PDA

View Full Version : hw much is this gtturbo worth? turbo storing?

gttjames
11-03-2009, 19:59
Mates car just got mangled by a lorry, the lorry reversed into it while it was parked, smashin the rear quarter panel and touching the door aswell and smashing a window. How much is it worth without the wheels? standard engine other than the bling bits, side exit

Hes guted, and he just bought the rims oz superturismo's, 600

Also got my old standard turbo here after puting a t25 on, can it just be left or will it seize up?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/sr50james/cancun062.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/sr50james/cancun061.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/sr50james/cancun060.jpg

gttjames
11-03-2009, 20:00
its got the raider interior, and a raidor sticker on the door. dont know if its a genuine one though? hasnt got raider on rear screen

MR TURBO
11-03-2009, 20:03
Insurance???:scratch:

gttjames
11-03-2009, 20:06
hes 3rd party only. lorry drove off

MR TURBO
11-03-2009, 20:08
Tell you the truth mate from the pictures it looks as if he might get away with knocking the dent out from inside and giving the outside a quick skim and respray :agree::agree::agree: shouldn't be too bad

Tiny Tim
11-03-2009, 20:09
hes 3rd party only. lorry drove off

Get onto the old Bill... 'procceds of crime' victims fund...

djinuk
11-03-2009, 20:11
either knock out , and filler/repair , or stick a new door and get a new rear quarter welded in (not as bad as you think.

Gttnutter
11-03-2009, 20:19
Thats to creased up in the corner for knocking it out and filler, for the cost of repair i'd replace with new qtr

MR TURBO
11-03-2009, 20:20
Thats to creased up in the corner for knocking it out and filler, for the cost of repair i'd replace with new qtr

From the angle we can see it looks ok-ish no harm trying first :agree: I would

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
11-03-2009, 20:26
Bit of perspex....pop rivets and drive it till it dies......

Tiny Tim
11-03-2009, 20:29
I'll tell you one thing for sure, that's an insurance write-off. Probably CAT-C or D if he's lucky.

Is the B-pillar damaged?

J$£5GTT
11-03-2009, 20:35
new door an quarter panel,dont even bother with insurance
company.
:agree:

Ben
11-03-2009, 20:41
totally agree with that m8 too bad to be knocked out in a complicated area like that. Even if you could find someone who was good enough to do it (and i doubt it) the labour charges would be much higher than if it was just replaced.

gttjames
11-03-2009, 20:44
The pictures dont look to bad, looks alot worse in person. No way any of us are going to weld in a new quarter or repair it, and to get that done would cost to much.

I think he doesnt want it anymore, wev spent alot of time working on it to keep it running and i think hes had enough, wants it gone.

As it is, without the rims, whats it worth?

J$£5GTT
11-03-2009, 20:47
be worth more if you broke it than whole car maybe.

Bigfoot
11-03-2009, 20:53
break it and let me have first dibs on parts :D

tiff_lee
11-03-2009, 20:55
be worth more if you broke it than whole car maybe.
Another one bites the dust

MR TURBO
11-03-2009, 21:00
The pictures dont look to bad, looks alot worse in person. No way any of us are going to weld in a new quarter or repair it, and to get that done would cost to much.

I think he doesnt want it anymore, wev spent alot of time working on it to keep it running and i think hes had enough, wants it gone.

As it is, without the rims, whats it worth?

Tell him dont be so stupid if ya aint got the money give it a try whats the worst you have a couple ripples!!! No way would i consider breaking and i aint no bodyshop dude either...

Tiny Tim
11-03-2009, 21:04
No way would i consider breaking and i aint no bodyshop dude either...

It shows...

It's an insurance write-of, end of. Whether it's safe to drive is another matter... B-Pillar being un-touched, I'd say it's fine.

However, you little bottom feeders are forgetting one thing...

How would you feel after buying a Renault 5 GT Turbo dicovering what lies beneath is a badly scarred car...?

MR TURBO
11-03-2009, 21:09
It shows...

It's an insurance write-of, end of. Whether it's safe to drive is another matter... B-Pillar being un-touched, I'd say it's fine.

How would you feel after buying a Renault 5 GT Turbo dicovering what lies beneath is a badly scarred car...?

:laugh::laugh: Thats if he don't keep it and drive it till the wheels fall off :laugh::laugh: Shame

finsta
11-03-2009, 21:13
i would say that its fecked. you can see under the side skirt that the sill is bent.

Frix
11-03-2009, 21:15

:agree::agree:

Gttnutter
11-03-2009, 21:16
without wheels and how it is i'd put a price of no more than 400. better to break as thats all you'll likly get with all the parts on it

MR TURBO
11-03-2009, 21:17
let me know on the side exit if you do break it!!!

tom t
11-03-2009, 21:21
sounds stupid but how do you no a lorry hit it if he just drove off? where was the car parked?

gttjames
11-03-2009, 23:06
It was outside and he saw it get reversed into then lorry drove off.

Its pretty bent, possibly a pillar aswell. And thats only from what we can see, imagine doing all that work and then it doesnt drive straight? even if the chassis is only tweeked a little bent, its still bent.

Splitting it seems best option, il give you guys 1st shout if you want anything.

J$£5GTT
11-03-2009, 23:13
by xmas there will only be a handful of fives left...
at this rate.....:cry:

Noa33
11-03-2009, 23:17
sad to see another one go. In my honest opinion get on to the rozza's and get a claim going from the proceeds of crime fund, they seize a shed load of money/goods etc that they use to cover costs like this.

MR TURBO
11-03-2009, 23:23
It was outside and he saw it get reversed into then lorry drove off.

Its pretty bent, possibly a pillar aswell. And thats only from what we can see, imagine doing all that work and then it doesnt drive straight? even if the chassis is only tweeked a little bent, its still bent.

Splitting it seems best option, il give you guys 1st shout if you want anything.

What happened to jumping in and giving chase to the loon?? Being a lorry and all i wouldn't have thought it would have departed that quickly.....Shame again still let me know about the side exit if that day ever comes

Ben
11-03-2009, 23:47
by xmas there will only be a handful of fives left...
at this rate.....:cry:
Look on the bright side, everyone that disappears adds rarity and value to the ones left we could all be quids in by xmas:)

BriC
12-03-2009, 00:20
Break it. Failing that, sell it to me and I'll break it :)

5alldaway
12-03-2009, 00:54
break it, means more cars have the chance to survive and mines will be worth more muhahahaha

tom t
12-03-2009, 14:32
thats what i was getting at mr turbo i would have been straight after him.:mad:

MR TURBO
12-03-2009, 16:13
thats what i was getting at mr turbo i would have been straight after him.:mad:

The way i would have been feeling i'd have ran so fast i'd of caught the fecker on foot.........Like transform into this http://humankinetics.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/usain-bolt-olympics-200m.jpg

gttjames
12-03-2009, 16:31
update

they got his reg plate, think someone else saw it it to. Police and insurence notified, should get a pay out from the lorry drivers insurence.

Where going to buy the wreck off the insurence??? anyone shed some light on this? then break it for bits as its not repairable

scratcher
12-03-2009, 16:37
Such a shame :dearme: I'd go nutts if I'd seen someone do that to one of my cars.... actually, I'd just be too stunned and not be able to say a word.

So how much do the Raider front seats go for these days? :D

MR TURBO
12-03-2009, 16:40
Nice one mate sometimes you think there must be a god or

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=358&pictureid=3977

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Great result mate!!!! Don't forget the sidey :coffee:

MR TURBO
12-03-2009, 16:41
[quote=scratcher;51674]Such a shame :dearme: I'd go nutts if I'd seen someone do that to one of my cars.... actually, I'd just be too stunned and not be able to say a word.

I'd let other parts of my body do the talking :smokin:

tom t
12-03-2009, 18:28
least it should all get sorted now then hey.
might be intrested in the bonnet if its in good nick. and straight, anless any1s got a black one knocking about lol

Junglist
12-03-2009, 19:15
looks ok to me . it adds character ,

gttjames
12-03-2009, 19:41
yes mr turbo i will offer side exit 1st.

drivers seat has the usaul tear in the bolster

bonnet is all good i think

and yes he was well gutted, poor 5:sad2:

Gttnutter
12-03-2009, 20:45
So how much do the Raider front seats go for these days? :D[/quote]

same price on the standard red fleck i'd say...price would vary on the condition of them

5teve L
13-03-2009, 09:09
Should be able to buy it back, make sure you ask for this option. When my wifes old GTT got rear ended we said to the assesor that it was a classic & that whatever happened we would be putting it back on the road & had some qoutes ready using 2nd hand parts, they gave us £1000 to repair it :)

gttjames
14-03-2009, 00:43
CANT ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!

Went to a mates tonight, car was parked outside on his road inline with 25 other cars down there, and guess whos car gets hit? mine. The boy said to me he reversed out his drive and didnt think to look behind him and reversed straight into my 5! Hes done exzactly the same as the pics above (without smashing the window) to my 5. apart from mine is on n/s, my mates on o/s

Actually cannot believe it, in 3 days my mate gets his o/s rear quarter and door reversed into, then 3 days later mine gets the same done to it, whats going on!!!!

Penfold aka The Dealer
14-03-2009, 08:34
CANT ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!

Went to a mates tonight, car was parked outside on his road inline with 25 other cars down there, and guess whos car gets hit? mine. The boy said to me he reversed out his drive and didnt think to look behind him and reversed straight into my 5! Hes done exzactly the same as the pics above (without smashing the window) to my 5. apart from mine is on n/s, my mates on o/s

Actually cannot believe it, in 3 days my mate gets his o/s rear quarter and door reversed into, then 3 days later mine gets the same done to it, whats going on!!!!

Sh*t mate, i am gutted for you.... claim to hell & back about this to your insurance company. Its reasons like this i always insure my 5's with agreed value of more than i think the car is worth.

But personally i think your mate should move as people on his road dont seem to be able to drive...

sphinX
14-03-2009, 09:26
Wow...thats not even funny! What an absolute piss take... Feel sorry for you man, but as said above claim claim claim!!

gttjames
14-03-2009, 10:34
Mines just like the one above apart from the quarter panel isnt quiete as bad, it hasnt teared the metal. Or it doesnt look like the sills bent and its not as bad. door will open and shut with a good slam.

Basically new door, and alot of work on the rear quarter or possily a new quarter? then sprayed.

Need to try and value the car up so i get either a good payout or get it repaired, what should i claim its worth?

cant actually believe this, il put pics up when im home

anyone in the body shop trade fancy doing my 5?

gttjames
14-03-2009, 10:36
Sh*t mate, i am gutted for you.... claim to hell & back about this to your insurance company. Its reasons like this i always insure my 5's with agreed value of more than i think the car is worth.

But personally i think your mate should move as people on his road dont seem to be able to drive...

Wont be through my insurence, claiming through his.

Im 3rd party anyway so couldnt claim, dont want a claim on my insurence anyway, insurence is enough at 19 without a claim lol.

gttjames
14-03-2009, 10:39
Its a joke though, that n/s was my good side, good paint, no rust, door shut well.

Whereas my o/s door is dropped/patch of rust on bottom of door/ and not to good paint on the o/s quarter, bit heavy. could of atleast done that side!

gttjames
14-03-2009, 19:29
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/sr50james/5smash003.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/sr50james/5smash004.jpg

jesus in the seat of a 5
14-03-2009, 19:45
mate, wish i really was jesus,id sort it for you...:cry:, really feel for you buddy, hope you an your friend sort your cars, poor 5`s...poor guys..:crap:

tom t
15-03-2009, 20:18
that just takes the biscuit. what a f-in nytmare bud:mad: