PDA

View Full Version : Oil cooler help...

Leigh
17-03-2009, 14:56
Might be a stupid one, but got a aftermarket Mocal oil cooler with the sandwich plate etc... But what do i do with the original oil cooler pipework ? Is it safe just to block it off and where do i block if off from. Would look but dont get to look at car till tomorrow night and wanted to plan ahead (for once) :D

Thanks Leigh.

Tiny Tim
17-03-2009, 15:07
Have you not got the oil lines with the Mocal kit?

You'll need some for a start as i'm pretty sure the OE rubber hose connectors are a different fitting to the Mocal ones. If you dont want to fork out a huge amount on Mocal lines, take your Mocal cooler and sandwich plate down to your nearest Pirtek and get some made up... or try Hose Solutions.

Leigh
17-03-2009, 15:27
Have you not got the oil lines with the Mocal kit?

Yeah got lines in the Mocal kit. Just need to know what i do with the old lines and holes in the rad etc... :cool:

James5
17-03-2009, 15:31
Remove the old oil pipes and original sandwich plate and dump in the shed with regards to the rad holes you can either leave them open to the elements (may drop oil for a little while) or get some bolts in that fit to seal it up

Tiny Tim
17-03-2009, 16:08
Remove the old oil pipes and original sandwich plate and dump in the shed with regards to the rad holes you can either leave them open to the elements (may drop oil for a little while) or get some bolts in that fit to seal it up

What he said.

Go for bolts, it'll stop the residual oil dripping all over your dirty engine bay.

Leigh
17-03-2009, 16:36

Spot on sir, thanks. Will put bolts in the holes stop everything getting mucky :laugh:

Brizza
09-09-2011, 14:25
Can you not use both std oil cooler and the mocal one in tandem?