havnt thought of

soapymech
19-03-2009, 20:14
I no this is common on the 5's, whats everyones fix? other than replacing the whole carpet, iv got a floor matt over it but even that is wearing through to the point where the pedal is sticking in the whole, there must be some sort of fix that i havnt thought of

cut a small piece off the rear of carpet(the bit that is under rear seat) then glue in then brush over:niceone:

gttjames
19-03-2009, 21:12
really, reckon it ill hold alrite? brush over with what? thanks

soapymech
19-03-2009, 21:25
really, reckon it ill hold alrite? brush over with what? thanks

what i did not too long ago was take out carpet cut pieces from rear cut the holes squre lay carpet upside down spray glue around area then tape over turn carpet over place pieces in hole then brush over looks good

Junglist
20-03-2009, 19:35
i just keep buying new mats lol

raj
20-03-2009, 19:42
the thing is, what causes this to happen? stretched cables or..??

gttjames
20-03-2009, 20:16
i duno? cant be stretched cable, fitted a brand new oe renault one, and a new clutch to. It would be better if there was some sort of stop like you see on modern cars