PDA

View Full Version : GTT gearbox

Maka
12-03-2009, 18:21
if one was to put a turbo'd F7r engine into an R5. Could the engine be mated to the R5 gearbox? (keeping the speedo and reducing the conversion costs.
What is the maximum power you would confortably see pushed through the R5 box?
:)

Bigfoot
12-03-2009, 18:24
Yeah you can easily as they are all interchangable. Depends on how you drive it really to how long it lasts, could blow up straight away or if your careful a long time. But im guessing the first one though as the amount of torque the F7R turbo will produce will just kill it

Duncs
12-03-2009, 18:28
Yeah you can easily as they are all interchangable. Depends on how you drive it really to how long it lasts, could blow up straight away or if your careful a long time. But im guessing the first one though as the amount of torque the F7R turbo will produce will just kill it

You think so ?

Rob@Backyardracing
12-03-2009, 18:46
JB3 boxs are pretty tough to me... :) (apart from the valver)..

Bigfoot
12-03-2009, 19:16
JC5 are supposed to be the toughest box. As for who uses them, Scoff did in his 5, im sure Andy and Stuart are using them as well, or did use them and more than likely more people out there with the high powered 5s.

Rob@Backyardracing
12-03-2009, 19:49
So they say yes.. but i dont feel there is enough evidence of that. The jb3 over the years has had some stick and been up to the job.. Scoff did use the JC5 but he wasnt a torq monster as such so i guess thats why it went well.. Im not saying the jc5 is poo at all its a good box.. im just saying i feel there as good as each other imo... (dont think stu uses jc5) The jc5 also has a better ratio to suit the 22" drag tyres we use to trap at peak rpm over than what the jb3 would.. If this was other way and the jb3 had 4.06 (or what ever FD:confused:) i bet a couple of peeps would stick with the jb3 for that case...

Maka
12-03-2009, 22:32
which model is the 5 box?

THE MASTER
12-03-2009, 22:40
the main weakness of the jb box is the circlips that hold the bearings in for the shafts . the jc uses a bolt on plate;)

Matt Cole
12-03-2009, 23:09
the main weakness of the jb box is the circlips that hold the bearings in for the shafts . the jc uses a bolt on plate;)

Could the Jb box be modified to do away with the clips??