PDA

View Full Version : what should i do???

dgdogz
15-03-2009, 10:13
need a little help folks
last night driving thorugh town to go home i hit a pothole.
wasnt till i got home i could here a funny noise.
air escaping from somwer in the system.
checked it this morning and its right were the turbo elbow meets the downpipe.
can any of you fine folks tell me the best way to sort this or will i have to replace the d/p???
its a pretty small gap but it is leaking from there so just as a precaution the car has hit the garage again and wont move till its sorted
:(
sorry if it sounds dumb but i dont really know what to do.
cheersssssssss

JRP
15-03-2009, 10:47
need a little help folks
last night driving thorugh town to go home i hit a pothole.
wasnt till i got home i could here a funny noise.
air escaping from somwer in the system.
checked it this morning and its right were the turbo elbow meets the downpipe.
can any of you fine folks tell me the best way to sort this or will i have to replace the d/p???
its a pretty small gap but it is leaking from there so just as a precaution the car has hit the garage again and wont move till its sorted
:(
sorry if it sounds dumb but i dont really know what to do.
cheersssssssss

Get it sorted and send the bill to the council. I hit a pot hole in my old audi and it damaged the suspension, on a complaint to the council and a mega winge about poor road conditions they payed out :)

JRP
15-03-2009, 10:47
Ohh and i have a couple standard d/pipes if you need one all you got to do is pay postage;)

stuTHC
15-03-2009, 10:55
It has probably just pushed the exhaust out of alighnment. Try slacken it all off and reposition it. If your struggling check that the downpipe support bracket isn't bent where it fastens to the block.

raj
15-03-2009, 11:02
It has probably just pushed the exhaust out of alighnment. Try slacken it all off and reposition it. If your struggling check that the downpipe support bracket isn't bent where it fastens to the block.

regarding the dp support bracket, im assuming you cannot use this when a larger bore (1piece) dp is used.?

car.crash
15-03-2009, 11:13
regarding the dp support bracket, im assuming you cannot use this when a larger bore (1piece) dp is used.?

i use my bracket with a 2 1/2 dp. but you will need to modify it to work.