PDA

View Full Version : starlet drive

mad murdoch
16-03-2009, 19:01
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

drove a starlet glanza turbo today,i hate to say it but i definately do like them,i hated them b4 because i thought it was a rubbish new immatation of the 5gt,they drive nicer than the 5gt but it is missing something that the renault has but i cant pin point what it is??,i drove mine after and thought,,i want the starlet again,maybe its because iv had my 5gt for 9 years now and i had two before this presant one,so i guess its the norm to like another car when u had yours for so long,,,:scratch:

sphinX
16-03-2009, 19:10
Well yea I drive my cousins starlet and my 5 quite a bit (yes insured on both) and I do like the starlet, his holds the road better than mine does, but I guess that's because my rear tyres are shot. But anyway, power steering and abs is nice to have in them. But I just don't think they are raw enough if you know what I mean. The R5 just has this thing about it when you are driving it...its just addictive, whereas the starlet doesn't put a smile on my face the same way my 5 does. Can't fault them though :agree:

5alldaway
16-03-2009, 19:28
starlets are good, but uncool

the 5 is good and very cool

sphinX
16-03-2009, 19:29
starlets are good, but uncool

the 5 is good and very cool

:agree:

Blick
16-03-2009, 22:09

they drive nicer than the 5gt but it is missing something that the renault has but i cant pin point what it is??

style :cool:

Kris M
16-03-2009, 22:35
a certain " juno se qua" ;)

raj
16-03-2009, 22:57
the 5s are simply retro kool.
it doesnt have non of this new age electronic stuff:agree:
its a simple "hands on/get stuck in there car':agree: rather than a "plug it upto a diagnostics kit"car:disagree:.
its definately not the fastest car on the block but for how old the c1j engine design is,it still to this day shows alot of modern cars up!:agree:

MR TURBO
16-03-2009, 23:00
the 5s are simply retro kool.
it doesnt have non of this new age electronic stuff:agree:
its a simple "hands on/get stuck in there car':agree: rather than a "plug it upto a diagnostics kit"car:disagree:.
its definately not the fastest car on the block but for how old the c1j engine design is,it still to this day shows alot of modern cars up!:agree:

I love the :eek::eek: look when leaving em behind.....and the quiet mutters of appreciation :laugh::laugh:

mad murdoch
17-03-2009, 08:23

yea i see what you guys mean about the age diffrence between the too cars,funny how they run silly bhp, i mean 300bhp and above,and the renaults dont run no wher near that power but is easily faster on a sprint,weird????,both good cars tho,but the renault always come on top for me,unless its a 3dr sierra rs cosworth,he he he:agree::laugh:

Tiny Tim
17-03-2009, 08:25
De ja vu.

Didnt we have this thread a few weeks back?

mad murdoch
18-03-2009, 17:21

we did have a a similier thread a while back,but what i am saying is that i had the chance to drive one,and now im sharing my thoughts about the too cars.

ollyhock
25-04-2009, 18:42
i out spun a glanza quite easily in my gtt, granted it was quick, just not quick enough:)

J$£5GTT
27-04-2009, 22:27
i out spun a glanza quite easily in my gtt, granted it was quick, just not quick enough:)

darn boy racers

:smokin: