PDA

View Full Version : Nurburgring - Noise Testing

Duncs
15-03-2009, 15:35
Just to warn everybody - I got noise tested today at the Ring when I was about to go out on my third lap. I recorded 94.7 decibals @ 2,800 revs, was a very lucky escape :sos:

A couple of pics..had to take a few pics of this immaculate Gordini, awesome :crush:

Some great laps, so quiet it was like a closed trackday, & no bikes at all. Completely annihilated my suspension though...:cry:

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=5264

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=5265

Bigfoot
15-03-2009, 16:51
I recognise that car, what happened to the petrol cap? hows the valver running round the track?

Duncs
15-03-2009, 17:01
I recognise that car, what happened to the petrol cap? hows the valver running round the track?

The filler cap broke :coffee:

The car felt really good round the Ring, puts the power down really well - loads of torque & predictable. It was wet in places, had to take care.

But suspension is in need of some work, several knocks appeared today. Think the strut bearings have gone, & at least one of the driveshafts mmm..:crap: I was going to change the set-up so perhaps a good opportunity to get it sorted. Amazing just how demanding that track is on a car.

Based on today I'd imagine your car would be insanely fast round the Ring.

Blick
15-03-2009, 17:07
The filler cap broke :coffee:

The car felt really good round the Ring, puts the power down really well - loads of torque & predictable. It was wet in places, had to take care.

But suspension is in need of some work, several knocks appeared today. Think the strut bearings have gone, & at least one of the driveshafts mmm..:crap: I was going to change the set-up so perhaps a good opportunity to get it sorted. Amazing just how demanding that track is on a car.

remember seeing that up4 sale a few mths back.... lovely looking 5 mate. enjoy yourself on the ring??? im gonna have2 go at some point. :agree:

Bigfoot
15-03-2009, 17:10

From the initial blast round before having to slow down due to running temps it was a bit scary some points, but that was running low boost though, kicked in nicely and had a play with many of cars round there, fingers cross all goes well and sept it will be over there again running more power this time :)

That car of yours made me do this conversion in the first place, it just drove so nicely all through the gears, I just went one step further.

Got to sort out that strut brace, clearing space up for this new raider project. Most of the last one in now in the tip :laugh:

Duncs
15-03-2009, 17:21
remember seeing that up4 sale a few mths back.... lovely looking 5 mate. enjoy yourself on the ring??? im gonna have2 go at some point. :agree:

Thanks. Was a total bargain. Been dry stored since Jon sold it, bodywork is superb. Mechanically spot on. Previous owner had performed a few mods :rolleyes: but nearly back to how it was :) Jon did a great job on that car.

Bit bling for me, it may look a bit more o.e soon..but it does get some looks, so many generic cars there today its just something a little bit different..

Had a great time today, definitely get yourself out there :cool:

Ricardo
15-03-2009, 17:48
The 5 definitely benefits from having that F7P dropped in there, weight is the advantage in that shell as i remember last year taking the R19 16V round the ring and on the uphill sections it was to put it bluntly gutless. The GTT with a nice turbo works on the Ring, plenty of torque drags it up those hilly parts quite nicely :)

Deffo miss the 5 with nice power

J$£5GTT
15-03-2009, 18:02
so is just random then,like you get chosen an could be unlucky??

Duncs
15-03-2009, 18:31
so is just random then,like you get chosen an could be unlucky??

Modified cars are always more likely to be tested I guess. Apparently there are noise meters on the circuit, according to the Ben Lovejoy site.

Big Steve - Raider
15-03-2009, 18:40
:sad::sad::sad: I WANNA GO, I WANNA GO, I WANNA GO!!

Millie & I were showing a mate our Nurburgring Video footage last night & add that to the fact that I've seen this post I've really got the bug to be going again!!! :rolleyes:

Roll on September I say!! :D

J$£5GTT
15-03-2009, 18:45
:sad::sad::sad: I WANNA GO, I WANNA GO, I WANNA GO!!

Millie & I were showing a mate our Nurburgring Video footage last night & add that to the fact that I've seen this post I've really got the bug to be going again!!! :rolleyes:

Roll on September I say!! :D

:yeah:ima shove a huge bratwurst up my sidey that will silence
it.....

:sad2::sad:

Kris M
15-03-2009, 20:10
Nice one Dunc, i remember seeing that Gordini when we were there back in October, lovely :D

Os8472
15-03-2009, 22:33
Ah crap, mine won't be allowed then, it got a 99.9db at bedford, god knows what it'll be once the screamer pipe is on

jaffa
18-03-2009, 08:23
Ah crap, mine won't be allowed then, it got a 99.9db at bedford, god knows what it'll be once the screamer pipe is on

wont make any difference for a static test though....and as for noise meters round the circuit...i taken the batteries out ;)