PDA

View Full Version : Extra turbo.

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Ashy
18-02-2010, 23:47
Awesome, makes me want to get back in the garage and finish mine!!

Spooky
18-02-2010, 23:53
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

Brigsy
26-02-2010, 22:47
All back together now, just waiting for new o.e header tank & shes ready to roll:)

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=238&pictureid=10545

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=238&pictureid=10544

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=238&pictureid=10546

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=238&pictureid=10547

Spooky
26-02-2010, 22:53
Brigsy...that looks :agree::agree::agree::agree:

J8TRO
26-02-2010, 23:02
Brigsy, you could of cleaned the bay before taking photos! :rolleyes:

Brigsy
26-02-2010, 23:03
The dodgy fone pic actually makes it look cleaner than it is, you should see the 6 months of dust over all of it:wasntme:

gtmatt
26-02-2010, 23:03
nice van mate , and a c1j as well looks clean and sweet:)

J8TRO
26-02-2010, 23:06
Same as mine.........at least yours is back together.

Dale 21T
02-03-2010, 13:27
that was a great read chap! very very tidy extra u have! ive still not finished mine sittin round the bak of the house with the engine dumped in the front! :D

Brigsy
02-03-2010, 14:30
Cheers mate:) Get some pics of yours up.

Got my new header tank today, Cheers Schakal:cool: Only need to fit that, bleed cooling system & shes ready to go. Its taxed again too so should be able to road test it this weekend.

Maxwell
02-03-2010, 20:16
splat!!! :coffee:

sorry i just jizzed over the laptop....that is one class van you have there mate!!!!

Jessop
03-03-2010, 00:56
Needs detailing

Trevhib
03-03-2010, 09:36
Jon, I love your work bud. I so want this van :agree:

Brigsy
04-03-2010, 23:24
Got a few miles on it tonight, having problems with the new clutch:crap:

On the plus side, the engine seems so much more responsive. I can only assume its due to the 3.6kg flywheel/new downpipe. Still havent given it any decent boost yet but things are looking good:agree:

Jessop you can give ity a bufty up at weekend, you owe it a polish after all the filler dust you got on it last september;)

philg
05-03-2010, 09:25
this does look sweet mate

phil

Jessop
05-03-2010, 20:53
Wasnt flogging it, but gave it a squirt off a roundabout and it lit the tyres up straight away.. :eek: lol. Looking forward to the big boost =]

I'll give it a detail later in the year when the weathers better, i didnt even have time to clean my VTS yesterday nevermind the whole van lol.

Quote of the evening:

"Ive not even looked at the front from outside - i'll go see"

*Brigsy runs to front of the van*

"**** me it stands out a mile, going to have to paint it black!"

:laugh: :wasntme: [not like the side mount and the rough idle gives it away] :devil:

Roll on Summer, i want boost too :cry:

Brigsy
05-03-2010, 23:27
Yeah its not as discreet as the old intercooler:laugh:

Give it a wash today, so dug out the dslr & took a couple of pics. Gave it a bit of a squirt on the back roads & just cant get the power down! Roll on summer & dry tarmac..

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=238&pictureid=10625

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=238&pictureid=10626

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=238&pictureid=10627

Still looks pretty innocent from the back:D

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=238&pictureid=10629

Rob@Backyardracing
05-03-2010, 23:28
Epic.... going to look nuts on the racemasters :)......

Trevhib
06-03-2010, 09:43
Jon, I reckon it looks ace as it is. If you want to tone it down though I'd do it in stages. You could change the I/C hoses for black ones and see if that takes the edge off it, then spray just the lower half of the cooler to see if that balances better and then if you're still bothered, cover the lot. Going the whole hog might affect the fresh look of the van.

Btw, have you thought about an unpainted Ph2 GTT front bumper with clear fogs? Or will that be too obvious? Maybe a GTT bumper would allow for less exposure of the I/C?

tonesGTT
06-03-2010, 09:47
Thats looking great :cool::niceone:

J8TRO
06-03-2010, 09:50
Brigsy, your van is cool. FACT! :cool:

xenon
06-03-2010, 15:53
:agree::eek::eek:

superbe !!!!!!!

j'aimerais bien le voir rouler un jours , voir ce qu'il développe
I would like to see it rolling one days, to see what it develops :smokin:

Jessop
07-03-2010, 21:19
:agree::eek::eek:

superbe !!!!!!!

j'aimerais bien le voir rouler un jours , voir ce qu'il développe
I would like to see it rolling one days, to see what it develops :smokin:

Enough for a 12.... we hope ^_^

Kris M
07-03-2010, 21:35
spot on as usual Brigsy, Hope you get the clutch issue sorted then on for some quick runs at Pod :agree:

mike r5 gtt
07-03-2010, 23:26
love this van :D it looks amazing

Brigsy
16-03-2010, 00:15
Whipped the engine back out tonight to fit my new piper 285 cam, fix leaking sump/timing chain cover & inspect clutch.

I get a feeling this will be a regular occurrence from now..

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=238&pictureid=10705

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=238&pictureid=10704

Logg
16-03-2010, 00:56
Whats the score with the cam change dude? is the DD one no good?

Brigsy
16-03-2010, 12:50
The dd cam has a lot of overlap, not good on a big boosted motor? Im no expert on the matter though, have been advised the 285 will perform better with my setup.

Ill miss the sound of it on idle though, choppy exhaust note sounds:cool:

pascal-GT
16-03-2010, 17:24
very nice extra!!!!:agree::)

Matt Cole
16-03-2010, 19:50
what an ugly *******:D

Logg
17-03-2010, 00:11
The dd cam has a lot of overlap, not good on a big boosted motor? Im no expert on the matter though, have been advised the 285 will perform better with my setup.

Ill miss the sound of it on idle though, choppy exhaust note sounds:cool:

Yeah it did sound :cool:.

Good luck with the new cam annd da boost. :agree:

Then there was only one. :)

Hez
17-03-2010, 08:15
Total comittment ..i was speaking to the lad with the yellow ibiza he said this thing was seriously clean.

Hopefully will get chance to have a look at it at some point brigsy :)

benj88
17-03-2010, 08:28
Total comittment ..i was speaking to the lad with the yellow ibiza he said this thing was seriously clean.

Hopefully will get chance to have a look at it at some point brigsy :)

I herd the yellow cupras gettin an engine in the back with the same spec as the front! Seen your 5 a few times down teaside mate you got a gti aswel?

Keep up the gud work brigs!

Brigsy
17-03-2010, 17:08
Pop down at some point & have a look Hez! Its in a million bits at moment like but should be running next week:)

That ibiza of dan's looks like a weapon, i do like!

Hez
17-03-2010, 19:45
Cheers mate il have a look when your free..didnt realise you had another R5 aswell ;)

Nice and standard..the way they should be. Rare to find one with that milage though ;)

Brigsy
21-03-2010, 22:49
Engine back together now, cam dialled in & sump sealed up once again. Waiting for a new clutch pressure plate so gave the engine a lick of paint & buftyed the chrome up :D

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=238&pictureid=10826

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=238&pictureid=10827

Damaged pressure plate, must be the fault as the clutch plate is fine/same thickness as the valeo previously fitted.

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=238&pictureid=10828

benj88
21-03-2010, 23:02
A think you should drop that beast in my engine bay:D

Alastair
21-03-2010, 23:27
:agree: Looking good mate, love the glove over the carb - I thought it was only me that did that with a used one....:laugh:

Matt Cole
22-03-2010, 17:48
Brigsy, looks like the release bearing has had a go although its normal to have some wear on the contact faces of the fingers. How bad is it??

Brigsy
22-03-2010, 18:53
The groove is 1mm ish mate, one side is right on the edge of the forks.

Im sure when clutch is fully down the release bearing is moving off half the forks due to the wear, causing the clutch to drag. Can only be the problem as the clutch plate is spot on, same thickness as the original valeo.

Matt Cole
23-03-2010, 13:19
I would pop a new release bearing in while your at it. Hopefully should solve it. Im wondering if the pressure plate has not been seated correctly causing it to distort and throw the fingers off true.

Brigsy
24-03-2010, 12:53
It was on the dowels mate, maybe something happened when the old clutch plate chucked a spring?

Clutch has turned up today, will get the engine back in the hole tonight. Hoping to get it sorted for york raceway on easter weekend if all goes well.

Brigsy
27-03-2010, 21:10
Got her up & running today:)

Drives much better with the piper 285, no more kangarooing under 2k revs when stuck in redcar traffic:rolleyes: Starts a hell of a lot better too.

Oil pressure is better, the cam bearing tolerances must have been shady on the old cam.

Took it for a quick run out with the wideband on, power delivery is more progressive with good torque at high revs. Had to turn boost down to 1.1 bar from 1.4 as fuelling was lean, mid 12's whereas it was bang on in the past! Can only be a good sign of more power?

My current jetting is 125 main, .9mm a/c, .6mm 1st, 1.3mm 2nd. 2mm needle..

Not sure whether to up the 2nd to 1.4 or up the main jet to 130? My aim is 25psi if possible without knock... Im going to investigate the fuel pressure/sender unit for restrictions too.

Brigsy
29-03-2010, 00:12
Pulled sender out of the tank tonight, the pickup hole at the bottom is 7mm on the derv sender compared to the 8mm of the gtt so have replaced it along with fuel filter. Fuel pressure is 4psi on idle do need to check it on boost. Derv tank is baffled as per the gtt tank :cool:

Have drilled a 2.2mm needle jet which seems to seal on the bench ok so will give it a try, emptying the 2mm with ease at 1.1 bar manifold. Thinking about going up to 130 main to richen up the afr's so i can up the boost.

Also my lm1 has been giving some erratic readings, think my lambda sensor may be on its way out, wheres the cheapest place for a new un?:)

T.K
29-03-2010, 16:05
Try cleaning the lambda by leaving it to soak in vinegar (or other suitably mild acid) for a day or so. :agree:

dangerous dave
29-03-2010, 16:19
The sensors just a Bosch one and if you google for the part number can be found in any autofactors, I bust loggs so bought a new one, 60-70 pound I think. That's about the average price unless you can get some discount. :)

rs250nut
29-03-2010, 17:13
Pulled sender out of the tank tonight, the pickup hole at the bottom is 7mm on the derv sender compared to the 8mm of the gtt so have replaced it along with fuel filter. Fuel pressure is 4psi on idle do need to check it on boost. Derv tank is baffled as per the gtt tank :cool:

Have drilled a 2.2mm needle jet which seems to seal on the bench ok so will give it a try, emptying the 2mm with ease at 1.1 bar manifold. Thinking about going up to 130 main to richen up the afr's so i can up the boost.

Also my lm1 has been giving some erratic readings, think my lambda sensor may be on its way out, wheres the cheapest place for a new un?:)

I had this problem a while back, I replaced the sensor to no avail. Had the sensor wiring to close to the coil. If you get stuck I have a spare sensor you can try:)

Brigsy
30-03-2010, 00:00
That would be awesome Jon:) pm coming your way..

My wiring is routed away from the coil, just seems to be giving random flicks of 40%, i thought the leanest reading was 20%:crap:

Not counting my chickens before they hatch but my 2.2mm needle works, seems to be sealing fine on idle & have ran the pump on its own for ten mins without problems, fingers crossed eh:agree: 130 main is in too...

Hopefully the weather will shape up a bit so i can do some testing, torrential rain all evening here & snow forecast for tomorrow. Weather has gone pants as soon as the clocks alter!

Brigsy
02-04-2010, 00:43
2.2mm needle didnt work:rolleyes: Drilled a 2.1 & done the double washer mod with success. I have finally got the boost up to 1.5bar @ manifold without emptying the carb.

Jetting is 130main, 100 a/c now, 1.3 2nd stg. Its rich at certain points in the lower revs but what can you do:confused:

Needs more fuel to up the boost more as afr's bang on the 12.1 all the way at wot now, feels quite rapid for a builders van:cool:

Brigsy
05-04-2010, 22:22
Done some testing today at York raceway.

Seem to be heading in the right direction, have gained 4mph on my trap speed 104mph now, times were poor as expected with road tyres. My run was b170 on the lh side.

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=238&pictureid=10947

Highlighted a couple of problems though.

Carb needs more fine tuning as it was too rich causing it to bog down/hesitiate on launch & some gearchanges. I think its needle jet not sealing, the afr's are very rich on part throttle though so it could be a combination of both.

I probably could get away with it as is using slicks/full throttle launch, but with feathering the throttle on road tyres it didnt work.

I have damaged the gearbox, possibly the syncro on 2nd. It was ok for the first few passes then it wouldnt go into 2nd. It will ram into gear at low rpms on the road but game over for the strip so will have to change the box.

andyrg
05-04-2010, 22:31
Done some testing today at York raceway.

Seem to be heading in the right direction, have gained 4mph on my trap speed 104mph now, times were poor as expected with road tyres. My run was b170 on the lh side.

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=238&pictureid=10947

Highlighted a couple of problems though.

Carb needs more fine tuning as it was too rich causing it to bog down/hesitiate on launch & some gearchanges. I think its needle jet not sealing, the afr's are very rich on part throttle though so it could be a combination of both.

I probably could get away with it as is using slicks/full throttle launch, but with feathering the throttle on road tyres it didnt work.

I have damaged the gearbox, possibly the syncro on 2nd. It was ok for the first few passes then it wouldnt go into 2nd. It will ram into gear at low rpms on the road but game over for the strip so will have to change the box.

Oh i didnt know york wa son today.

Great Project young man :)

Well done.

We all kwow how good these Jc box;s are i did 3rd Syncro down at Pod

Rob@Backyardracing
05-04-2010, 22:33
Good to see more power from your motor..:agree: i was going to pop over to york but passed.. :crap:....

Scoff
05-04-2010, 23:20
Nice work :agree: Did you stop over or come back again today ? yesterday was a bit of a crap do!

Brigsy
05-04-2010, 23:36
Its been a bit of a washout really for last 2 days, the track has been fairly slippy all weekend!

Went back down again this afternoon Scoff, was a bit of a last min decision when sun came out. A few of my mates stayed over & said it was baltic temps lastnight :laugh:

Ran with a load of tools in the back today & other stuff so not exactly lightweight by any means.

Might put the van on a diet for pod day. Been thinking about this for a while as the standard weight according to the board in my local mot station is a ton or slightly under.

I still have spare wheel, jack, carpets, sound deadening, stereo gear even tools/spares in cubby holes behind front seats. I could even bin the tow bar i know that will weigh a fair few kg's.

I also fancy upping the boost to 25psi @ manifold, will i may be flogging the turbo too much though? i guess it will be near the 40 psi mark at the turbo.

Brigsy
06-04-2010, 13:37
Offered the racemasters up against the van & they should fit without too much hassle. The overall diameter looks about the same as the 15" willy wheels. If i have the ££ spare ill get my rims away to be banded this week.

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/DSC_00351000x665.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/DSC_00341000x665.jpg

Rob@Backyardracing
06-04-2010, 18:49
They look at home :smokin:... yes side by side they are very close to a 15, dont forget they balloon out once spinning so make sure you ride height will clear that.. If your unsure and want a good test, get it on a dyno see how close they go...:agree:

benj88
08-04-2010, 00:27
Me mate has a video off Monday whose is the White 5 ur racing?

Brigsy
08-04-2010, 09:47
Tell him to get it uploaded mate:smokin: The white gtt is Glenn's (hi five)

Miller
08-04-2010, 14:18
Tell him to get it uploaded mate:smokin: The white gtt is Glenn's (hi five)

How did he get on brigsy.:)

Brigsy
12-04-2010, 17:35
I think he had a few teething problems as to be expected on first run out, the whole setup looks excellent though:agree:

Heres a pic of glen blowing my doors off when i had big misfire on launch.

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/York_2010_04_05_0072.jpg

benj88
12-04-2010, 17:57
A thort something must of happend wen I watchd the video of this race, il see if he can get it up on YouTube

Brigsy
12-04-2010, 18:37
Only got one clean run out of ten really mate, the carb needs a bit of fine tuning. It seemed to be moving in higher gears though, with decent traction i should see some half reasonable times this year:cool:

Have got a box sorted now too, will get it fitted this week.

Also need to reseal sump again as its leaking worse than before, timing chain cover is fine though which is typical. I might use stikaflex this time as i know it goes off hard, im really starting to lose my temper with it:mad:

Got my gtt steels away for banding out, looking forward to trial fitting the m&h.

benj88
12-04-2010, 18:58
Only got one clean run out of ten really mate, the carb needs a bit of fine tuning. It seemed to be moving in higher gears though, with decent traction i should see some half reasonable times this year:cool:

Have got a box sorted now too, will get it fitted this week.

Also need to reseal sump again as its leaking worse than before, timing chain cover is fine though which is typical. I might use stikaflex this time as i know it goes off hard, im really starting to lose my temper with it:mad:

Got my gtt steels away for banding out, looking forward to trial fitting the m&h.

:agree: that's the game mate, how wide they guna be? Think my sump needs sealing like it's pissin oil on me drive, is it easy to seal up?

Wen ya get it all sorted it should do well on the strip!

philg
12-04-2010, 19:31
Good effort brigs :)

Brigsy
16-04-2010, 00:13
5 weeks until pod day & this is how it stands at the moment after 2 hrs work tonight:D

List of jobs to do-

Reseal sump once again, got a tube of stikaflex for the job.

Fit new gearbox, fingers crossed its ok as its an ebay special.

Tune carb & possibly turn boost up, to boost or not to boost is the question at the moment...

Fit my other armtech rev limiter with full throttle gear change, may attempt to use it as a two step/full throttle launch on strip:coffee:

Lose a few kgs of weight, the towbar has to go!

Before pulling engine out i comp tested it to see how it was fairing up after 80 odd thousand miles & plenty of abuse, hot engine all cylinders were between 145-150 psi, not bad for a 25 year old engine...

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/Image0498.jpg

Brigsy
24-04-2010, 23:39
Got the new box in today, a bit dissappointed with it really. I almost foreseen this as i noticed somebody has been in the box before, some sealant is around the joints & chemical metal bodged onto the bottom of the diff housing/lashings of silver paint.

Shifts great for the first couple of miles then gets difficult to get into gear, after 20 mile it crunches on the downshift into 3rd:( first is also temperemental, sometimes great sometimes poor. Its driveable & sounds 100% better than the last box but still not right, i think the quickshift makes it worse than it actually is.

I have filled it up with elf trx80 gearbox oil, got it cheap. Not sure whether to drop it out & try some 75/90 in it see if it sorts it out?

As last resort i have a good condition 11t gearbox here, with shorter ratios than the gtt box is it a total waste of time for the dragstrip?

On plus side i absolutely blew the doors off a new 10 reg focus rs in it earlier, the look on the drivers face was priceless:laugh:

r5gt1986
25-04-2010, 08:12
Good luck man, working from the heart

Rob@Backyardracing
25-04-2010, 09:45
Not good about the box mate, think id be swaping it again or rebuilding it to be safe, the 11t box mite work better with the 22" drags

Matt Cole
25-04-2010, 10:23
Thats a shame Brigsy. I think you might want to start playing with the ratios for a bit of 'long pulls' in third etc. Not that im an expert or owt!. maybe a 172 box would be better suited to the heavier van and higher reving cam?

Trevhib
25-04-2010, 11:08
Hi Jon,

With the 11T box, plus the one that's in situ now and the other bits you've got, have you not got a set you can mix and match?

As for the one you have in at the moment, given that it's ok until it warms through properly, you're right, it might be down to the fluid.

GL buddy. :agree:

T.K
26-04-2010, 18:12
I like this a lot. Would run the banded steels on this all the time for x 3 cooler.

Brigsy
26-04-2010, 23:55
Im going to pull the box, it feels knackered to be fair cant get 1st most of the time fitting the 11t box for pod. Over winter im going to attempt to build a good box out of the pair :)

Im having other issues at the moment, it never rains it ****ing pours!

Now the weather is slightly warmer the van is running much hotter, the coolant temp is flying up on boost. When cruising at low speeds the temp goes high, the rad fan was keeping it under control in a fashion but that appears to have failed tonight:mad:

I comp tested the motor a couple of weeks back & had between 140-150psi on each cylinder when hot, the cooling system isnt pressured up but im not entirely convinced the headgasket is 100% so time for a sniff test/another comp test.

All i can think is that i possibly damaged the h/g when it nearly overheated in traffic due to rad fan failing last year, its only done a few miles since:confused: i did have a bit of mayo in the breather pipes but it has cleared, tune is fairly safe at the moment too.

Brigsy
28-04-2010, 18:44
Some good news tonight! the headgasket is fine, the sensor for coolant temp gauge had failed. Turned the ignition on to see the gauge go up to above 2/3's on a cold engine:rolleyes: I should have thought on when i cracked the header tank cap off the other night & there was hardly any pressure.

New sensor/rad fan relay & its back to normal running temps. Now to get this gearbox changed bring on the pod.

LampsR5
28-04-2010, 19:21
Some good news tonight! the headgasket is fine, the sensor for coolant temp gauge had failed. Turned the ignition on to see the gauge go up to above 2/3's on a cold engine:rolleyes: I should have thought on when i cracked the header tank cap off the other night & there was hardly any pressure.

New sensor/rad fan relay & its back to normal running temps. Now to get this gearbox changed bring on the pod.

mine is doin this briggs ever since i fitted the new dials it has played up if i tap the clocks it goes back to normal but its so annoyin i have messed with everything tightened the nuts up behind the clocks and its still iffy where is the sensor mate might be worth me having a look at this cheers

Brigsy
28-04-2010, 20:17
The sensor is on the back of the water pump mate:agree:

jesus in the seat of a 5
29-04-2010, 05:55
The sensor is on the back of the water pump mate:agree:

good man briggs, i changed the one on the cup , remember at brands it did the same thing, ive had it running now a few times, im glad to say the temps are much lower..:), keep up the good work buddy.

Brigsy
01-05-2010, 20:23
Aye same problem mate ,easy fix for once!

Well the 11t box is in & ready to go, havent road tested yet but should be ok.

I dropped the subframe to change the box this time, bit of a fecker to get the box back on by myself this way, would be quick on a 4 post lift though with 2 people. In the end it took exactly the same amount of time to do it this way as removing/refitting engine, or taking box out thru the top.

Not my favourite job fingers crossed this box lasts a bit longer.

Brigsy
10-05-2010, 21:47
Small update, all back together & working well (touch wood).

New gearbox is a little noisy but works ok, the 11t box is a bit short for my liking but my only choice for now.

Carb is sorted for 20lbs at the manifold, i wanted to go for 25lb but in fear of breaking something else i will leave it be for now. Feels quick for a van anyway, lots of wheelspin in lower gears in the dry :)

Have binned tow bar & spare wheel/carrier, should save a few kg's there. Still waiting for my banded steels to arrive, i can see me going to pick them up at this rate!

Tim B
10-05-2010, 22:56
About 10kg for a tow bar.:)

Brigsy
16-05-2010, 12:17
Decent saving then Tim, yours back together yet? :)

Got my rims back yesterday, gtt spares banded to 7.5". Cant wait to try these out at the pod:D Test fit later, hope they will fit without too much hassle.

Welding is superb on the rims, tig welded on a positional welder, rims are straight as a die. In the hurry to got my tyres fitted i forgot to take pics of the inside of the rims.

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/DSC_0058-1.jpg

Cup steel in comparison

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/DSC_0062.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/DSC_0061.jpg

TNT ANDY
16-05-2010, 12:51
Decent saving then Tim, yours back together yet? :)

Got my rims back yesterday, gtt spares banded to 7.5". Cant wait to try these out at the pod:D Test fit later, hope they will fit without too much hassle.

Welding is superb on the rims, tig welded on a positional welder, rims are straight as a die. In the hurry to got my tyres fitted i forgot to take pics of the inside of the rims.

Cup steel in comparison

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/DSC_0062.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/DSC_0061.jpg

Horny as......................

Markey Mark (BD)
16-05-2010, 13:32
Nice mate, just like my wheels and tyres. :D

I still got to see if my 9" wide ones will fit under the campus wheel arch's as i'm tempted to use them on friday, if they don't means i'll be stuck with the 20" wheels for the day.

ranj
16-05-2010, 13:41
Nice set of wheels for the pod that :)

Where did you get the tyres from .... a uk company ???

Rob@Backyardracing
16-05-2010, 14:35
Nice set of wheels for the pod that :)

Where did you get the tyres from .... a uk company ???

Me...

There from M H race masters California... he got a bargin ;).... You cant buy MH drags in uk so cost a few quid for shipping and import, you can get MT`s tho, LA racing sell them in UK...

Adam L
16-05-2010, 14:38
You need a set of 4, Jon. Get some tyres stretched over them and they'll look badarse:D

Os8472
16-05-2010, 15:12

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm slicks

Brigsy
16-05-2010, 18:55
Test fitted them this afternoon, with a bit of work they fit:D They actually fit better than i expected, dont hang out the arches too much & i can still get full lock even with bumper on.

First try with the konis, about 5mm gap between tyre & arch.

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/Image0517.jpg

Dug out my old avo coilovers & raised it up an inch (does anybody fit coilovers to raise a car:laugh:)

Im hoping an inch will be enough, it passed the catch test on the rough alley outside my unit OK. The springs are 250lb on the coilovers so its pretty firm.

I was tempted to test them out in the alley, dont think the neighbours would like it though:D

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/Photo0319.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/Photo0318.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/Photo0317.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/Photo0316.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/Photo0322.jpg

Rob@Backyardracing
16-05-2010, 19:03
Looks the nuts.... awsome...:D... looking forward to friday...

TNT ANDY
16-05-2010, 19:04
Express delivery anyone!
:smokin:

Brigsy
16-05-2010, 19:11
Too right :D

What psi did you run the tyres at Rob? in the pics they have 9 psi in, dont look flat at all like my m/t's.

Markey Mark (BD)
16-05-2010, 19:15
Like the look of them mate!:agree:

Will give mine ago this week, see how mine fit on.

Spooky
16-05-2010, 19:16
You need a set of 4, Jon. Get some tyres stretched over them and they'll look badarse:D

Exactly what I was thinking :D

Rob@Backyardracing
16-05-2010, 19:35
Too right :D

What psi did you run the tyres at Rob? in the pics they have 9 psi in, dont look flat at all like my m/t's.

start at 8psi and keep dropping half lb each run till you get a feel, but i run 5.5 - 6psi..

Os8472
16-05-2010, 19:48
Feckin hell, imagine if all delivery vans where like that:burnrubber:

Kris M
16-05-2010, 19:49
Looks the nuts mate :agree:

Brigsy
16-05-2010, 21:22
Like the look of them mate!:agree:

Will give mine ago this week, see how mine fit on.

You should be ok if its not too low mate:agree:

Markey Mark (BD)
16-05-2010, 21:45
You should be ok if its not too low mate:agree:

The campus isn't mega low but its not on height adjustable suspesion, also mine slicks are 9" wide hopefully they won't caych the arch's.

I've tried them on the gt and had to trim little off the plastic arch but no metal so should be ok.

T.K
17-05-2010, 17:32
Awesome. Who banded the steels?

Tim B
19-05-2010, 16:23
Looking fat mate:D Hope you get some good passes at the pod. Cannot make it myself (on holiday) Engine still in bits :crap: but there is some forward progress. May make it fot USC. :D

Brigsy
13-07-2010, 14:54
Long time no update..:crap:

Done 12.8@106 best pb yet at frog of pod in may.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs295.snc3/28389_445306645952_701025952_5859664_7316808_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs321.snc3/28663_407493423176_515638176_4290095_4241537_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs301.snc3/28663_407493418176_515638176_4290094_5742_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs295.snc3/28389_445346290952_701025952_5861165_3781238_n.jpg

After rtoc frog of pod i drove the van home & just parked it in the garage as it needed a couple of small jobs doing.

I have slowly been chipping at the block & have renewed suspension top mount donuts with poly versions, have fitted another driveshaft on o/s too as that was kaputt.

Still have a few things to do though so time for a new list before USC/Nd.

1. Sort out cooling system, on way to the pod the temp was sat at 2/3 on the gauge whilst cruising at 70, can only be down to the intercooler blocking the rad.

I have bought a new mocal 13 row oilcooler & stat, Still undecided if the o.e rad will be up to the job without the oil flowing through. If not i may go for extra diesel rad.

2. Fix random mis-fire/leaning out i had last time i ran it, i have new fuel pump here as the current one is making funny noises & adjustable fpr if needed.:)

3. Fit Ian S charge temp gauge.

4 Buy & fit permanent wideband gauge in car, still undecided whether to buy aem or zeitronix $$$.

Mocal cooler turned up today, lets hope it fits with no major hassle.

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/DSC_0019.jpg

Alastair
13-07-2010, 16:08
Brigsy, your van = SUB ZERO.

Fact.
:agree:
What octane fuel do you run at the pod? Any additives?

Brigsy
13-07-2010, 16:57
I use tesco 99 'momentum' with no additives, it will happily run on any super unleaded though mate :)

IANMM
13-07-2010, 17:06
brigsy pm for ya

J$£5GTT
13-07-2010, 21:05
I use tesco 99 'momentum' with no additives, it will happily run on any super unleaded though mate :)

super strength lager more like!!

psssssssstttttttt o'clock!!

:laugh::cooter:

Alastair
13-07-2010, 21:29
super strength lager more like!!

psssssssstttttttt o'clock!!

:laugh::cooter:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Brigsy
13-07-2010, 23:29
Stella power ftw;)

First snag fitting oilcooler tonight, the bolt supplied wont fit as mine is early ph1 block, but will fit ph2 no probs, they must have changed the thread for some reason:rolleyes:

Going to get it machined tomorrow to suit. Here are some comparison pics.

O.e bolt

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/Image0671.jpg

New bolt

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/Image0667.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/Image0672.jpg

Brigsy
14-07-2010, 12:56
After a bit of research turns out my block is 3/4 unf, is there any 3/4unf-m20x1.5 threaded adaptors available? or will it have to be a custom job.

Thinkauto are sending out a 3/4 unf bout to fit but i will have to change the oil filter to something that will fit, i can foresee this been a carry on.

Alastair
14-07-2010, 15:51
After a bit of research turns out my block is 3/4 unf, is there any 3/4unf-m20x1.5 threaded adaptors available? or will it have to be a custom job.

Thinkauto are sending out a 3/4 unf bout to fit but i will have to change the oil filter to something that will fit, i can foresee this been a carry on.

Didn't Jeezus have the same issue with his Bean Coupe? Thats an early Phase 1 block too...:confused:

jesus in the seat of a 5
14-07-2010, 16:32
Didn't Jeezus have the same issue with his Bean Coupe? Thats an early Phase 1 block too...:confused:

he did indeed and thats exactly what he did , they often send / supply the wrong bolt...thinkauto will sort it , i remember they kept the info on their files like...:), ask to speak to jeff.

Brigsy
14-07-2010, 17:02
Which parts did you get matty? ive been talking to jeff & they have no adaptor to suit unless i change oil filter??

jesus in the seat of a 5
14-07-2010, 18:38
Which parts did you get matty? ive been talking to jeff & they have no adaptor to suit unless i change oil filter??

i think it was a 3 -1/4 unf , the part i had originally didnt fit any block and it came with the kit...:scratch:, hope that helps buddy , it was a while ago and loads has happend since...;), get them to look up my order details... ref no:OR260498, in the name of matt clements, SEE IF THATS ANY USE, they will have sent some extras to me , the last one they sent...:)

Brigsy
14-07-2010, 20:48
ill see if they can sort it, i can see this been a custom job though. If only i had a lathe & a good selection of die's id make my own:mad:

jesus in the seat of a 5
14-07-2010, 20:52
ill see if they can sort it, i can see this been a custom job though. If only i had a lathe & a good selection of die's id make my own:mad:

shouldnt be buddy , they keep records so just tell them my name and order no....its just the wrong size , trust me , i tried 3 others before it...:laugh:, get on that blower , any info needed just call me buddy, if i can help i will.

Brigsy
16-07-2010, 12:08
Sorted finally, i got the hex head chopped off an o.e bolt & 3/4unf thread cut on the 'middle' to make an adaptor.

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/Image0673.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/Image0674.jpg

Woznaldo
17-07-2010, 02:00
A simple solution, when you've got access to a lathe that is! ;) Nice work. :agree:

Brigsy
03-08-2010, 14:55
Van nearly ready for national day.

Jobs done -

13 row oilcooler & stat
Renault extra 1.6d rad (ebay bargain nos valeo £35) - Holds stable temp at any speed/ambient temp finally
Ian S charge temp gauge fitted - peak charge temps of 92deg at wot/flat out:eek:
Innovate Lc-1/db gauge permanent install.

Still have random mis-fire/occasional bogging. Had this problem since i fitted the piper
285, no idea why as it starts & runs mint 90% of the time.

I initially thought it was the needle jet playing up, but i have changed it with no joy.

I have changed plugs, fuel pump, tank sender, fpr cant get to the bottom of it :crap: Possibly the b8's fouling up occasionally as my fuelling is rich at some points?

Anyway i have given the old girl a clean up, needed a bit of tlc after a few months in garage.

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/DSC_0087.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/DSC_0088-1.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/DSC_0097.jpg

Logg
03-08-2010, 15:19
Looking good fella. :agree:

Got to love RTOC tunning £35 rad jobs a goodun. :wasntme:

scott 5gtt
03-08-2010, 18:21
Looking good mate look forward to a blast out in it. Cheers for last night running mint today just gouin out for a drive rack some miles up .

Andrew Cooke
03-08-2010, 18:24
I'd put tyraps around all those silicon vac pipes. I did some bench testing of actuators a few years back, and at about 1 bar they started blowing raspberries :D

Brigsy
03-08-2010, 19:54
Will do Andy, its on the 'to do' list :) They were all done but its been to bits a few times in the last couple of weeks.

I recall my aei pipe flying off at 1 bar when i pressurised the system a while back, thats firmly zip tied on now!

Trevhib
03-08-2010, 23:28
peak charge temps of 92deg at wot/flat out

Still have random mis-fire/occasional bogging. Had this problem since i fitted the piper
285, no idea why as it starts & runs mint 90% of the time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon, check the dizzy gear is neither 180 degrees out or one tooth out one way or the other... Shouldn't take long to check just to make sure.

Btw, I wouldn't normally bother but that dash is a candidate for being sprayed - any colour than the current OE. Blurgh. :laugh:

Brigsy
04-08-2010, 15:07
Ill check the drive again but as far as i can remember it was correct. Just seems to be a random bog down in first at low rpm pulling away, if you rev it hard it clears its throat then its OK.

Agreed dash/doorcards arent the best of colours:D got to fit my spare gtt dash at one point.

Brigsy
05-11-2010, 21:51
Long time no update:crap:

Well i fixed the bogging problem, new set of plugs and a regap to .5mm seemed to do the job!

Shortly after the gearbox decided that enough is enough, diff bearings are making a horrible noise so im planning on rebuilding it myself over winter:)

Mot has ran out aswell, after digging at a little rust scab on the o/s cill revealed that it has rotted from the inside out :crap: Never pick a scab eh?! Ive started the weldathon today, fabricating my own repair patches.

Before - Grot fest

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/IMG_0197.jpg

Mid way, still needs a bit of work but not too bad for my novice fabircation skills. Does look a bit funny in pic think its the angle its taken, the patch curves to match the original cill OK. Will need a minor bit of filler but not the end of the world:)

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/IMG_0207.jpg

New sticker for back window too :D

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/IMG_0189.jpg

Brigsy
24-01-2011, 12:07
Time for another update.

Welding is finished, Big thanks to Kris M for popping down & using his pmt welding skills to finish the job off.

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/IMG_0315.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/IMG_0318.jpg

After some filler & stonechip, should look presentable:) going to finish off the front of the cill and get some paint on it next weekend.

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/IMG_0344.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/IMG_0345.jpg

Kris M
24-01-2011, 18:56
No probs mate, looks good as new :)

benj88
24-01-2011, 21:59
thats the game mate :agree:

Brigsy
06-02-2011, 20:50
Finally finished the cill, not perfect but good enough for the van. Hammered a load of paint on with rattle cans and the finish actually flatted back well with 1200, half decent shine after a quick polish :)

Hopefully get it in for mot this week and back on the road, cant wait :D

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/IMG_0353.jpg

Brigsy
14-02-2011, 12:19
Took it for mot on sat, straight thru no advisorys :) Back on the road finally.

Need to get the gearbox changed asap, on its last legs at moment!

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/182068_10150152494585953_701025952_8269358_1214714 _n.jpg

benj88
14-02-2011, 17:06
Class mate :agree:

dangerous dave
14-02-2011, 17:16
how many boxes has it killed? i take it there tired before they go in and then chuffed after a few months.. has it not got to the point where its easier to recon one than keep swapping? :)

Brigsy
14-02-2011, 17:29
Ive broke 3 boxes last year :crap: Im frightened to spend strong money getting a box reconditioned to break it, tempted to pull one to bits myself and see if i can rebuild it.

Dave Reed
14-02-2011, 18:15
Vans looking coooool mate, top job :agree: :cool:

Kris M
14-02-2011, 18:21
Yes mate, glad to see the PMT welding delivered at the MOT ;):agree:

Rob@Backyardracing
14-02-2011, 23:16
Good stuff pal :agree:

Brigsy
26-03-2011, 16:54
Cheers all :)

Have been pretty busy over the last week, gearbox finally died so had to sort it.

Here we go again..

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/188509_10150179433230953_701025952_8543485_1974791 _n.jpg

Nice metal filings in box, gear oil was silver when i dropped it out?!

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/196571_10150179490210953_701025952_8543965_4315897 _n.jpg

All back together with new box (Thanks to the man Kris m!), spot the subtle differences. Done away with the degas chamber on the cooling system, seen this mod on Rob@backyards ph1 & Scoffs old c1j setup.

The cooling system is very simple now with no carb base/inlet cooling, only needing seven hoses in total. Its very similar to the ph1 setup, works absolutely fine.

I have also painted the inlet manifold heatshield with crackle black paint and have blanked off the port in the middle of the carb body for the actuator.

The actuator is now plumbed into the port on the end of the compressor housing. I was never too keen on the petrol vapour coming out the bleed valve right above the exhaust manifold, it certainly destroyed the old silver paint on the inlet manifold heatshield over a few miles!

Carb looks quite minimalistic now with only fuel hose & hose on the end of the enrichment block, ideal if i need to remove it to rejet. I have also renewed the engine wiring loom as it was tired & have generally cleaned up everything. Chrome parts have had a good bufty up:D

Next mod is .63 back end on the t28 & see if i can up the boost to 25lbs :)

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/DSC_0039-1.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/DSC_0033-1.jpg

benj88
26-03-2011, 19:02
Beast:agree:

Brigsy
02-04-2011, 18:29
Had the van on the weighbridge earlier. 920kg with a few tools and 1/4 tank of juice, 1000kg with me in it. Not as light as i thought it was!

Markey Mark (BD)
03-04-2011, 16:31
Had the van on the weighbridge earlier. 920kg with a few tools and 1/4 tank of juice, 1000kg with me in it. Not as light as i thought it was!

Thats perfect weight for the Outlaw Shootout drag race or the ESC mate! ;):D

Brigsy
03-04-2011, 16:47
I'd be up for it if I had a couple more hundred ponies :cry:

Rob@Backyardracing
03-04-2011, 16:57
Hmmm, can we see an engine conversion? ;)

Markey Mark (BD)
03-04-2011, 16:57
I'd be up for it if I had a couple more hundred ponies :cry:

Not all about the ponies, there's one Civic entered that only does 13's. Although think you could squeeze a few more out of it!;)

Think it'll be about consistancey and getting off the line, also its HKS day before so maybe few of them will have issues from that! :D

Brigsy
04-04-2011, 20:10
Hmmm, can we see an engine conversion? ;)

A few more cc's & 16v might be on the cards soon ;)

Might try and up the wick a little bit on the current setup for this season mark, might be a few more ponies in there?? Still havent upped the boost over 22lb yet, need to pull my finger out and do some more mods to stop the float chamber emptying! 2.1mm needle is not enough.

Tryed a set of kris m's cup steels on at the weekend, need to get mine refurbed & fitted for the bog standard van look! Cant decide on silver or white powdercoat though??

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/IMG_0512.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/IMG_0505.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/IMG_0511.jpg

modfather
04-04-2011, 20:55
http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/IMG_0511.jpg

im loving those tyres :crush: what model are they, i see that they are michelin

Markey Mark (BD)
04-04-2011, 21:01
Track slicks from what it looks like mate

r5_scotty
04-04-2011, 21:53
where do you find a set of cup wheels?would love a set!the van is ,well , o my god,amazing!good effort all the way! what a great bit of fun!
:D lot of respect for doing it!

Penfold aka The Dealer
04-04-2011, 22:11
where do you find a set of cup wheels?would love a set!the van is ,well , o my god,amazing!good effort all the way! what a great bit of fun!
:D lot of respect for doing it!

Cup wheels are very rare and expensive.... different ofset to standard steel wheels, came from the Renault 5 cup car series.... :)

Big Steve - Raider
04-04-2011, 22:16
Cup wheels are very rare and expensive.... different ofset to standard steel wheels, came from the Renault 5 cup car series.... :)

(Let me guess THE DEALER's next post)... It just so happens I've got a set somewhere I could let you have for a few £££

:laugh::laugh:

Penfold aka The Dealer
04-04-2011, 22:25
(Let me guess THE DEALER's next post)... It just so happens I've got a set somewhere I could let you have for a few £££

:laugh::laugh:

Lol sold my 3 sets with my old cup car.... ;)

Brigsy
05-04-2011, 11:36
I got my set off Sam Fish ages ago, just need to pull my finger out and get them refurbed.

If they weren't so rare id get them banded out to 7" wide. Im actually tempted to get a set of gtt spare wheels banded for the deep dish steel look like the pair i have for my drag radials..

gtmatt
05-04-2011, 13:10
amazing work mate happty days :)

r5_scotty
05-04-2011, 17:47
what a shame.well if anyone hears of a set coming up for grabs would you let me know?
would be wicked to have a set! dam shame there rare. thanks for the info tho :D

jesus in the seat of a 5
05-04-2011, 19:04
I got my set off Sam Fish ages ago, just need to pull my finger out and get them refurbed.

If they weren't so rare id get them banded out to 7" wide. Im actually tempted to get a set of gtt spare wheels banded for the deep dish steel look like the pair i have for my drag radials..

Must say briggs its good to see the ole van getting some tlc...:), as for the cup rims bud...they may look good in black but on that pic i reckon its a fail bud..sorry i love cup rim as ya know...:D but the valver rims look mucho better me thinks on the van!
That said its good to see you hard at it....:agree::)

Brigsy
28-04-2011, 14:52
New wheels are powdercoated and ready to fit when the r888's arrive. Even bought new centre caps from renault to finish them off.

Have just tallyed up how much ive spent on getting these wheels sorted, cant believe how much they owe me...good job I have done it over a few months.

£250 for the rims
£288 for the 185/60/13 toyo r888's
£160 for blast and powdercoat
£48 for 4 new centrecaps (were supposed to be £6 each but once they were on order there was no going back!)

Total = £746, could have got a set bbs for this amount...

The powdercoating does look superb though, the pics don't do them justice, the finish is ultra sparkly :)

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/DSC_0003-2.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/DSC_0004-4.jpg

New centre caps

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/DSC_0005-4.jpg

and fitted

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/DSC_0006-1.jpg

James5
28-04-2011, 14:57
Brigsy looking Reem:cool: can't wait to see some pics of them with tyres on and sitting nice on the ole extra:agree:

benj88
28-04-2011, 16:32
Looking crisp Briggs, can't go wrong with romax. Still waiting to hear back on the 888s should be next week like

Brigsy
28-04-2011, 17:15
Ideal mate, im looking forward to fitting them (sad i know) will hopefully lay the power down a bit better on the road :)

Big Steve - Raider
28-04-2011, 17:57
Scrub that question on Facebook mate!! :laugh:

Wheels look awesome matey, will make the Van look even more awesome now!! :niceone:

Big Steve - Raider
29-04-2011, 13:52
If you wanted to update the look a little Brigsy?? ;)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/van.jpg

rs250nut
29-04-2011, 23:34
Wheels look mint, are you going to pod next month in this?

Smokey
30-04-2011, 07:07
Brigsy looking Reem:cool: can't wait to see some pics of them with tyres on and sitting nice on the ole extra:agree:

They do look cool Brigsy, but your comment James made me laugh Reem, only way is Essex with his hug boots how sad am I, this will take over now and be the new in word.

REEM

Brigsy
02-05-2011, 11:32
They do look pretty reem like :D

Ill be taking it to the rtoc pod day Jon, see if i can get back into the 12's :)

Had the van down at york raceway yesterday, head wind killed the terminal speeds (or maybe ratio's in the new box?!)

60ft's were very good though (1.7-1.8's), ran a 13.07@100mph & 4.9 0-60. The track was glued and the grip was awesome, was holding it on the rev limiter and sidestepping the clutch with no wheelspin! Couple of vids..

13.07 run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4ttrP0geAY&feature=share

Me & glen hi-5 (glen ran out of gas on this run after giving me a head start :D still blew my doors off like!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaP18giZM80&feature=BFa&list=ULhh4s9UGx2CI&index=6

Brigsy
13-05-2011, 19:34
Cup rims are now on. Had to get a set of Yokohama A048's as toyos are out of stock until august apparantly? On order everywhere. Cost £320 for a set of 4 so not that bad. Hopefully will corner a bit better with these on, the stance looks miles better with a lower offset too.

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/b81de3e0.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/9c3f199a.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/a7ec9ee3.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/74e58824.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/f56b3ec6.jpg

Big Steve - Raider
13-05-2011, 20:26
Sweet as Brigsy! :niceone:

Adey aka Ewok
13-05-2011, 20:38
looking good bud:agree:

Woznaldo
14-05-2011, 05:57
Awesome Brigsy! Looking sweet. :cool:

Matt Cole
14-05-2011, 09:55
needs a pallette of bricks in the back!:D

BriC
14-05-2011, 10:44
They really suit it Brigsy :agree: Good work :)

Alex
14-05-2011, 11:24
Love it! :cool:

Brigsy
15-05-2011, 13:31
Thanks all, im loving the discreet look :) Handling is better with decent rubber and lower offset rims its win win!

Took a couple of pics with my gtt yesterday.

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/051c428c.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/8b7f6c00.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/1d417ead.jpg

Been messing about with my iphone 4 & done a couple of hd vids too

Sidey for the win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR4RzInIoRg

Fixed my orange light, so had to test it with some retro house with daughter dear :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ao5NIo9Xr8

bigdur
15-05-2011, 14:23
Lol, nightclub in a van=win!

Adey aka Ewok
15-05-2011, 14:56
badass

T.K
16-05-2011, 03:43
Cup rims make it. Absolutely loving it!

If it were me, I'd paint that intercooler grey/ black and change the blue boost pipes for black ones. :agree:

If you ever want to sell it, PM me. :)

Brigsy
17-05-2011, 23:40
Will do mate:)

Small update..fitted some gaz rear shockers tonight to stiffen the rear end up a bit. £90 for a pair brand new off ebay, cheap enough:cool:

I replaced the rear shockers for gen renault a while back but they were fairly soft. The gaz with the rebound set at half way are much firmer, see if it makes any difference at mallory with the new rubber :) would be nice to see if i can get it to cock a leg on track :cool:

P.s Excuse the half painted floor, ran out of por15 when doing it so could only do the essential areas that needed it:laugh:

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/61c8f881.jpg

Trevhib
18-05-2011, 08:55
Love the nightclub Jon :)

How much is it to get in? :laugh:

As for the wheels, I have to say I'm a 'road' fan and the alloys with a bit of extra offset would be my choice. Still looks ace on the cup rims though :agree: I just love the whole thing.

What else do you intend to do with it once it's in the 12's? Will you continue to mess about with interior, or styling etc? Or are we at the end game now?

Brigsy
19-05-2011, 14:16
I fancy going for a bigger lump, few more cc's and more power next. Just need to stop changing my mind on the engine and spec i fancy:laugh:

Keeping the interior/exterior as it is really. Ill probably have to get some bodywork done soon, its getting a little bit scabby in places now. Im still keeping the williams rims too so will swap and change when i get bored/tyres are bald :)

Right done a little bit of driving with the new gaz shockers on, i initially set them at half way on the adjuster (18 clicks from soft?) Seemed massively over damped and bouncy for road use....I backed off the adjusters fully soft and have wound on 5 clicks and seems pretty good. Well worth the £90 for the shockers compared to standard.

Brigsy
30-05-2011, 23:05
Detailed the paintwork a bit today before nd. Used autoglym super resin polish to clean, poorboys white diamond show glaze & meguiars hd wax to finish. Polished up pretty nice, still a fair few swirlmarks but not too bad. Fitted some pressed plates without the gb logo aswell.

Next job is to black out the intercooler and black silicone hoses :)

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/5f9dd16f.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/34926f04.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/c3b52538.jpg

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
30-05-2011, 23:17
You should call that thing 'Rene' after Rene Arnoux.
If you get rid of the 591 of the reg no, its R-NOU....:laugh:

Bass J
09-06-2011, 21:47
Love this van! :) ....did i read right on your profile a 12.8@106mph ...in a van :eek::eek:

Brigsy
26-08-2011, 18:06
After 13k miles/3 years the t28 has finally went boom in a big way! After a couple of miles of boost showing an astra coupe turbo who was the boss, big pop at 5k in second gear and a lot of smoke! Fogged out the local duel carriageway with smoke :crap: i havent stripped it down yet but i think the exhaust impeller has sheared off...the whole turbo is probably scrap now im guessing.

A short video of the smokescreen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhMTs_MzdDI

I need a new turbo asap. I might aswell upgrade to a gt series, but which one to go for?? have been looking at gt2560r with .64 back end?? thoughts?? there's so many to choose from & a bit of lag wont bother me too much if it delivers the goods on boost.

Markey Mark (BD)
26-08-2011, 18:14
I've tried a .64 rear on the tungy 5 mate, all can say is not very impressed. If maybe that i have a large trim wheel in there too but for me i think i'd say stick with a smaller housing mate.

Brigsy
26-08-2011, 18:38
Did it not deliver the goods on boost mate?? id be willing to have a bit of lag for more power up top.

Markey Mark (BD)
26-08-2011, 18:48
Did it not deliver the goods on boost mate?? id be willing to have a bit of lag for more power up top.

Well i changed few bits on my engine since Pod Day but was all in aid to help it spool. I got full boost about 5000rpm, power delievery was smoother so not as sudden.
Now not too sure if me not being able to get more than 20psi made much difference but it didn't go as well as i thought, one thing i did notice was i had bugger all chatter on gear change so wondering if the turbo was spinning that fast at all due to the size of the housing, i'm going back to .49 rear mate and comparing.

Fordy
26-08-2011, 19:03
gt2560r is just a normal s14 t28 but roller ball core and a better design compressor wheel

on 200s they give a bit better than a stock t28 but its only minimal difference tbh

Alastair
26-08-2011, 20:59
Brigsy sorry to hear that mate, the T28 i just took off was about perfect, it was the g@Y-Tec T28 RB from back in the day, ill get the sizes from it later but it must have done 8 years of proper abuse at 22+ psi.

As for the goods, boost, boost and more boost with not too much lag if your quick with the gears.

Hope the van is back on the road ASAP:agree:

Brigsy
26-08-2011, 21:04
What turbo are you using on your new setup al? i think my old unit done well, i bet i was way out of the efficiency zone!

Alastair
26-08-2011, 21:26
What turbo are you using on your new setup al? i think my old unit done well, i bet i was way out of the efficiency zone!

I got an Adam L special T25 RB, I didn't buy it direct but got it new from they guy who did. Basically a Garrett RB GT with a .42 compressor, cant remember what the back end is off hand though...? I was blown away with it, virtually no lag and savage boost up to 24 psi. I'll upload a quick vid to utube and you can have a look. Same compressor as my old T28 (I re used my old housing as it was machined for the restrictor (which is still fitted).

rs250nut
26-08-2011, 23:13
The turbo I had off cr turbos in New Milton was bad ass , never really had the chance to test it properly but sure made a shed load of power at 20psi even with a stock cam. Gt2554r with a 60mm excuder comp wheel. The guy is sound, do a deal for cash ;)

Adam L
27-08-2011, 00:40
Gutted, Jon. A rollerbearing unit will spool quicker, believe it or not. You effectivley had a GT2560R but using a jounral bearing core and a .49 back housing. However you won't find a rolerbearing with a .49 exhaust side. the .64 is the smallest on any aftermarket Garrett turbo but I had 21psi at 4k rpm on said unit when I owned Mart's old Raider (the 3'' elbow helped massively though).

I'm rubbish, price wise, with rollerbearings, so do your shopping if you really want one.

Try AET for a chra and it'll be a direct fit for the housings you already have bar the machine work for the exhaust housing.

I've just read Mark's response about the .64 back end. The journal setup doesn't help. Now, I have no idea what the engine setup was on Mart's build but when 4k rpm came about the car wheel span through all of 3rd gear. I sold the elbow and turbo setup and fitted a journal .64 turbo with a BB tuning elbow/downpipe and the lag was instantly 1k rpm worse...

rs250nut
29-08-2011, 00:50
Mine was a roller bearing unit which cr turbos cast their own .49 rear housing for, you could eliminiate the whole debate on which rear housing is best for your own set up by rigging up a simple gauge to measure back pressure, old boost gauge and a coil of copper wire/ brake pipe voila:)

Scoff
29-08-2011, 11:51
I always had best results with a bigger turbine when I run the C1J. But, full-throttle shifting was essential. The engine would make good power past 8000rpm though, so if the cam and the rest of the engine doesn't want to work up there then 0.49 will still be best.

Brigsy I think you run quite a lairy cam, so I'd say you'll be OK with the 0.64. It'll need a load of RPM.

Glenn has 0.86 would you believe, which spools just fine without any gas, but that's an EFI thing :D

Brigsy
09-10-2011, 11:53
I have a piper 285 dialled in with 4deg of retard scoff so should work ok at high rpm? I'm not frightened to rev it like.

Found the problem with the old t28

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/42f20819.jpg

Old Vs new

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/731fb088.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/70e186c0.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/aa588c56.jpg

Just need an oil feed adaptor and return now, also need a new end for my actuator as the wastegate pin is smaller on the new turbo..can you buy them from anywhere or will I need to weld and redrill mine?!

Logg
09-10-2011, 13:02
Looking good mate the exhaust wheel looks quite a bit bigger. :D what sort of boost you planning on running as the compressor map stops at 1.5 bar. :cry:

Rare.
09-10-2011, 13:03
Loved this van when i saw it at Pod :)

You going to the cheshire RR day on 22nd briggs? if you are i might have some oil feed adapters and braided lines etc that might work for the t28, came off my garrett t28 i had for the 200sx so should be same/similar? can bring em with me so you can try them and if they work you can have them cheap cheap :agree:

gtmatt
09-10-2011, 14:43
Wow you got that quick mate , looks like a nice bit of kit , wht you doing with the t28 ??

Brigsy
09-10-2011, 17:02
Im hoping to get it all fitted before the rr day Rare, thanks for the offer though if i need the bits ill give you a shout :)

The old t28 needs a new shaft and rear housing, i think the core has survived as what's left of the shaft spins freely with no play in any direction. I did plan on just chucking it in the spares pile??

danielmk323
09-10-2011, 17:17
I have the same turbo like the new one you got at 0.6 7 it fells very good next will try to 1 bar and see the turbo should be at is optimum operation at 1 bar if im not wrong

Mart
09-10-2011, 17:24
Now, I have no idea what the engine setup was on Mart's build but when 4k rpm came about the car wheel span through all of 3rd gear. I sold the elbow and turbo setup and fitted a journal .64 turbo with a BB tuning elbow/downpipe and the lag was instantly 1k rpm worse...

:laugh:

Brigsy
09-10-2011, 17:30
I'll be running 1.5bar+ of boost. Probably way off the compressor map like the last turbo!

Chris Beer
10-10-2011, 18:15
Great work and such a fantastic extra ! :cool:

Brigsy
29-10-2011, 00:23
Progress has been slow but were getting there now! Had a carry on finding an adaptor for oil feed which has slowed progress down and everything seems to require small mods to fit to the new turbo. I've spent a few quid here and there on small parts.

The plan is to relocate the header tank to the scuttle panel whilst on with it as it's a bit close to the exhaust housing on the new turbo.

Compressor adaptors fitted

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/88522e0b.jpg

Bolted on

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/8f113c52.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/4cb64db1.jpg

J$£5GTT
29-10-2011, 00:30
:):agree:

Tim B
31-10-2011, 13:21
Looking good :D

Scoff
31-10-2011, 13:57
Depending on how well the engine breaths you might notice some surge on boost with that a/r .60 cover. I don't know what the trim of your old turbo was but if the wheel is the same dimensions as the new one you might have better success re-using the the .42. If it doesn't surge thats a good sign that things are working :)

Brigsy
31-10-2011, 22:19
Im not sure what trim the old comp wheel is scoff, ill have to suck it and see i guess :) ill be honest im sure i used to hear a bit of surge on a 4th gear pull from low revs with the old turbo, it used to hesitate occasionally , i always put it down to running way too much boost on a t3 cover.

Anyway its all fitted now ill give it a bit of boost later on in week. Doesn't seem very laggy which has shocked me?! spools up the same if not better than my old journal bearing t28. Only running 12 psi at moment but seems fairly lively.

Small vid of it on road, the surge when lifting off sounds badass :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyeNPqr_qok

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/d4fb5682.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/b10bbe3d.jpg

Header tank pmt relocated

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/b005b751.jpg

danielmk323
01-11-2011, 05:45
what actuator are you using mate i like to change my

Brigsy
01-11-2011, 07:58
Garrett -31 mate :)

Matt Cole
01-11-2011, 10:48
Awesome Brigsy!!

PS i have a spare GT gearbox if you need one!;)

djinuk
01-11-2011, 13:04
really liking that pipe run, i may copy if thats ok although i will have my lobster coming off at the angle and then through teh inner wing like marky marks , to avoid having to use the 90° dizzy. Looking real tidy though.

Do yo have any issues with no water swirl pot thingy mcbob, and no return / carb water inlet/outlet.

Brigsy
01-11-2011, 16:30
Had no problems with the cooling system mate, works fine on road or on track! the only real issue is lack of bleed nipple in the heater hose that goes to top of the water pump, I just back fill the hose/matrix with water it's dead easy to bleed. I might need that box Matt :)

philg
01-11-2011, 19:37
Looks great big lad :)

Alastair
01-11-2011, 22:02
Looks very nice mate - sounds great too

Kris M
01-11-2011, 22:13
Win Brigsy, win :)

Brigsy
03-11-2011, 00:34
Have been out testing the new turbo tonight, have turned the boost up to 1.2 bar for now, need a new steth before I go for big boost as I have no means of listening for knock at the moment.

Initial thoughts is that it seems awesome compared to old t28 - full boost at 4.2/4.5rpm, peaks and holds boost perfectly and will rev to 7k+ and the power seems strong up top compared to the old .49 rear. Have been listening out for surge and all seems good at moment, might be different when I start working it hard with a lot of boost?! Feels fast at 1.2 bar and the power delivery is nice and linear. In damp weather it was spinning the yoko's up easily in first 3 gears.

Trevhib
03-11-2011, 11:40
More pics, more vids :D

V Man
03-11-2011, 12:46
Sounds promising mate.:agree:
What the dickens happened to the old t28? Did the turbine wheel shear off?

Brigsy
05-11-2011, 00:59
Possibly too much boost made the last one fail??

As requested a vid at 1.2 bar (on private roads)

http://youtu.be/xHjwHFp64Tw

r5 rich
05-11-2011, 11:48
I need a van like that in my life! love it:D

kial
05-11-2011, 14:48
possibly Too Much Boost Made The Last One Fail??

As Requested A Vid At 1.2 Bar (on Private Roads)

http://youtu.be/xhjwhfp64tw

What A Beast!

Trevhib
05-11-2011, 15:24
Awesome.

Looks like more than 1.2bar! That would only be 17.4psi but you're way off the standard gauge! :D

Or do you mean 1.2bar at the mani? :)

Brigsy
05-11-2011, 18:04
I always measure boost at the manifold Trev :) the boost gauge on dash is all over the place over 1 bar. Look closely on vid at the boost gauge where the clock used to be, this is plumbed into aei line.

Ps i dont normally have the afr's stupidly rich like it is now, the carb is setup for a lot more boost. Can't wait to get a steth hooked up so I can up the wick ;)

djinuk
26-11-2011, 21:51
am i correct in saying with this new hose setup you have no inlet manifold cooling ?

Ashy
26-11-2011, 22:11
looks awesome matey :agree:

Adam L
26-11-2011, 22:14
Just to give you a better idea of what comp wheel you were running before, Jon, it was a 60 trim T28 wheel.

Things are looking good though, you did a nice job of getting the actuator to fit:)

Andyturbo!
26-11-2011, 23:00
Feck me! That sounds awesome! In the vid, gota take me for a spin in this sometime:D

Robbo
27-11-2011, 00:17
am i correct in saying with this new hose setup you have no inlet manifold cooling ?

some peeps think the coolant actually heats the inlet manifold

Tony Walker
27-11-2011, 20:06
100 degree coolant running through isnt going to cool much i dont think. probably there to improve fuel atomisation( stop carb freeze), theres alot of older cars with single point injection with electric heaters built in to stop this.

djinuk
27-11-2011, 20:24
ah ok then to keep it warm, im going to guess its probably more for super super cold time s(snow etc).

Only reason i ask is i think im going to do away with that part of the water circuit.

Brigsy
04-03-2012, 19:03
I have no problems without the inlet water pipes mate :)

Took it for mot yesterday, went straight through no probs. took a short vid of a 2nd gear pull on way for mot, no traction at all. Still need to try a bigger rear end to try and stop the surging issues im having at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLt1asDighg&feature=autoplay&list=UUfoZhuhJ-evNtuxs2EM8nkw&lf=plcp&playnext=1

Brigsy
04-05-2012, 13:07
Small update...logg spec engine mounts fitted and doing the job superb. Still running a1, have only been servicing and filling up with fuel! Done about 15k of hard miles. Pic of speedo on private roads of course, wont be the first time its done this. Who says mega boost c1j's cant be reliable. That was approx 6300 in 5th, on a good day it will do 6800;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/brigsy/9aeb5286.jpg

Penfold aka The Dealer
04-05-2012, 13:18
Small update...logg spec engine mounts fitted and doing the job superb. Still running a1, have only been servicing and filling up with fuel! Done about 15k of hard miles. Pic of speedo on private roads of course, wont be the first time its done this. Who says mega boost c1j's cant be reliable. That was approx 6300 in 5th, on a good day it will do 6800;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/brigsy/9aeb5286.jpg

:agree: very impressive brigsy, out onterest hiw hard was it putting the GTT dash in?

Brigsy
04-05-2012, 15:38
Ive got the standard van dash with gtt clocks, just rewired the derv loom to suit.

chris
04-05-2012, 20:14
Loved reading this thread i seen the van in french cars magazine youve done a great job. I have just been watching your videos and when you let off throtle it makes that noise like a dump valve but not wooosh noise is that some type of dumpvalve?

James5
04-05-2012, 20:16
Loved reading this thread i seen the van in french cars magazine youve done a great job. I have just been watching your videos and when you let off throtle it makes that noise like a dump valve but not wooosh noise is that some type of dumpvalve?

That would be compressor surge, I do not think Brigsy would be running a D/V:laugh:

r5 rich
04-05-2012, 20:22
this is one van I would actually love to own. Fantastic build!

Tony Walker
04-05-2012, 20:38
whats the fastest road legal van? could this make some kind of record ???? :D

Tony Walker
04-05-2012, 20:40
theres nothing on guiness records? do it do it do it :agree:

Jonny5
04-05-2012, 20:49
Think the jag xj220 engined ford transit is clast as the fastest van at around 170mph.

GT Josh
04-05-2012, 22:16
Sounds like my cars big brother when it comes off the throttle haha. Dump valves = Poo!

Brigsy
05-05-2012, 21:21
Its all about the compressor surge!! Fastest extra van in the world?? Who knows:)

Alex
05-05-2012, 22:12
What a sight that must have been - an Extra van doing 140 mph! :laugh:

benj88
06-05-2012, 00:11
Class :D

Brigsy
07-05-2012, 21:36
Took a couple of vids today whilst doing a couple of bits to the van

C1j startup with no choke, this engine also has no valve stem oil seals. Considering it hasnt been started since thursday this is an example of how little smoke you get on startup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9U7t6jRJYQ&list=UUfoZhuhJ-evNtuxs2EM8nkw&index=2&feature=plcp

Vid of the turbo spooling up when revved, iphone camera mic cant handle the induction noise :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5-mnWEetCQ&list=UUfoZhuhJ-evNtuxs2EM8nkw&index=1&feature=plcp

Tim B
07-05-2012, 21:57
Must be a van thing. Mine starts up sweet as, even after two weeks and no smoke:D

Brigsy
07-05-2012, 22:29
Get a project thread up for yours tim!! Yours inspired to do the conversion in the first place:)

Brigsy
10-07-2012, 12:11
Time for an update!

Since last update ive done a bit of this (on private roads ;) )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/brigsy/e4091aab.jpg

Bit of bumper chopping for track

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/brigsy/fd334a62.jpg

Bit of track action at donnington, turned the boost down to 20psi and still lashed a focus rs

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/brigsy/8b4001a7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/brigsy/2c355095.jpg

This resulted in knackered tyres all round so i bought these ready for blyton

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/brigsy/78b45952.jpg

Also scraping at nearside back when braking, i thought the shoes were metal to metal on inspection the bearing has thrown its grease out!? Probably not built to handle the loadings on track off the yoko's lol. A new one has been pressed in. More to come...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/brigsy/a26624db.jpg

Tim B
10-07-2012, 12:54
+140 you bad lad:D

Coops
10-07-2012, 13:43
:agree:

r5 rich
11-07-2012, 08:43
:D I want this van sooooooo bad! One of my favourite vehicles on here for sure.

Brigsy
19-03-2013, 21:32
Long time no update!?

Renewed the tax beginning of march. Annual mot time last sat, passed as per;)

Now its time for jobs for sangliers 13

1 - Renew headgasket as its been leaking a slight bit of oil out the gallery when it gets hot (been like this for two years lol) general service and usual ****e

2 - Poss get old turbo rebuilt - theres nothing wrong with the rb unit but i want it to perform better on the strip this year...still undecided what to do for now

3 - Make up small cowling for rad and poss raise bonnet slightly at back to aid cooling overseas

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/67f7e56e75fd7108aa77de9c0fab7d6a_zpse9264399.jpg

Brigsy
01-04-2013, 17:40
Head off & on in 2 1/2 hrs today getting slow in my old age!? Lol all this to cure a very minor oil leak before sangliers.

I was expecting this engine to be fairly knackered after the many miles of abuse but it looks half decent. Always wanted to see what the pistons are like as this is the first engine i have tuned myself.

Pistons & liners, bit of carbon build up as my carb is fairly rich in mid range and 11.5ish on wot.

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/c0a02748f0e0174d340ba8440f77565f_zps0ce2e246.jpg

Head has a couple of det marks but hardly nowt, i think this happened when the gt2560 decided it wanted to make 28lbs + in 4th when setting up, heard it knock and lifted off. This is a bonus as i discovered my knock sensor has probably never worked after it fell to pieces today.

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/9deaec7694a40b0fe4355f1315e97f32_zps1abd6e66.jpg

Crack between valves on one cyl, this wasnt there 4 years ago

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/28ea913e527fce154223717bfdaca012_zps4fff8d42.jpg

Cam followers look to be ok after 3 different cams, worst one

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/719a1626aa2506deef25d50e3dfd0185_zps9c5c2dd8.jpg

All pushrods have wintess marks on from rubbing the head. Check out the small breach in gasket near oil gallery, apart from that it was perfect

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm453/Brigsygtt/e891149eecf357cc8e02595b1b02a1c7_zpsa7500d40.jpg