PDA

View Full Version : Congrats and a big thank you

olidaviesuk
16-03-2009, 12:00
Anyone who wasn't at Brands yesterday missed Dave Clark drive to a really impressive second in his yellow 5.. Didn't miss a beat and looked amazing on track!

Also a big thanks go Dave and Matthew Randle for helping me sort out some pretty major problems and getting some decent racing in in the pink 5!

Cheers, owe you both a pint!

Oli

stuTHC
16-03-2009, 12:42
Anyone who wasn't at Brands yesterday missed Dave Clark drive to a really impressive second in his yellow 5.. Didn't miss a beat and looked amazing on track!

Also a big thanks go Dave and Matthew Randle for helping me sort out some pretty major problems and getting some decent racing in in the pink 5!

Cheers, owe you both a pint!

Oli

Good ol' Dave :agree:

Who came first?

*Yellow*
16-03-2009, 15:51
Cheers Oli, Shame you had a few problems out there yesterday, stick at it it`ll be worth it, Matt will get you sorted.Was it the h/g at the end?

We came 2nd in both races beaten by a very impressive VW Vento vr6, but won our class both times. Other than some braking issues, car was superb all day.:)

Looking forward to the next one now.

olidaviesuk
16-03-2009, 16:02
yeah, head gasket.. went across the coolant by the looks of things. Gonna whip the head off at the weekend and have a good look, hopefully hasn't damaged the bottom end as hopefully will be a quick fix providing the head didn't warp.

Need to work on the cooling system as I don't think its working as efficiently as it should, as on track the temp was just slowly creeping up.. Gonna speak to Matt later in the week and see what he thinks :agree:

Think i might have quite a big shopping list ;)

That vento didn't half shift! Think that had been out a few times in Toyo Tires last year?

*Yellow*
16-03-2009, 16:33
Need to work on the cooling system as I don't think its working as efficiently as it should, as on track the temp was just slowly creeping up.

All the people I have spoke to who were involved in the "cup racing" said they were always hot and mine used to be. I raised the bonnet and some ducting to the rad made a huge difference. Also a proper water temp guage,so you know whats going on, mine didnt go above 80 c all day.
Takes away the classic 5 look :cry: but it works.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
16-03-2009, 20:00
Yesterday was a great days 'clean' racing....no dirty tricks and glad all three cars came back in one piece....
Was impressive to see Daves car with both wheels spinning halfway down the hill from Druids to the Graham hill bend..........:burnrubber:

Oli, I'll be very happy to help out in any way possible mate, and, very nice to meet you and get to see the car, shame about the H/G...but, once all the niggles are ironed out it will be worth it!;)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
16-03-2009, 21:41
Mr Searles on a charge................

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
16-03-2009, 21:43
Mr Chappell going hard too.......

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
16-03-2009, 21:58
Who is this.......?Heh.;)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
16-03-2009, 22:03
WHOOPSIE!!!!:laugh:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
16-03-2009, 22:25
Dave in the R5.......Va Va VOOOOOOM!

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
16-03-2009, 22:26
Oli in traffic......

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
16-03-2009, 22:27
....and at Paddock....

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
16-03-2009, 22:30
'That' Vento....2.8 litre VR6 on ITB's

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
16-03-2009, 22:31
Finally....I nearly got my cheque-book out!!!!!